Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 107744 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
The proceeds from each glass of lemonade will help fund many of the out-of-pocket costs each trip will incur, including lodging, travel and more.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The proceeds from each glass of lemonade will help fund many of the out-of-pocket costs each trip will incur, including lodging, travel and more.

And?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

And?

I don't see anything showing that her medical services aren't covered by insurance and/or hospital financial assistance to where the family will have to pay anything toward them.  Nothing I see where they're asking for money talks about needing it to have the surgeries.  It's been certain she's having them performed by the best who can do the procedure. 

I don't think any medical insurance or program, private or public, covers supplemental costs like travel from Alabama to Boston.  As to the lodging, I know that's the purpose of Ronald McDonald Houses and I see there is one right there that works with the Boston Children's Hospital. 

And that may well be what they're doing.  Now that I look at the fundraiser page, I see it's for these costs to keep things going as they were while away:

As with any medical journey, the overwhelming additional expenses, time away from work, and additional resources needed to keep up with things at home is already piling up. The next year will require a tremendous commitment of our family, our business, and anyone who is willing to join in this journey with us. As a single mom to two amazing gifts from God, it is taking a village to care for Liza, my 3 year old little boy, Finnley, our puppy Millie, and our home.

This is the stuff that supplemental insurance like you see in the aflac ads covers.

From a fundraising perspective, it certainly is smart to let it be framed as selling lemonade to pay for the brain surgeries.  But this isn't the smoking gun as to american healthcare and insurance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

And?

I don't see anything showing that her medical services aren't covered by insurance and/or hospital financial assistance to where the family will have to pay anything toward them.  Nothing I see where they're asking for money talks about needing it to have the surgeries.  It's been certain she's having them performed by the best who can do the procedure. 

I don't think any medical insurance or program, private or public, covers supplemental costs like travel from Alabama to Boston.  As to the lodging, I know that's the purpose of Ronald McDonald Houses and I see there is one right there that works with the Boston Children's Hospital. 

And that may well be what they're doing.  Now that I look at the fundraiser page, I see it's for these costs to keep things going as they were while away:

As with any medical journey, the overwhelming additional expenses, time away from work, and additional resources needed to keep up with things at home is already piling up. The next year will require a tremendous commitment of our family, our business, and anyone who is willing to join in this journey with us. As a single mom to two amazing gifts from God, it is taking a village to care for Liza, my 3 year old little boy, Finnley, our puppy Millie, and our home.

This is the stuff that supplemental insurance like you see in the aflac ads covers.

From a fundraising perspective, it certainly is smart to let it be framed as selling lemonade to pay for the brain surgeries.  But this isn't the smoking gun as to american healthcare and insurance.

Yeah, given this info, the video definitely misframed the situation.

The video said the money would help with medical expenses. Nevertheless, travel expenses, incurred for non elective procedures, should be covered by insurance as well, especially for children. Finding a dog sitter, obviously shouldn't be included. The $300,000 is way more than enough to cover travel expenses. I wonder, as a small business owner, what type of insurance this woman has.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gosh, who could have possibly seen this coming?

Sadly, we have a board full of enablers of the enablers of the worst people on the planet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-mexico-exclusive/exclusive-migrant-president-biden-stirs-mexican-angst-over-boom-time-for-gangs-idUSKBN2B21D8

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
4,000 kids now in cages with the border non crisis. 

Most apprehensions at the border during a February since 2006. 

Great news if you’re a lunatic like most people on here I suppose. 

The smugglers, traffickers and cartels thank you and IPOTUS Joe for your enablement.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
4,000 kids now in cages with the border non crisis. 

Most apprehensions at the border during a February since 2006. 

Great news if you’re a lunatic like most people on here I suppose. 

The smugglers, traffickers and cartels thank you and IPOTUS Joe for your enablement.

Dax you promised me open borders and now I am to learn that we are apprehending people

SAD

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
An avalanche of tap outs

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
so we do in fact have a secure border?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Animals can’t even cross the border anymore so I’d say that crap is on lock
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lick, who is being sent back?

I’ve seen no indication that IPOTUS Joe is back in the ‘you can’t just cross a River’ camp that dominated Joe’s stint the first time around.  Spearheaded by Barack, Chuck and Nancy. 

When I see Joe on stage in Arizona and the earpiece tells him to point at the border and say ‘the road ends here’ just like his former boss did, then you’ll have a point.

It’s just sad that AOC is such a hyper partisan that we’re not going to get a white party fake photo op in front of a parking lot. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Welp, looks like it’s time for an update on the white party outfits and off to the border for a photo op for AOC.  (Work on dramatic pained looks in mirror).

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1370583705039818757?s=21

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Joe you slick son of a bitch

Laid a trap at the southern border and our enemies walked right into it.

Brilliant

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2017-2021 Lick completely melted down

2009-2017 Lick completely ignored it

2021  Lick thinks it's a big joke

1000% On Brand

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's possible that he's correct, but more likely that he's completely fabricated the story.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
It's entirely possible he is factually correct that this has occurred, I eyerolled because I doubt the scope necessitates it to be highlighted as scary and foreboding crisis rather than a one off event. Ymmv

It's possible that he's correct, but more likely that he's completely fabricated the story.

This kind of stuff is the most high grade, 150 proof MAGA-nip on the market. Roger Marshall is posting the same kind of vids to get KS 'pubs horned up to send him $$$$.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It was debunked by the state department when Trump said it 2 years ago. Conservative legislators know they can just absolutely lie and there will be no repercussions because their constituency, for the most part, care more about culture wars and fear of the other, than the actual truth.

Those of us not interested in racism and are familiar with the northern border have rightly been much more alert to this happening at the northern border, where for most of that border you can just walk in without any fear of resistance at all.

The libertarian CATO Institute said that from 1975 through 2017, seven people who entered the U.S. illegally from “special interest” countries — states tied at least loosely to terrorism — were convicted of planning attacks on U.S. soil. None crossed from Mexico. They came from Canada or jumped ship in U.S. ports, and all before special interest countries were classified as such. The plots were foiled and no one was hurt.

The only known terrorists who crossed illegally from Mexico in those decades were three ethnic Albanians from Macedonia who came as children with their parents in 1984 and, in their 20s, were arrested in the foiled plot to attack the Fort Dix, New Jersey, Army base in 2007, the CATO study found. They were not from a special-interest country.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ooh it's been a while since I've seen a good discarded prayer rugs reference.  Time to fire up the classic hits.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I do have to agree, over the last 20 years surveillance nation has been wholly re-targeted at American citizens.

Nothing says brilliance like spending over a trillion dollars a year on the military-intelligence-domestic law enforcement complex while having an out-of-control (soon to be former) national border.

Great work guys.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can also assure you that any parties from states of interest, intent on entering the U.S. through a porous border are likely to be extremely untrained, using the most obvious and simplistic of methods and undoubtedly leaving behind ample signs of their presence/having been present.

Let us not forgot that the Mexican government doesn't even control the Northern 3rd of their nation, and arguably they don't control over half of their country.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can also assure you that any parties from states of interest, intent on entering the U.S. through a porous border are likely to be extremely untrained, using the most obvious and simplistic of methods and undoubtedly leaving behind ample signs of their presence/having been present.

Let us not forgot that the Mexican government doesn't even control the Northern 3rd of their nation, and arguably they don't control over half of their country.

When faced with facts from the state department and the cato institute, I also will ignore these things and the blame the mexicans for apparently being incapable of tracking who is coming in and out of their country despite the facts our government is and has heavily relied upon their intelligence for us to know such things.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When faced with facts from the state department and the cato institute, I also will ignore these things and the blame the mexicans for apparently being incapable of tracking who is coming in and out of their country despite the facts our government is and has heavily relied upon their intelligence for us to know such things.
LOL, so rough ridin' dumb.

That predisposes that foreigners conduct terrorist attacks in the United States with great regularity. 

In addition it’s positively LOL’able to laud the Mexican government for their so called ‘intelligence’ given the fact that so much of their state police/military are fully infiltrated by the cartels.   Their former minister of defense just got busted for helping the cartels smuggle millions of pounds of drugs.

The Federal Police has been reorganized multiple times in the last 40 years in an attempt to compartmentalize and limit cartel influence.

2 years ago the former head of the Federal Police got busted for accepting bribes from the cartels.

The cartels track migrants so they can human wave and distract US border patrols and then flood drugs across the border.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i think i've seen enough to fairly conclude that the biden admin's steps on immigration are insufficient and disappointing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."