Author Topic: we are an immoral nation and i'm too comfortable and apathetic to do anything ab  (Read 106280 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Remember when the primaries started and all of Trump's stances seemed ridiculous?  Oh how quickly the GOP falls in line

In the face of political opposition that clearly has no intention of helping to fix immigration and views the issue solely through the prism of politics and political gain.

Yes, the democrats made him abuse those children.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Agree with dax, trump is a gross
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So annoying when the opposition party doesn't do whatever you want

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a difference between alternative proposals that have real merit, as opposed to just fighting everything brought to the table.   This is not hard. 

Sadly we had 8 wasted years, and thousands of detained and lost kids with no real concerns expressed by LibBot nation.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Pretty sad Trump is caving to the wills and wishes of the people.  Losing street cred on the wannabe dictator scale.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Pretty sad Trump is caving to the wills and wishes of the people.  Losing street cred on the wannabe dictator scale.
lol. This crap right here is what's wrong with you ppl.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Remember when the primaries started and all of Trump's stances seemed ridiculous?  Oh how quickly the GOP falls in line

In the face of political opposition that clearly has no intention of helping to fix immigration and views the issue solely through the prism of politics and political gain.

Yes, the democrats made him abuse those children.

This little ordeal has made trump's "primary policies" seem much more rational. Sadly, the situation on the border that's been ignored for years (bc politically inconvenient) is an unmitigated disaster largely created by incoherent policy and an absurd application of asylum.

It's also becoming clear that the democrats essentially have no policies, which makes it hard to care when they whine about everything.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a difference between alternative proposals that have real merit, as opposed to just fighting everything brought to the table.   This is not hard. 

Sadly we had 8 wasted years, and thousands of detained and lost kids with no real concerns expressed by LibBot nation.

Dax, you've been doing a good job of regurgitating the Trump talking points, but pro-tip: these two are never supposed to go side by side.  The hypocrisy is way too obvious.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I mean that you believe Mexicans should be able to cross the border

yes.

and do whatever they want without having to go through any formal immigration procedures.

no.

I’m sure you know what our country has settled on in this issue and would maybe like to see a different approach.  If enough of your fellow citizens feel the way you do perhaps the representatives you elect will change the law.  10 years ago there was an opportunity to make a change like this but it was not pursued, maybe because even though it could have been done it would have been against the will of the people and they thought better of it.

i don't think there was any opportunity to pursue meaningfully more open borders 10 years ago and i don't think there is likely to be in the near to medium-term future.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:lol: https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/editorials/jailing-families-together-is-not-immigration-reform/

Well that didn't take long. Now detaining children with their families is "a human rights violation." Cue the lawsuits in 3, 2, 1.... Again, this manufactured hysteria was never about the children, who are currently in a far better situation than when their "parents" were smuggling them north. It has always been about open borders.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I suspect sys wouldn't limit it to just Mexicans.

i wouldn't want to limit immigration to mexicans and canadians, but i do think it would make sense to build on nafta to provide for greater labor freedoms between nafta nations.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
idk the numbers but mexican immigration has slowed quite a bit. recent illegal immigration is coming from el salvador, honduras, and guatemala.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
idk the numbers but mexican immigration has slowed quite a bit. recent illegal immigration is coming from el salvador, honduras, and guatemala.

net migration from mexico is negative.  more mexicans are leaving the united states than are arriving.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So did they just paint over the Obama murals?

Each wing of the detention center in question was named after a president, with a mural. You probably got your news from a tweet that only mentioned the Trump mural. I don't know if Obama got his own wing. Maybe they painted over it for Trump, but that's just wishful thinking.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Each wing of the detention center in question was named after a president, with a mural. You probably got your news from a tweet that only mentioned the Trump mural. I don't know if Obama got his own wing. Maybe they painted over it for Trump, but that's just wishful thinking.

Which presidents had wings and murals named after them?  If Obama built it like FSD said I would assume he has one :dunno:

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Which presidents had wings and murals named after them?  If Obama built it like FSD said I would assume he has one :dunno:

Do you honestly believe these "concentration camps" did not predate trump????

Do you have any idea how long it takes the federal government to build something????

Good grief

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you honestly believe these "concentration camps" did not predate trump????

Do you have any idea how long it takes the federal government to build something????

Good grief

So you don’t have an answer, got it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
There is an Obama mural.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thank you. I just wanted an answer.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh so Obama’s is uniting and inviting and Trumps is condescending and dividing.  :thumbs:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just another reminder that getting your news by tweet from a biased journalist is not very reliable. Focusing on a Trump mural while failing to mention others is "fake news." Also, I'm pretty sure this center in question wasn't "built," but is a re-purposed former Walmart.