Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 546008 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6750 on: March 12, 2020, 09:08:11 AM »
Young voters are fool's gold.

Might not matter to Biden as much as the party if they're thinking long-term. they won't be young voters forever

Unfortunately, and I really wish it wasn't this way, but today's young progressives are tomorrow's moderate and conservative voters.

oh, eff em then

Lol. I don't mean that they don't deserve any representation. But, yeah, your representation will be limited if you don't vote. That's how it works. Obviously.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: March 12, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
It's just pragmatic for an older person heavily invested in the market to not vote for economic disruption.

will millennials be as heavily invested in the market as boomers or even gen x'ers?

Probably not.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: March 12, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
Young voters are fool's gold.

Might not matter to Biden as much as the party if they're thinking long-term. they won't be young voters forever

Unfortunately, and I really wish it wasn't this way, but today's young progressives are tomorrow's moderate and conservative voters.

oh, eff em then

Lol. I don't mean that they don't deserve any representation. But, yeah, your representation will be limited if you don't vote. That's how it works. Obviously.

"Don't boo. Vote."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: March 12, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
youngsters don't vote. that's a fact. once they become older moderates they vote. another fact. unfortunately boomer facebook conservatives vote at about a 100% turnout. 3 facts in a row. biden should try to tell bernie and his bros as nicely as possible to eff off and then also vote for him. that's a tricky thing to do.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: March 12, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
Sanders has been winning the 30-44 bracket consistently too. Seems dumb to assume that in 10 years those folks will vote like boomers did at the same age but I'll trust the republican experts

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: March 12, 2020, 09:30:41 AM »
Sanders has been winning the 30-44 bracket consistently too. Seems dumb to assume that in 10 years those folks will vote like boomers did at the same age but I'll trust the republican experts

I'm as far left as anyone here. Maybe farther. I also understand that social progress is SLOW and that the more elections Republicans win, the less progress is made.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: March 12, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
The population is moving left, just not as quickly as you and mir want. When millenials vote in boomer numbers, I doubt it will be for a Bernie type, probably more of a moderate progressive. The zoomers might finally vote in a Bernie.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: March 12, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »
The fact that young progressives become moderates who become old conservatives is absolutely a fact. And will always be a fact. But, what is progressive/moderate/conservative will change gradually, like it always has.

And I’ll vote Biden and would have voted Bernie while holding my nose if he had won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: March 12, 2020, 09:39:26 AM »
And progressives during the old zoomer era will think Bernie is an establishment cuck who isn't doing enough to get their vote

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: March 12, 2020, 09:39:46 AM »
And progressives during the old zoomer era will think Bernie is an establishment cuck who isn't doing enough to get their vote
yep

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: March 12, 2020, 09:57:45 AM »
Obama showed you can appeal to the youth without handing elections to republicans and was perceived as the progressive choice in the primary. Trump just mindfucked everyone

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: March 12, 2020, 10:38:38 AM »
It also irks me that the three candidates are members of the class "boomers who keep sticking around and won't just rough ridin' retire already" and one of them of course keeps sticking around and won't just rough ridin' drop out of the race already. rough ridin' boomers.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: March 12, 2020, 10:44:29 AM »
trump is a boomer; biden and sanders and dax are of the silent generation

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: March 12, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
Holy crap that's old.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: March 12, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »
there's also the money thing with reaching out to the Sanders supporters. Like if there's one thing political parties like is money and he raised a shitload.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: March 12, 2020, 11:18:44 AM »
The fact that young progressives become moderates who become old conservatives is absolutely a fact. And will always be a fact. But, what is progressive/moderate/conservative will change gradually, like it always has.

And I’ll vote Biden and would have voted Bernie while holding my nose if he had won.

eff YEA, a closet Bernie voter! :crossfingers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: March 12, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
Holy crap that's old.

Obama is a boomer.  These other old folks are part of the golden goat generation, otherwise known as "The Greatest Generation".  :Ugh:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: March 12, 2020, 01:13:49 PM »
Obama showed you can appeal to the youth without handing elections to republicans and was perceived as the progressive choice in the primary. Trump just mindfucked everyone

Dennis Kucinich and John Edwards are rolling over in their rough ridin' graves.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: March 12, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »

Dennis Kucinich and John Edwards are rolling over in their rough ridin' graves.

they both dropped out in January

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: March 12, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »
I think the bigger thing about the 2020 race is if Coronavirus put the Dow Jones/S&P 500 below 18K, it's reasonable to think Trump would cancel the elections "for public safety" and to be rescheduled at a future time....the Senate GOP would be in danger of losing control and go along with it...the SCOTUS realizing Trump would get another 2-3 Judges probably in a year or two
...would say it's constitutional. Election would be scheduled of course after so long of a time...that Trump gets to choose

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1238160101711720450

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: March 12, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »
Elections in the UK are weird though aren't they? Don't they just announce a date like a month in advance and go for it?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: March 12, 2020, 02:26:22 PM »
what could we even do if he did delay it tho

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: March 12, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »
what could we even do if he did delay it tho

Burn down The White House. That's about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: March 12, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »
The population is moving left, just not as quickly as you and mir want. When millenials vote in boomer numbers, I doubt it will be for a Bernie type, probably more of a moderate progressive. The zoomers might finally vote in a Bernie.

We're aware the populous is moving left, the democratic party isn't moving with them/us because they're scared, that's the point of frustration.

I'm as far left as anyone here. Maybe farther. I also understand that social progress is SLOW and that the more elections Republicans win, the less progress is made.

This is patently false. All modern history has been contrary to this point.

The Republican Party has consciously moved hard right twice in our lifetime. The Contract With America was a response to the Clinton election. The Tea Party was a response to the Obama election. The blue wave and progressives getting a voice in the house was a response to the trump election. There is no reason for you to think that a moderate democrat getting elected will do anything to appreciably push a liberal agenda. It's literally never been done since LBJ. The Democratic Party has not shown the backbone to move anywhere close to left of center in our lifetime with a presidential win.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: March 12, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »
The Republican Party has consciously moved hard right twice in our lifetime. The Contract With America was a response to the Clinton election. The Tea Party was a response to the Obama election. The blue wave and progressives getting a voice in the house was a response to the trump election. There is no reason for you to think that a moderate democrat getting elected will do anything to appreciably push a liberal agenda. It's literally never been done since LBJ. The Democratic Party has not shown the backbone to move anywhere close to left of center in our lifetime with a presidential win.

It sounds like you're saying that progress only comes in big shifts.