Author Topic: Will Classless Kleiman Run Up the Score Again?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Will Classless Kleiman Run Up the Score Again?
« on: September 09, 2019, 05:24:58 PM »
I’m already pretty fed up with the attitude I’ve seen from the new coaching staff toward our opponents. Will he do it again against Ole Miss St? Unless Eli Manning is coming through that tunnel I’m afraid he will, in which case it will be the last Cats game I watch this year.

Hey bully - coach Snyder practiced a thing called class. Maybe try it sometime.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Will Classless Kleiman Run Up the Score Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:03 AM »
1.) 
catastrophe
I’m already pretty fed up with the attitude I’ve seen from the new coaching staff toward our opponents. Will he do it again against Ole Miss St?

One can only hope so. MStU needs plenty of proding to clear out the Kluxers.

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline GoToHellOleMiss

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 06:54:24 AM »
I’m already pretty fed up with the attitude I’ve seen from the new coaching staff toward our opponents. Will he do it again against Ole Miss St? Unless Eli Manning is coming through that tunnel I’m afraid he will, in which case it will be the last Cats game I watch this year.

Hey bully - coach Snyder practiced a thing called class. Maybe try it sometime.

I expect KSU will score at least 87 points.  And given that they could score 120...87 is not running it up.

The fighting Willies rushing attack is the greatest offensive powerhouse in the history of sport. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:19:14 AM »
take this to the Fire Klieman thread please

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
'tatorblast
take this to the Fire Klieman thread please

Classienessie can only be measured in miniscule gradients not HUGE ones.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline BobLeeDagger

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 11:39:15 AM »
I just hope Sylvester Croom doesn't send Les and company back home to Lawrence with another 21 point L. 31-10. Yikes. For the greater image of KU athletics, let's hope he keeps it a little closer. Also, your women are heinous.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 01:33:28 PM »
I just hope Sylvester Croom doesn't send Les and company back home to Lawrence with another 21 point L. 31-10. Yikes. For the greater image of KU athletics, let's hope he keeps it a little closer. Also, your women are heinous.

Welcome BobLeeDagger !  The cruelest insult yet in this thread.

Offline starcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »
He pulled the starters relatively early.  One can't expect to put the 2's in and ask them not to perform, esp. if they are trying to prove themselves to the coaches, fans, family, friends, etc.  Put another way, it would be asking a lot for the offense to march down and then, what, hand the ball to the other team--which would be an even bigger insult.  Or how about they tell the Defense to let the other team score a TD or two?  I get your point and it's a tough balance, but I don't see that he did anything wrong and judging from what we've seen, it's inaccurate and unfair to call the coach classless.  Ideally we'll schedule a little stronger opponents in the future, but even that's a slippery slope.  It used to be controversial to do that, but now if you look at the schedules of even the top teams they start off with games that don't truly challenge the team.  I think it's more telling that we may just be that good.  I don't know and we'll have to see how it plays out this week.  One more note: I definitely recall some of Snyder's really good teams having scores like we saw last Saturday.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:32 PM »
He pulled the starters relatively early.  One can't expect to put the 2's in and ask them not to perform, esp. if they are trying to prove themselves to the coaches, fans, family, friends, etc.  Put another way, it would be asking a lot for the offense to march down and then, what, hand the ball to the other team--which would be an even bigger insult.  Or how about they tell the Defense to let the other team score a TD or two?  I get your point and it's a tough balance, but I don't see that he did anything wrong and judging from what we've seen, it's inaccurate and unfair to call the coach classless.  Ideally we'll schedule a little stronger opponents in the future, but even that's a slippery slope.  It used to be controversial to do that, but now if you look at the schedules of even the top teams they start off with games that don't truly challenge the team.  I think it's more telling that we may just be that good.  I don't know and we'll have to see how it plays out this week.  One more note: I definitely recall some of Snyder's really good teams having scores like we saw last Saturday.
 :Take the Bait:
OK, bait set; let the game begin.  :party:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »
It's getting chippy!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
I’ll be the first to admit I’m impressed with Kleiman’s restraint this week.

Online TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
I heard his cat died earlier this week. Just didn't have it in his heart to "stomp our foot on their neck" and really put it away. Shows a lot of character if you ask me.