TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Other Sports (Tiger's Back)

Having trouble with your golf game?

<< < (2/46) > >>

wetwillie:
I stuck a 52 with a full swing from about 110 to about 4 feet at Berkshire in Topeka last weekend and can’t remember feeling more satisfied with a swing in my life.   I recently started playing with a 60 degree and that thing when used properly is almost like cheat mode.

DaBigTrain:
I have superior human club speed and it results in a 75 yard slice that still ends up going 275+ yards.  What can I do that will retain my club speed but also gain in my drive distance?

gatoveintisiete:

--- Quote from: wetwillie on July 27, 2018, 09:45:50 PM ---I stuck a 52 with a full swing from about 110 to about 4 feet at Berkshire in Topeka last weekend and can’t remember feeling more satisfied with a swing in my life.   I recently started playing with a 60 degree and that thing when used properly is almost like cheat mode.

--- End quote ---

Nice shot ww,  distance control with wedges, knowing how far you hit your clubs and specifically how far your shots carry in the air are important pieces of info.  You can find this info out by hitting on a track man.  Once you know your numbers and how to adjust for wind and slope shots like that one will become more frequent.

gatoveintisiete:

--- Quote from: Cat from DC on July 27, 2018, 09:50:57 PM ---I have superior human club speed and it results in a 75 yard slice that still ends up going 275+ yards.  What can I do that will retain my club speed but also gain in my drive distance?

--- End quote ---

You have to square the club earlier.  If the ball is at 12:00 and your feet connect 9:00 and 3:00, when your hands are over your right thigh in the downswing the shaft should point to about 1:30 or 2:00 with the clubface square to the arc (not the target line).  Try this and let me know what happens, if you get this right I anticipate 310 with no wind.

Bonus- think of it this way your body is rotating in the golf swing and so is your clubface, if your body rotates faster than your clubface you get a slice, if the clubface rotates faster than your body you get a hook, if they are matched you get a shot that flies straight  to your swing path

gatoveintisiete:

--- Quote from: steve dave on July 27, 2018, 09:27:15 PM ---I used to golf a lot and was really good and now never do. But when I do I’m still kinda good. Like riding a bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

If you are shooting 65’s I can’t help you, otherwise what’s troubling you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version