Author Topic: Hey guys, let's discuss psychedelics  (Read 10307 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys, let's discuss psychedelics
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2022, 09:12:07 PM »
I want to reiterate what I posted at some point in this thread that Psilocybin mushrooms are an incredible thing for dealing with mortality. if you or a loved one are dying or have someone who is I cannot encourage you enough to look into them. that's my irl psa for today.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2022, 09:51:53 PM »
I want to reiterate what I posted at some point in this thread that Psilocybin mushrooms are an incredible thing for dealing with mortality. if you or a loved one are dying or have someone who is I cannot encourage you enough to look into them. that's my irl psa for today.
Yeah, one night I told one of Limestone and my other roommates the absolute complete real secret of the universe and our purpose as humans.  It was a  fantastic idea, but I cannot remember what it was.  I just know that I knew that it was the best insight into the mystery of life, ever. Again, zero idea now what that was.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2022, 10:13:54 PM »
Meth, yay or nay?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2022, 10:43:26 PM »
That’s horrible stuff. Stay away.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2022, 10:45:22 PM »
That’s horrible stuff. Stay away.
No offense to anyone recovering from or thinking about recovering from it.

Just avoid the stuff if you can.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2022, 12:01:58 AM »
Meth, yay or nay?
There's a reason people like it. There's a reason people say stay away.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2022, 01:17:49 PM »
Paper in the New England this week with promising early results for use of psilocybin to treat depression:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2206443?query=RES&cid=NEJM+Resident+Briefing%2C+November+3%2C+2022+DM1624232_NEJM_Non_Subscriber&bid=1244175369

In this phase 2 trial involving participants with treatment-resistant depression, psilocybin at a single dose of 25 mg, but not 10 mg, reduced depression scores significantly more than a 1-mg dose over a period of 3 weeks but was associated with adverse effects. Larger and longer trials, including comparison with existing treatments, are required to determine the efficacy and safety of psilocybin for this disorder.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2022, 01:22:43 PM »
but was associated with adverse effects like time travel and your bud going on repeat and saying the same thing 12 times in a row but irl he just said it once and your brain rewound it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »
Adverse effects like getting arguably sexually assaulted by a girl on the floor of your foyer while all you're trying to do is eat your Pizza Shuttle that just arrived.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2022, 01:26:32 PM »
Paper in the New England this week with promising early results for use of psilocybin to treat depression:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2206443?query=RES&cid=NEJM+Resident+Briefing%2C+November+3%2C+2022+DM1624232_NEJM_Non_Subscriber&bid=1244175369

In this phase 2 trial involving participants with treatment-resistant depression, psilocybin at a single dose of 25 mg, but not 10 mg, reduced depression scores significantly more than a 1-mg dose over a period of 3 weeks but was associated with adverse effects. Larger and longer trials, including comparison with existing treatments, are required to determine the efficacy and safety of psilocybin for this disorder.
haven't they known all of this for a long time?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2022, 01:42:33 PM »

haven't they known all of this for a long time?
This is the first time I've seen something published in a high-profile journal like NEJM.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2022, 05:41:17 PM »
at some point i want to just like, go to Sweden or Norway or whatever and just stroll into one of those LSD clinics and have a doc administer to me and suddenly i know calculus 5

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2022, 05:43:40 PM »
@BAC, if you want to see the sun breaking through your environs in fractal patterns, you don't need to travel all the way to Scandinavia. I got your back.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2022, 05:54:02 PM »
 :drool:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2022, 05:59:14 PM »
Last weekend my drug dealer gifted me a gram of mushrooms just to try out, will it make me undepressed?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2022, 06:03:37 PM »
Last weekend my drug dealer gifted me a gram of mushrooms just to try out, will it make me undepressed?

I'm not a doctor (other than the juris variety) or scientist, but yes. Chomp chomp.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2022, 06:26:41 PM »

Have you ever microdosed? I've never eaten less than 7g of mushrooms at a time. I'm interested in a trusted review of the microdose feels.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2022, 06:48:33 PM »
Nic likes to get weird. 7 grams is an absurd floor.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2022, 06:51:55 PM »
Yea it is. I used to trip balls on half that. I eventually tired of those intense trips and would just eat 1.5-2g for very light visuals, body highs, and the ability to talk to other people.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2022, 07:17:55 PM »
Yea it is. I used to trip balls on half that. I eventually tired of those intense trips and would just eat 1.5-2g for very light visuals, body highs, and the ability to talk to other people.

You're prob right. I think it was actually 3.5 grams, or about 1/8 of an ounce. But I def tripped balls every time.

I think asteriskhead used to microdose from time to time.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2022, 07:20:43 PM »

Yes, best not done around bunches people or anywhere loud. Walking through east side MHK neighborhoods at night was a treat. I always ate an eighth all at once never tried any other way

Yeah it was an 8th.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2022, 08:56:09 PM »
@BAC, if you want to see the sun breaking through your environs in fractal patterns, you don't need to travel all the way to Scandinavia. I got your back.

Real talk, Starting in January my company is switching over from accrued PTO to unlimited but no accrual. So basically ppl like me have a crap ton of PTO to burn between now and the end of the year. Mrs BAC was like “just like, take some days off to do whatever”

So like, I’m totally down to get weird. Maybe we could get AST to cook something amazing, holy crap this could rule so hard. This has been real talk with BAC

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2022, 08:58:07 PM »
Mrs. BAC sounds like a cool lady.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2022, 06:32:10 AM »

Not without like 4g more and some therapy during, unfortunately. It will be fun though.