Author Topic: That guy that was Trump’s campaign manager for two months  (Read 13646 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: That guy that was Trump’s campaign manager for two months
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2019, 10:49:37 PM »
they shut down a monitored release program that had like 99% of asylum applicants showing up in court.

And that was a dick move. However, they believed they were still required to release children, hence the eff up.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »
there were still required to release the children.  they got that part right.

they were not required to separate them from their families, put the children in hellish kinderprisons, not maintain records, haphazardly separately deport sometimes the adult and sometimes the child and end up effectively orphaning hundreds of children.  hence the "eff up".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:21 PM »
there were still required to release the children.  they got that part right.

they were not required to separate them from their families, put the children in hellish kinderprisons, not maintain records, haphazardly separately deport sometimes the adult and sometimes the child and end up effectively orphaning hundreds of children.  hence the "eff up".

The lawsuits regarding conditions at detention facilities for Unaccompanied Alien Children predate the policy implemented last summer. I thought we were discussing the "family separation policy." Look, you and I are largely on the same page when it comes to this. But the blame doesn't fall solely at Trump's feet. If anything, Trump scorn has finally caused people to pay attention to what's going on at the border. Even so, it's a very complicated situation with tons of competing interests involved. It's very easy to moralize about it. Much harder, however, to actually manage a process that will be acceptable to a majority of Americans. It's a Herculean task we have at the Southern border. We need more of everything: immigration judges, lawyers, acceptable detention centers, etc.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That guy that was Trump’s campaign manager for two months
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
I think it’s pretty fair in this circumstance to consider that Trump’s administration openly supported separating children from their parents as a deterrent to crossing the border. I’m not aware that any other administration took that stance even if it occasionally happened before.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
i hope our next commander in chief can make america the good guys again (MATGGA)