Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 547370 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6625 on: March 09, 2020, 05:48:34 PM »
Yeah, most of Trump's issues have more to do with him never being smart to begin with than mental degradation.
Obviously true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: March 09, 2020, 09:17:12 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: March 10, 2020, 12:12:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/status/1237174219793936384

You really think it's just Fox?  Haven't you watched any of the late night shows.  There's jokes about Biden losing his old mine on ever one of them.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: March 10, 2020, 12:14:48 AM »
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2020/3/9/21168312/bernie-bros-bernie-sanders-chapo-trap-house-dirtbag-left

I love Liz, she's dead wrong about the toxicity only being limited to Sanders supporters. He definitely has more of them, and his seem to be uniquely misogynistic, but there were an and continue to be many other candidates with supporters online who behave poorly. I had as many incidences with Warren supporters as I did Sanders supporters. Pete's people were just as tone deaf as you would think they are. Once Biden's people woke up, they acted like everyone who didn't support him was a racist. The worst incident I had on twitter was from a Kamala Harris supporter, some demented white woman who called me a sellout because I had the nerve to defend Iowa's ability to vote for persons of color.

As much as I love twitter, it's a cesspool, no candidate can control anonymous supporters.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6630 on: March 10, 2020, 12:18:36 AM »
yeah, it's bernieworld too.  and it will move (has moved) into popular discourse because there's enough oldness/difficulty speaking for it to stick.

the corruption stuff was never going to stick like it did to clinton, but this will.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: March 10, 2020, 04:23:09 AM »
yeah, it's bernieworld too.  and it will move (has moved) into popular discourse because there's enough oldness/difficulty speaking for it to stick.

the corruption stuff was never going to stick like it did to clinton, but this will.

I think you dismissing the corruption stuff is a bit optimistic.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: March 10, 2020, 07:58:32 AM »
Appreciate the updates but not necessary. We have Dax and KSUW to give us the latest talking points.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: March 10, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »

I think you dismissing the corruption stuff is a bit optimistic.

Agreed. It isn’t corruption. It’s nepotistic corruption, and Hunter’s going to be a big problem.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: March 10, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/1237386590340755456?s=21
Remember when everyone was saying that Trump would skip the debates? Might be Biden that wants to. He's most effective when he doesn't have to do anything.

Also congrats Trump on your reelection

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: March 10, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »
I don't see how Hunter is any more of a blatant case of nepotism than Jared and Ivanka are. I guess people who might vote for Biden may care more about right and wrong than people who vote for Donald, but I just don't see it making or breaking anyone.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: March 10, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »

I’m sure there will be a letter signed by “100 concerned medical professionals” about Biden’s mental state any day now....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: March 10, 2020, 10:24:10 AM »
I don't see how Hunter is any more of a blatant case of nepotism than Jared and Ivanka are. I guess people who might vote for Biden may care more about right and wrong than people who vote for Donald, but I just don't see it making or breaking anyone.

Jared and Ivanka actually seem really smart and accomplished? Whereas Hunter appears to be a total eff-up who landed a sweet gig on the board of a Ukrainian energy firm without ever once visiting the office because his daddy was Veep. What’s the similar nepotistic corruption in favor of Jared and Ivanka?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: March 10, 2020, 10:34:03 AM »

Jared and Ivanka actually seem really smart and accomplished? Whereas Hunter appears to be a total eff-up who landed a sweet gig on the board of a Ukrainian energy firm without ever once visiting the office because his daddy was Veep. What’s the similar nepotistic corruption in favor of Jared and Ivanka?

They couldn't get security clearances and they sit in on cabinet meetings.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: March 10, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1237387463246708736?s=19

Shushing the female staffer is worse than telling the gun guy he's full of crap imo

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: March 10, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »

Perfect evidence that Trump can talk about corruption with Hunter Biden and it will only suppress turnout among some segments of dems and also will serve to remind every suburban white person that it is OK to Vote for Trump because of what the Democrats are up to again.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: March 10, 2020, 10:48:43 AM »
Kdub, question:

I don't really see this happening, but say trump drops pence and selects one of the javankas for VP, would this matter to you at all?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: March 10, 2020, 10:56:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1237387463246708736?s=19

Shushing the female staffer is worse than telling the gun guy he's full of crap imo
Yeah I think the full of crap thing is more Joe interacting with the guy in a way he thinks the dude would best receive it. Shushing the female staffer is pretty :sdeek: unless you’ve seen enough Biden interactions to believe he’d have done the exact same thing if it were a guy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: March 10, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »
America recently elected the son of an ex-president to be president, and almost elected the wife of an ex-president to be president. And a big chunk of it is into the royal family scene. That’s rough ridin' crazy if anyone cares at all about perks given to the 2020 finalists and their offspring.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6645 on: March 10, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »
I like how Joe handles the MAGAs.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: March 10, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »
America recently elected the son of an ex-president to be president, and almost elected the wife of an ex-president to be president. And a big chunk of it is into the royal family scene. That’s rough ridin' crazy if anyone cares at all about perks given to the 2020 finalists and their offspring.

Excuse me, George W. Bush was a born again Texas rancher that just happened to share a last name with that CIA Northeastern WASP guy and Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate of all time!

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: March 10, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
It's really not that crazy for children to aspire to do what their parents did whether its politics, professional athletics, company ownership, military service, etc.  That one of those children within the last 100+ years was sufficiently successful and well known to get elected president like his dad doesn't strike me as odd at all.  At least no moreso than a father & son both being in like the MLB or NFL hall of fame.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: March 10, 2020, 01:24:28 PM »
It's really not that crazy for children to aspire to do what their parents did whether its politics, professional athletics, company ownership, military service, etc.  That one of those children within the last 100+ years was sufficiently successful and well known to get elected president like his dad doesn't strike me as odd at all.  At least no moreso than a father & son both being in like the MLB or NFL hall of fame.

Well at least we can agree that we live in a meritocracy and the sons, daughters, wives, husbands and in laws of our politicians just happen to be the most qualified just like the best athletes in the world.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6649 on: March 10, 2020, 01:35:41 PM »
A meritocracy would probably be way more bat crap crazy to try to put in practice than whatever it is we have now.