Author Topic: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals  (Read 35244 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2018, 04:29:35 PM »
Order of culpability:
1. Shooter - for shooting
2. Wainwright- for fleeing the scene after being pulled over and possibly contributing in the first place
3. Police - for taking a long ass time to charge the guy with what seems (especially now) to have been pretty obvious connections
4. oscar - for not cracking the case mid-season after the police investigation stalled

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
To me, pretty much every judgement about this entirely hinges on whether or not Wainright knew his buddy would shoot at the car when he pulled alongside it. I'm not comfortable with assuming either of those.

To me, he became a getaway driver immediately after the shots were fired, making him complicit.

I think it’s debatable whether immediately stopping the car in that scenario shows good or bad judgment considering the dude with a loaded gun right next to you was already pissed enough to shoot at a stranger.

Yeah, drive the guy wherever he wants to go and then turn him in to the cops. When you fail to turn him in, you are part of the crime.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2018, 05:00:54 PM »
I'm never telling a black person that they should call the police.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Amaad Wainright arrested by us marshals
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
Yeah, drive the guy wherever he wants to go and then turn him in to the cops. When you fail to turn him in, you are part of the crime.

I agree that would be the best course of action, but it’s not hard to imagine how he justified himself keeping quiet:
1. Hey, we might get away with it
2. It was only property damage
3. If he gets arrested, they’re gonna ask me to testify against him
4. He’s not gonna go to jail for life and he’ll definitely want to beat my ass when it’s over
5. Even if I turn myself in, I could easily get kicked off the team

So I agree with one of the above posters. If he was on board before the incident he deserves to be charged as an accomplice. If not, I’d probably just stick to the fleeing the scene/obstruction charge and leave it at that. Would not be surprised if he just pleaded guilty to that (maybe he has already?).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:10:26 PM by catastrophe »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »
Order of culpability:
1. Shooter - for shooting
2. Wainwright- for fleeing the scene after being pulled over and possibly contributing in the first place
3. Police - for taking a long ass time to charge the guy with what seems (especially now) to have been pretty obvious connections
4. oscar - for not cracking the case mid-season after the police investigation stalled

That's great and all but according to the law the getaway driver gets charged with the exact same crime as the person they are driving who committed the crime, so

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:13 PM »
there is absolutely no way that wainright got out of the lane he was in and pulled up next to the car that had hit the brakes in front of him without having an idea that his passenger was preparing to do something untoward.  it's simply not realistic.

maybe he thought the dude was just going to brandish the gun, or something short of actually firing into the vehicle.  but the idea that he was just peacefully continuing on with his commute, presumably not even realizing he had pulled up alongside the car that had enraged his passenger (when is a passenger road enraged while the driver is not?) and suddenly his passenger whipped out a gun is preposterous.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »
Maybe Wainright just wanted to stare them down. Or give them the finger eye to eye. Or some other chest puffing type of activity to demonstrate exactly how mad he was. People aggressively confront each other all the time without guns getting fired.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »
Maybe Wainright just wanted to stare them down. Or give them the finger eye to eye. Or some other chest puffing type of activity to demonstrate exactly how mad he was.

that sounds like something that cannot be completely dismissed as out of the realm of possibility, in theory.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »
To leading an outrage parade against someone who chose to run from the cops. Very impressive growth

he helped another man shoot a gun into an occupied vehicle, mir.

You're making a leap that the authorities, armed with more information than us, didn't make.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2018, 10:38:50 PM »
oscar should be fired for cause here, honestly. Probably Gene, too.

Did I miss a further explanation of this? It's patently ridiculous.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »
To me, pretty much every judgement about this entirely hinges on whether or not Wainright knew his buddy would shoot at the car when he pulled alongside it. I'm not comfortable with assuming either of those.

To me, he became a getaway driver immediately after the shots were fired, making him complicit.

lol what would you do if you were driving the car?

I would have driven to wherever we were going and then called the cops immediately after it was safe to do so.

I'm 42 years old with clear judgment and no record and I absolutely would not have done that. I'm sorry but there is no way he has any reason to trust the criminal justice system to do what's just. Your and sys's reactions to this is enough to know that if he didn't know that dude was going to shoot up no one was going to believe him anyway. His best bet was to just drive off. His mistake was foolishly going to Oak Park Mall, here's where me being twice his age comes into play. I would have immediately driven my black ass back to Manhattan. Everyone in the car would have been dropped off at a bus stop in KCK. If he doesn't go to the mall and keeps that car in MHK until the school year is over, he likely never gets caught.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2018, 07:27:41 AM »

I'm 42 years old with clear judgment and no record and I absolutely would not have done that. I'm sorry but there is no way he has any reason to trust the criminal justice system to do what's just. Your and sys's reactions to this is enough to know that if he didn't know that dude was going to shoot up no one was going to believe him anyway. His best bet was to just drive off. His mistake was foolishly going to Oak Park Mall, here's where me being twice his age comes into play. I would have immediately driven my black ass back to Manhattan. Everyone in the car would have been dropped off at a bus stop in KCK. If he doesn't go to the mall and keeps that car in MHK until the school year is over, he likely never gets caught.

That maybe a way not to get caught, sure, but I don't think that's the point.  He was the driver when somebody shot at another car and eluded police at 100 mph.  That's a crime and should be treated as such by both the police and K-State.  There are reasons why he might not feel safe around police, but the alternative can't be just to get away with crimes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:14:52 AM by ChiCat »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2018, 08:56:46 AM »
Sounds like according to MIR, Wainright's only real crime was being black.  :frown:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

lol what would you do if you were driving the car?

I would have driven to wherever we were going and then called the cops immediately after it was safe to do so.

For all you would know, there could be a dead toddler in the car your friend just shot into. Are you really not going to turn him in?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »
White ppl made that person shoot that gun, rage. Idiot. Not his problem. Don't let the man get you down.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
They’re lucky the car didn’t blow up in a big fireball like when you shoot them in video games.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2018, 12:24:43 PM »
Would be interested to hear from our resident lawyers and spracne if they think he will do time.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2018, 12:32:10 PM »
(Not gE-ing) If he were white, I think the odds are zero.  I still think the odds are low given how little damage was actually caused.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2018, 12:55:45 PM »
The fact we're discussing race at all in this matter is rediculous.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
We're talking about how people interact with police officers and how they are treated in the justice system.  I don't know what to tell you if you think race does not play a factor in either of those.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2018, 01:21:55 PM »
It has nothing to do with him breaking the law. Stop acting like he's the victim. Take it to the pit.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2018, 01:52:03 PM »
You're making a leap that the authorities, armed with more information than us, didn't make.

correct.  i am not a court of law, nor is the kstate men's bball program.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
It has nothing to do with him breaking the law. Stop acting like he's the victim. Take it to the pit.

I have not seen a single person ITT saying he should not be punished.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »

It could have a lot to do with him fleeing police

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2018, 03:23:02 PM »
 :lol: