Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106375 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh ok

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#slowcat
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have seen some lists of Biden's first EO's, but I haven't seen one explicitly stating he intends to discontinue trump's no tolerance policy of separating children at the border. @sys ?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have seen some lists of Biden's first EO's, but I haven't seen one explicitly stating he intends to discontinue trump's no tolerance policy of separating children at the border. @sys ?

He has prioritized reuniting the children who have been separated and not yet with their families. To me that's an implication that he is ending the policy, why bother reuniting the children otherwise?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Even under the policy the kids were not supposed to be permanently separated. It just happened to be the end result for like few hundred because the Trump administration didn’t give two shits about treating immigrants as human beings.

So prioritizing reunification for some families is not necessarily the same as totally killing the policy, but I have to think Biden would do that too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to be very disappointed if separation is still the policy after the first month of this presidency.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let's welcome the:

Original kid in cages(ers)

The "you just can't jump a river and expect to be a citizen"

Sorry immigrants but the path stops here (from a stage at the border in Arizona)

The under study to the Deporter in Chief

Back to the White House.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pro or anti family separation at the border Dax?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pro or anti family separation at the border Dax?

anti.

It's just a shame you didn't care about immigrants until on or about January 2016, cat

Geo-Relocation of the patriarch of the family is perfectly fine . . . as long as Democrats are doing it

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Got asylum for a couple Somalis detained at the border during Obama’s first term but sure.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

He has prioritized reuniting the children who have been separated and not yet with their families. To me that's an implication that he is ending the policy, why bother reuniting the children otherwise?

honestly, even trump was not separating families, or barely was, for the last year+, maybe close to two years now.  it's all "remain in mexico" these days.

not sure where to look for a statement, but biden's people have messaged that they will be ending that policy, but that it won't be immediate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

honestly, even trump was not separating families, or barely was, for the last year+, maybe close to two years now.  it's all "remain in mexico" these days.

not sure where to look for a statement, but biden's people have messaged that they will be ending that policy, but that it won't be immediate.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1354180457269784585

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :)

some bad news on the same front, though.  a court ruled against the 100 day deportation freeze.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1354180457269784585

this is a Good Thing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ProgLib Nation:  Standing in lockstep with their Deporter-in-Chief 2008 to 2017

ProgFascist Nation:  Aiding and abetting criminal aliens and human traffickers 2017 til present

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:)

some bad news on the same front, though.  a court ruled against the 100 day deportation freeze.

I wondered about the enforceability of this. How can one judge prevent the administration for freezing deportations. I get these are legal proceedings and a judge can enforce the deportations already in legal limbo, however they can't go out in the field and force ICE agents to arrest people, that's not how law and order works.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't think the court has to force the ice agents to keep arresting people, they love what they do.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't think the court has to force the ice agents to keep arresting people, they love what they do.

Touche, but if there is a moratorium on deportations, I'd guess that would involve a direct order from their boss, their bosses boss, and the biggest boss.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"If you're a criminal . . . you'll be deported"  President Barrack "deporter" Obama

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"If you plan to enter the U.S. illegally . . . your chances of getting caught and being sent back.   Just went up"  . . . President Barrack "deporter" Obama

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"We expect that those that cut the line.   Will not be unfairly rewarded"  President Barrack "deporter" Obama

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good looking moratorium on deportations :thumbsup:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kids headed to Obama-Biden constructed cages, iPOTUS Biden administration attempts to explain they're not really cages.

No word of a pending AOC photo op in front of an empty parking lot.