Author Topic: Blue wave/red wave 2018 midterms prediction thread, now add your own!  (Read 24192 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Blue wave/red wave 2018 midterms prediction thread, now add your own!
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
Anything worth voting on up here?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
It's good news for Beto, I don't really draw any conclusions for anyone else

You guys are very sensitive about data, yikes
just
If voters over 65 were already outvoting voters under 30 by 3 to 1 or more, I'd say it's bad news for Beto. I have no idea what normal ratio is, though.

there are tons of ways it could be either good or bad for beto regardless of the ratio.  i listen to the nv early vote and i look at the fl early vote (but trust it much much less).  everywhere else it's just narrative (for now, until someone proves out a pattern).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
You guys have never been to Texas, have you?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
drawing 0 conclusions I would say that increased voter turnout is good for america in general

I’ve never understood this sentiment. How is it “good for America” to increase turnout among those that are presently too lazy, disengaged, or ignorant to bother to vote? Do we really want more people at the polls because they got a vote reminder from T-Swift or Kanye?

I’m not saying we should actively work to disenfranchise these dullards, but I’m also not saying we should go out of our way to get them to a ballot box.

Anyway, this is off topic so I’ll leave it there. I guess both sides think their voters are “smarter” - but damn both sides should at least be able to agree that there are already too many dumbasses voting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
drawing 0 conclusions I would say that increased voter turnout is good for america in general

I’ve never understood this sentiment. How is it “good for America” to increase turnout among those that are presently too lazy, disengaged, or ignorant to bother to vote? Do we really want more people at the polls because they got a vote reminder from T-Swift or Kanye?

I’m not saying we should actively work to disenfranchise these dullards, but I’m also not saying we should go out of our way to get them to a ballot box.

Anyway, this is off topic so I’ll leave it there. I guess both sides think their voters are “smarter” - but damn both sides should at least be able to agree that there are already too many dumbasses voting.

Rich white land owning males should vote and everyone else can eff off is what I always say
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2018, 06:15:20 AM »
Back when America was great...

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
But really I don’t completely disagree with KSUW.  We should be focused on increasing information for voters just as much as increasing turnout. I think if you can do that, turnout will inevitably follow. It is currently very difficult to get information on most election races, which understandably makes people less interested unless they are dummies who just want to vote straight ticket.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2018, 07:58:55 AM »
Bad news for the crowd who thinks fewer should vote.

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1057611494223949824

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:11 AM »
But really I don’t completely disagree with KSUW.  We should be focused on increasing information for voters just as much as increasing turnout. I think if you can do that, turnout will inevitably follow. It is currently very difficult to get information on most election races, which understandably makes people less interested unless they are dummies who just want to vote straight ticket.

I think a lot of positions should be appointed instead of elected. No reason I should be voting on state treasurer, district attorney, or secretary of state.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
old people love voting. you take those positions and local elections and bond crap away from them and all they have to look forward to is getting the mail every day the second the mailman comes.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2018, 08:24:12 AM »

It's not even about getting more information out, it's about getting accurate information out. Start by overturning Citizens United and outlawing superPACs.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
old people love voting. you take those positions and local elections and bond crap away from them and all they have to look forward to is getting the mail every day the second the mailman comes.

They still get to vote. It might only take them 20 minutes instead of 40 to adjust their glasses and think hard about each choice before choosing the republican, but they can still go to the coffee shop (McDonalds) afterward, talk about it with their friends, and give a good tongue lashing to the one dumbass at the shop who voted for a democrat on accident.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, when you consider that half of the population has an IQ under 100, I'm not sure greater participation is a positive.

I'm also pretty confident that, given how many new voters trump has engaged, increased turnout is not good for the left-o-whackadoos.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »
Like, if you think increased voter turnout is good for libtards, you've probably never talked to a libtard. They'd lose a job (best day ever!) over casting a vote on some menial matter.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2018, 09:01:26 AM »
I'm not gonna lie, when you consider that half of the population has an IQ under 100, I'm not sure greater participation is a positive.

I'm also pretty confident that, given how many new voters trump has engaged, increased turnout is not good for the left-o-whackadoos.

The new trump voters are the under 100 crowd, quite the pickle really.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Anecdotally speaking, the nevertrump  :runaway: sky is falling delusionatards are the same people walking around on some random Tuesday in april with an "I Voted" sticker proudly plastered to their stupid vest. These are the same people who were politically active (and be extension, insufferable dorks) in college.

On the other hand, the people I know that love trump have almost certainly never voted in their life, or very rarely vote.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »

The new trump voters are the under 100 crowd, quite the pickle really.

The Republicans aren't the ones setting up registration tents in the country's shittiest neighborhoods, wetwillietard.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
I probably will see more 'I voted' posts on FB next week which is getting me real excited.  You know, if I um, get on FB and stuff to see. :whistle1:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
Post your predictions pwood

I think at least +1 in the Senate.  I'm not quite sure yet on the House but I'll do some p-wood surveying and get back with you.

:impatient:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »
here's the latest on nv and fl early voting.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/the-early-voting-blog
http://steveschale.squarespace.com/blog/2018/10/31/6-days-out-florida.html

both are very consistent with close elections, as the polls have been.  interestingly, though, the nv early vote looks slightly positive for the dems and the fl early vote looks slightly positive for the pubs, which is the opposite of polls (although rosen added a good poll today).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2018, 01:01:00 PM »
Bad news for the crowd who thinks fewer should vote.

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1057611494223949824

The 2018 early vote is exceeding "*total*" 2014 vote? Ummmm....  :dubious:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »
OT, but it's kinda weird that Hillary clearly lost because of husbands voting for their wives, yet Dems are still in favor of any initiative to remove voting from the polling place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/13/like-it-or-not-studies-suggest-that-clinton-may-not-be-wrong-on-white-women-voting-like-their-husbands/

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
Early voting totals, it could have been worded better