Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 544767 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #7250 on: May 01, 2020, 02:58:45 PM »
Let's not let the old man get us off topic here. Biden and the DNC has painted the entire party in a hell of a corner.

Let's not let MIR misunderstand something as usual.

Asking a Democratic presidential candidate to unseal anything from their past is a fools errand, and absolutely topical.   You brought it up, FFS

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: May 01, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »
Dax, this is going to turn into another two page whataboutism distraction exercise regarding the Obama administration, and I don't want to have that conversation, he's gone.

I'm interested in discussing the parallels between this, Brett Kavanaugh, Roy Moore, Al Franken, and Donald Trump and how the democrats can and will behave completely differently. Will one of the people on this board who plan on voting for Biden just be honest about why they are going to ignore this, will we get the continued silence in hopes that it goes away, or will we get a stream of bullshit.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: May 01, 2020, 03:42:05 PM »
Biden hasn't responded by saying the woman is too ugly for him to rape, so that's already one difference.

Personally I'm just burying my head in the sand and hoping the VP is good.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: May 01, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
Will one of the people on this board who plan on voting for Biden just be honest about why they are going to ignore this

Overwhelmingly because I want him to win, but to a much lesser extent because it seems like bullshit.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: May 01, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
Will one of the people on this board who plan on voting for Biden just be honest about why they are going to ignore this

Overwhelmingly because I want him to win, but to a much lesser extent because it seems like bullshit.

Yeah, maybe so. Did you share this sentiment during the Kavanaugh confirmation? I find it fishy that her story has changed though the years. I don't find it fishy that is documented that she's told multiple people something since it supposedly happened. If nothing happened I don't know why Biden is hesitant to release all relevant records. What's he hiding?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: May 01, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »

Yeah, maybe so. Did you share this sentiment during the Kavanaugh confirmation? I find it fishy that her story has changed though the years. I don't find it fishy that is documented that she's told multiple people something since it supposedly happened. If nothing happened I don't know why Biden is hesitant to release all relevant records. What's he hiding?

I don't think I had that much of any sentiment during the Kavanaugh confirmation, but it would be consistent in that my feelings would've largely been dictated by my interest in the result.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: May 01, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »
Okay, if you want to plead ignorance or indifference to shield yourself from the pretty obvious hypocrisy, that's your right. I'd guess your lack of support for trump has more to do with him being an amoral, incapable, baboon who has created a leadership vacuum and constantly embarrasses the country, and less than the effect the trump administration has had on your life.

I don't know how you couldn't look at that 3:50 clip and not think you're voting for a version of that.

Also those of you holding out hope for his VP sound just like the religious right zombies who said the same thing when Pence was nominated. Now they are all in, trump male genitals deep in their mouths, balls resting on the chins of the religious right.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: May 01, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »
i personally find it troubling that a huge portion of the electorate favors pervy old men

i guess take it to the common ground thread?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: May 01, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
biden is definitely the lesser of the old man sexual assaulters. unreal the dems hadn't vetted this out before now. there must have been about a billion better candidates

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: May 01, 2020, 04:19:42 PM »

I believe her. I would vote for any of the Democratic candidates in an effort to defeat Trump. The Democratic nominee would have to be worse than Trump for me not to, which is pretty much impossible.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7260 on: May 01, 2020, 04:22:00 PM »
biden is definitely the lesser of the old man sexual assaulters. unreal the dems hadn't vetted this out before now. there must have been about a billion better candidates

He hasn't had multiple rape allegations but he has has multiple allegations of incidences that would get one of us, well me for sure, arrested. Also worth noting that Kavanaugh's allegations happened when he was in high school and college. Biden's allegations are strikingly similar to Al Franken and the dems were quick to cancel him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: May 01, 2020, 04:22:49 PM »
Okay, if you want to plead ignorance or indifference to shield yourself from the pretty obvious hypocrisy, that's your right. I'd guess your lack of support for trump has more to do with him being an amoral, incapable, baboon who has created a leadership vacuum and constantly embarrasses the country, and less than the effect the trump administration has had on your life.

I don't know how you couldn't look at that 3:50 clip and not think you're voting for a version of that.

Also those of you holding out hope for his VP sound just like the religious right zombies who said the same thing when Pence was nominated. Now they are all in, trump male genitals deep in their mouths, balls resting on the chins of the religious right.

You wanted honesty, and I honestly don't care about hypocrisy on this.  It's down to Trump or Biden, and I really hope that Biden wins.

But I don't think anyone could have or will beat Trump.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: May 01, 2020, 04:25:43 PM »

The VP thing isn't even remotely close to the pence thing. People want a good VP because they don't think (or want) biden to serve a full term, not as some cover to ignore the moral failings of the nominee.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: May 01, 2020, 04:37:58 PM »

You wanted honesty, and I honestly don't care about hypocrisy on this.  It's down to Trump or Biden, and I really hope that Biden wins.

But I don't think anyone could have or will beat Trump.

And I appreciate the honesty, we only believe and respect women when it's convenient for us. I wish more people were honest about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »

The VP thing isn't even remotely close to the pence thing. People want a good VP because they don't think (or want) biden to serve a full term, not as some cover to ignore the moral failings of the nominee.

The religious right thought a religious candidate would influence policy. Additionally, nobody thought trump would see election day or the first four years of his presidency. It's literally the same conversation. I won't accuse you of lying to yourself, as I think you genuinely may have forgot.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: May 01, 2020, 04:55:38 PM »
i will vote for the candidate who has the least number of rape accusations...

:sdeek:

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: May 01, 2020, 05:00:15 PM »
Let's go to pretend world and say the DNC actually has an intact soul. What are they going to do? Somehow rescind/not allow Biden to be the nominee? Then, choose Sanders or someone else?

That would obviously cost them the election for certain. And, taking the moral high ground for a certain loss won't happen (although, this one be one of the more creative ways they've found to fumble away an election).

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: May 01, 2020, 05:04:43 PM »
They are going to do to Biden what they did to Seth Rich
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: May 01, 2020, 05:19:02 PM »
If Biden dies there is a zero percent chance Bernie gets the nod. He’s gotten his ass whipped twice. The Dems have spoken loudly for a decade on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: May 01, 2020, 05:25:12 PM »
Let's go to pretend world and say the DNC actually has an intact soul. What are they going to do? Somehow rescind/not allow Biden to be the nominee? Then, choose Sanders or someone else?

That would obviously cost them the election for certain. And, taking the moral high ground for a certain loss won't happen (although, this one be one of the more creative ways they've found to fumble away an election).

I don't think it's too late for them to find a new nominee. Biden hasn't even got all of the delegates he needs to secure the nomination. Here's what I would do.

1. Force Biden out, of course we know the DNC and Tom Perez are jellyfish, so this won't happen.
2. I would reopen the process to any candidate that appeared on any ballot. Dropped out before Iowa, sorry bout it.
3. DNC would then work with every state, including ones who have had a primary or caucus. Give the state the option of letting their result stand or to redo the results based on all of the candidates they voted for being out. If a state keeps their result, Biden, or whatever other candidate who chooses to stay out just wouldn't count.
4. Set up mail in voting in every state who decides to hold a primary.
5. Since there won't be a convention anyway, do away with super delegates.
6. Plurality of votes wins the nomination.

Voilà

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: May 01, 2020, 05:27:23 PM »
If Biden dies there is a zero percent chance Bernie gets the nod. He’s gotten his ass whipped twice. The Dems have spoken loudly for a decade on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly shouldn't get preferential treatment over any other candidate that quit. We know that he won't get that from the dnc either.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: May 01, 2020, 07:34:11 PM »
It's certainly horrible to say, but you'd probably need at least 3-4 accusers for the DNC to begin to seriously consider dumping Biden.

Of course, they could have up to 15 (or whatever the hell the number is) to still hold the moral high ground vs. Trump.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: May 01, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
It's certainly horrible to say, but you'd probably need at least 3-4 accusers for the DNC to begin to seriously consider dumping Biden.

Of course, they could have up to 15 (or whatever the hell the number is) to still hold the moral high ground vs. Trump.

The amount dems on twitter practicing whataboutism on twitter is at an all-time high. #Ibelievejoe is trending and all of the hypocrites aren't discussing the accusations but either how many accusations Trump has or how Biden is reacting in comparison to trump. I guess Reade doesn't matter to the Dems.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #7273 on: May 01, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
#ibelievejoe LOL

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:21 PM »

The amount dems on twitter practicing whataboutism on twitter is at an all-time high. #Ibelievejoe is trending and all of the hypocrites aren't discussing the accusations but either how many accusations Trump has or how Biden is reacting in comparison to trump. I guess Reade doesn't matter to the Dems.

That, in a nutshell, is why so many people are disillusioned with our political system. And, it's certainly not a profound thing to say, but, it's crap like this that makes people say voting doesn't matter because both parties suck.