Author Topic: Heading to WV for the game? Read this first!  (Read 8074 times)

Offline MountaineerLegion

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Heading to WV for the game? Read this first!
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
I've only been here a couple hours but have already got my purple krylon spray paint cans warmed up. first of all we checked into our hotel and when my mom and step dad Rick were showering I went down to the parking lot and drew a beautiful purple dong with a droopy and hairy sack off the base of it on the side of a Ford F250 with WV Mountaineer plates. I made some "spurts" out the end of the main bone as well. it was beautiful and probably some of my best work in a year. then I went and found some WV plates and didn't get as "artsy". I just mostly did some "eff" and "TURD" and whatever on the side of them as I rapid fire rolled through the lot. Went through about 8 cans. Luckily I brought about 20 so tomorrow I'll get tons more. Later dudes!

Classy.  Self portrait?  Way to aspire to greatness.   You are indeed representative of your fan base.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2018, 10:59:59 AM »
No self limitations, etc etc

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »
Ok Cats, the smack talk has been entertaining but it's now time to get serious. 

Hopefully the Purple Wizard is out of tricks for us.  Let's hope for a safe and entertaining game....and a WVU win.  :pray:

Peace brothas.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
Oh no no no, we're not done quite yet.

Quote from: MountaineerLegion

I'm damn well aware purple is the color of royalty you "pin headed piss ant", that's why I said "Pts for the effort".  Assuming I am ignorant means you have violated one of the major tenants of the greatest general of all time, Sun Tzu, Know Your Enemy, Know Yourself.  You've underestimated me and overestimated yourself with your personal attack and absurd suggestion your penitentiary stadium is a cathedral to your success.  Sun Tzu says that people who ignore this ensure their failure.  By the way, this also applies to our game tomorrow.  Also, I've avoided personal attacks up to this point.  I understand it though, if you can't beat the argument attack the person.  Maybe you really do work in politics.

What the hell does "...we have been a top 15 program for the since millenials made their first memories..."?  You must have been in the same KSt English class as Big Apple Cat.  You know there are pages on the internet that will correct your grammar right?

I think you mean tenets, Mr. Grammar.

You come at the king, you best not miss. :ump:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:15:44 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
Oh no no no, we're not done quite yet.

Quote from: MountaineerLegion

I'm damn well aware purple is the color of royalty you "pin headed piss ant", that's why I said "Pts for the effort".  Assuming I am ignorant means you have violated one of the major tenants of the greatest general of all time, Sun Tzu, Know Your Enemy, Know Yourself.  You've underestimated me and overestimated yourself with your personal attack and absurd suggestion your penitentiary stadium is a cathedral to your success.  Sun Tzu says that people who ignore this ensure their failure.  By the way, this also applies to our game tomorrow.  Also, I've avoided personal attacks up to this point.  I understand it though, if you can't beat the argument attack the person.  Maybe you really do work in politics.

What the hell does "...we have been a top 15 program for the since millenials made their first memories..."?  You must have been in the same KSt English class as Big Apple Cat.  You know there are pages on the internet that will correct your grammar right?

I think you mean tenets, Mr. Grammar.

Yes, yes I did.  Touche.  The Force of Alcohol was strong within me at that point. 

You weren't part of the "eating crow" exchange I had prior to the game were you?

Offline ksucat2010

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »
1st time poster, but i wanted to insert my thoughts on WVU after attending the game over the weekend.  First, i don't want to completely bash Morgantown WV as i didn't see the entire town.  I saw the campus area, the downtown area and i briefly crossed the river to go to Target.  But from what i saw, color me unimpressed.  Also, the WVU campus does not hold a candle to the KSU campus.  The WVU campus is crammed right against the downtown/river area and at least one side of campus sits next to some atrocious student housing.  My first thought was "people actually live in these houses?"  I mean, when i was at school at KSU we had some pretty bad housing 3 to 4 blocks away from the campus on streets like Bertrand, Kearney Thurston etc.,  but those houses were  decent compared the 3  story crap castles next to WVU's campus.  Also, most of those shitty houses next to KSU campus have been since torn down and rebuilt or in the process of being torn down and rebuilt.  Imagine this, take away the nice large landscaped portions of grass that sit between the campus buildings and the wall, the wall around campus and sit the buildings right across the street to a shittier version of Poyntz Ave., and you have the WVU campus.  I did have blast down on High Street though and people were super-friendly and bought me several drinks.  I will be honest here, i personally believe high street has better bars than Aggieville, but Aggieville is a better bar district if that makes sense. If High street was more compact like Aggieville, i would say High Street was better.  But i do believe the WVU/Morgantown police are much more laid back than the RCPD.   As for tailgating, I haven't been to many Big 12 tailgates scenes, but WVU's is the best that i have been to.  Again,  the people were super-friendly and offered me beer, food and moonshine.  Overall, it had a much better atmosphere than KSU's tailgate, Blue Lot was awesome. But......after we left the game, every parking area was completely trashed.  Think of the grass lots where the students tailgate at KSU after a game and imagine if the East and West side parking lots of stadium looking just like that after a game.  That is what Blue Lot looked like.  I would love to have tailgating atmosphere that WVU has at KSU, but the tucks in MHK would not have it if it meant turning the place into landfill every game.  As for the stadium, Milan-Puskar is kind of blah.  Not that i think BSFS is the greatest Big 12 stadium, but it is much better than Milan-Puskar.  Also, thought BSFS gets much louder.  In conclusion, IMHO the town of Manhattan, the KSU campus, LHC Bill Snyder's Family Stadium and Aggieville are much better areas/facilities at least aesthetically.  But i do wish we had the atmosphere/spirit that WVU has. 

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »
1st time poster, but i wanted to insert my thoughts on WVU after attending the game over the weekend.  First, i don't want to completely bash Morgantown WV as i didn't see the entire town.  I saw the campus area, the downtown area and i briefly crossed the river to go to Target.  But from what i saw, color me unimpressed.  Also, the WVU campus does not hold a candle to the KSU campus.  The WVU campus is crammed right against the downtown/river area and at least one side of campus sits next to some atrocious student housing.  My first thought was "people actually live in these houses?"  I mean, when i was at school at KSU we had some pretty bad housing 3 to 4 blocks away from the campus on streets like Bertrand, Kearney Thurston etc.,  but those houses were  decent compared the 3  story crap castles next to WVU's campus.  Also, most of those shitty houses next to KSU campus have been since torn down and rebuilt or in the process of being torn down and rebuilt.  Imagine this, take away the nice large landscaped portions of grass that sit between the campus buildings and the wall, the wall around campus and sit the buildings right across the street to a shittier version of Poyntz Ave., and you have the WVU campus.  I did have blast down on High Street though and people were super-friendly and bought me several drinks.  I will be honest here, i personally believe high street has better bars than Aggieville, but Aggieville is a better bar district if that makes sense. If High street was more compact like Aggieville, i would say High Street was better.  But i do believe the WVU/Morgantown police are much more laid back than the RCPD.   As for tailgating, I haven't been to many Big 12 tailgates scenes, but WVU's is the best that i have been to.  Again,  the people were super-friendly and offered me beer, food and moonshine.  Overall, it had a much better atmosphere than KSU's tailgate, Blue Lot was awesome. But......after we left the game, every parking area was completely trashed.  Think of the grass lots where the students tailgate at KSU after a game and imagine if the East and West side parking lots of stadium looking just like that after a game.  That is what Blue Lot looked like.  I would love to have tailgating atmosphere that WVU has at KSU, but the tucks in MHK would not have it if it meant turning the place into landfill every game.  As for the stadium, Milan-Puskar is kind of blah.  Not that i think BSFS is the greatest Big 12 stadium, but it is much better than Milan-Puskar.  Also, thought BSFS gets much louder.  In conclusion, IMHO the town of Manhattan, the KSU campus, LHC Bill Snyder's Family Stadium and Aggieville are much better areas/facilities at least aesthetically.  But i do wish we had the atmosphere/spirit that WVU has.

I know it's your first post and all but......DNR
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »

Do they still have door-less stalls in the rest rooms? That was my #1 complaint about their stadium.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
I actually did read that behemoth of a post but my goodness.  Couldn't that have been split into AT LEAST 2-3 paragraphs?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f