Author Topic: The Catholics. My goodness. Deviant Priests  (Read 19120 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Catholics. My goodness. Deviant Priests
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »
God haters and Jesus bashers are going to have a field day with all of the lastest sexual abuse news I the Catholic Church.
Sad.
A few jerks is destroying the respect long
In the  entire realm of Christianity.
How can it be fixed?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: The Catholics. My goodness. Deviant Priests
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
We should pay priests more.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:10 PM »
We should pay priests more.

Wouldn't help, they would just give it to the Vatican or spent it on wine.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
Allowing priests to marry would be a great start. There is no biblical basis for the current practice.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »
Allowing priests to marry would be a great start. There is no biblical basis for the current practice.

Actually, priests were allowed to marry.  Several centuries ago, a pope changed at that. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
The Catholics. My goodness. Deviant Priests
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:55:21 PM »

Especially since Mary Magdalene was Jesus’s wife and had his kid.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »

What, Mary Mother of God, wouldn't be humping her son too!  :surprised:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »

What, Mary Mother of God, wouldn't be humping her son too!  :surprised:

Not that Mary.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »

Is there any chance of this though?  Serious non-pit question.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 09:56:43 PM »

It’s unlikely. The Church is resistant to radical change, and that would be radical. But it is at least a serious topic of discussion among Catholics. The other possible safeguard is ordaining women to the priesthood (I think less likely) or at least elevating them to higher levels of authority (not sure how the Church could give a non-priest authority over a priest, however).

These horrible crimes are largely rooted in the sad fact that the priesthood has for a very long time been a refuge of sorts for some deeply troubled, closeted homosexuals. The vast vast majority of the molestations are homosexual in nature. Allowing priests to marry eliminates that draw, not to mention makes the priesthood a more appealing vocation for more people.

Celibacy of the priesthood is one of the Catholic traditions I have the hardest time grappling with.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 10:00:04 PM »

It’s unlikely. The Church is resistant to radical change, and that would be radical. But it is at least a serious topic of discussion among Catholics. The other possible safeguard is ordaining women to the priesthood (I think less likely) or at least elevating them to higher levels of authority (not sure how the Church could give a non-priest authority over a priest, however).

These horrible crimes are largely rooted in the sad fact that the priesthood has for a very long time been a refuge of sorts for some deeply troubled, closeted homosexuals. The vast vast majority of the molestations are homosexual in nature. Allowing priests to marry eliminates that draw, not to mention makes the priesthood a more appealing vocation for more people.

Celibacy of the priesthood is one of the Catholic traditions I have the hardest time grappling with.

I've heard the word reformation thrown around since the grand jury report came out so it may not be as unlikely as you think.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 11:21:12 PM »

My kids go to these schools so I hope there is a new plan.  Good post btw kazz.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »

Low Catholic IQ here (and low pedo IQ), but is it not more of an access issue than a homosexual pedophilic preference? Is there a young girl equivalent to an altar boy in the Catholic Church that a priest would have similar access to?
:adios:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 07:35:23 AM »
Churches are allowed to have alter girls. Also, the latest Pennsylvania mess did involve girls. I don’t think allowing priests to marry would remove pedophiles from the priesthood but it would drastically increase the available pool of priests which would help.

Even though the stuff in Pennsylvania apparently involved some pretty terrible child abuse, by far the worst aspect was that it was coordinated among several clergy and systematically carried out & covered up. That depravity goes a lot deeper.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
If your church doesn’t have any altar girls.... :dubious:
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
I think it's pretty clear that the laws we have against people who cover this sort of thing up and allow it to continue are either not strong enough or we just aren't doing a good enough job of prosecuting them.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:12 AM »
I'm not sure how anyone could continue to participate in and contribute money to an organization that is so seemingly non-caring about child abuse. This is a culture problem, just like Baylor and Penn state, every single person involved must be outted and punished.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Yeah, there are other churches that don't have this problem institutionally embedded in them. Sending this church money makes you a small part of the problem.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »
Sadly other churches are not immune from evil leaders, but I've explained above why the Catholic Church has a particular problem and how to best fix it. As for Catholics boycotting the Church, I'm sure some will. But I wouldn't judge too harshly the vast majority who choose to stay. Protestants and non-religious tend to view churches somewhat more interchangeably. To Catholics, the Catholic Church is the one true church. That's why Catholics don't call it the Catholic Church. They call it "the Church." They believe that the Church has direct lineage to Jesus Christ and Peter, whom they identify as the first pope. I do hope they'll attempt to reform the priesthood, but for all the talk of Pope Francis being a "reformer," he is not the pope you want for this job.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/opinion/signs-times/pope-francis-blind-spot-sexual-abuse

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
God should fix it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 11:59:49 AM »
Sadly other churches are not immune from evil leaders, but I've explained above why the Catholic Church has a particular problem and how to best fix it. As for Catholics boycotting the Church, I'm sure some will. But I wouldn't judge too harshly the vast majority who choose to stay. Protestants and non-religious tend to view churches somewhat more interchangeably. To Catholics, the Catholic Church is the one true church. That's why Catholics don't call it the Catholic Church. They call it "the Church." They believe that the Church has direct lineage to Jesus Christ and Peter, whom they identify as the first pope. I do hope they'll attempt to reform the priesthood, but for all the talk of Pope Francis being a "reformer," he is not the pope you want for this job.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/opinion/signs-times/pope-francis-blind-spot-sexual-abuse

And interestingly enough, Peter was married...

And yeah, this thing is disgusting.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:17 PM »
I wonder if kdub would be excusing all of this if American imam's were raping kids right and left?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »

Everyone calls their church “church”

I don’t say “I went to the Methodist Church last Sunday”

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
Everyone refers to church as church. But when referring to your church as a distinct entity, you probably call it the Methodist Church. For Catholics it’s just The Church. Kind of like The Ohio State University.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »
canco