Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 546667 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6400 on: March 04, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »
He lost Super Tuesday to Biden because the only issue is Beat Trump. The Democratic primary is not a fine grained grad school seminar discussion.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1235307201918644224

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: March 04, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
my guess is that Biden will continue to slowly expand his delegate lead to a somewhat healthy plurality by convention time.

naw, the race is over.  biden won.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: March 04, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
He lost Super Tuesday to Biden because the only issue is Beat Trump. The Democratic primary is not a fine grained grad school seminar discussion.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1235307201918644224
Yeah we had a discussion a while back about how Bernie's movement might be a reaction to Trump but really it's the surge to the center that's the reaction to Trump

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6403 on: March 04, 2020, 04:41:07 PM »
Bernie can’t get over the fact that his positions don’t resonate with most people. Talking about it more isn’t moving that needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: March 04, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »
Bernie can’t get over the fact that his positions don’t resonate with most people. Talking about it more isn’t moving that needle.

they're growing in popularity, just not as popular as beating trump

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1235101861876662277?s=20

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: March 04, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »
clicking through on that ca poll, three things - a) it is very vague about the plan being polled and doesn't even use sanders' language. "a govt plan for all" describes the health care plan of every dem candidate that ran in 2020, b) 55-36% is not very popular considering the respondents are only people participating in a dem primary.  a party consensus view would poll much higher than that, c) the question is being asked at a time when their candidate preferences are extremely salient.  one would expect that many respondents are going to intuit the question as a proxy for their candidate choice and respond in a way that they feel aligns or justifies their choice of candidate.

didn't look at the other link.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: March 04, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »
clicking through on that ca poll, three things - a) it is very vague about the plan being polled and doesn't even use sanders' language. "a govt plan for all" describes the health care plan of every dem candidate that ran in 2020, b) 55-36% is not very popular considering the respondents are only people participating in a dem primary.  a party consensus view would poll much higher than that, c) the question is being asked at a time when their candidate preferences are extremely salient.  one would expect that many respondents are going to intuit the question as a proxy for their candidate choice and respond in a way that they feel aligns or justifies their choice of candidate.

for sure, there's also this: https://www.kff.org/slideshow/public-opinion-on-single-payer-national-health-plans-and-expanding-access-to-medicare-coverage/

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: March 04, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/maya_sen/status/1235209533162745858

Close - He's a showman:  He'll play up the Russia angle just to poke Hillary (in the ribs, c'mon!) one more time and choose Tulsi while claiming its a moderate unity dream ticket.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: March 04, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »
for sure, there's also this: https://www.kff.org/slideshow/public-opinion-on-single-payer-national-health-plans-and-expanding-access-to-medicare-coverage/

it's wild how much approval bounces around depending on the language used.  i can't imagine how exhausting it much be for a politician trying to message this crap to voters who obviously have almost no understanding of what the words they hear mean in terms of policy.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: March 04, 2020, 06:10:55 PM »

it's wild how much approval bounces around depending on the language used.  i can't imagine how exhausting it much be for a politician trying to message this crap to voters who obviously have almost no understanding of what the words they hear mean in terms of policy.

for sure. I liked Sanders describing his plan as "no premium, no deductible, no copay". whether or not you think it's realistic, it's way better messaging than "medicare for all" or Warren's wonky transition plan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: March 04, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
I wonder how medicare for all would poll if the question was: “would you support replacing all private health insurance with government provided healthcare if it meant that most people would pay higher taxes?”
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: March 04, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: March 04, 2020, 07:04:02 PM »
I wonder how medicare for all would poll if the question was: “would you support replacing all private health insurance with government provided healthcare if it meant that most people would pay higher taxes?”
That’s why you’re not in marketing.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: March 04, 2020, 07:05:53 PM »
:Keke:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: March 04, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
lmao

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »
friendship with castro ended, now obama is my best friend.

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1235202301658386433

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: March 04, 2020, 09:29:59 PM »
So cringey

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: March 04, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »
I would have never guessed that @Katpappy was a super duper uber commie lib. Kinda weird.

NO WHACKY!!!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: March 04, 2020, 10:41:06 PM »

Sys, I didn't know you are so one sided.  Could it be Beato failure in politics.  Since the polls were exist polls and since most voted for your mod hero Biden; don't they know Biden doesn't support Medicare for all.  Wants to continue Obama Care.  I see a crack in your logic.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: March 04, 2020, 10:52:07 PM »

Sys won't change his mind; even if the facts are slapping him in the face.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: March 04, 2020, 10:53:59 PM »
Hillary is on Fallon and bragging on Biden, of course.  She hates Bernie.  :shakesfist:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: March 04, 2020, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: March 04, 2020, 11:20:58 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: March 05, 2020, 12:27:21 AM »
Sys, I didn't know you are so one sided.  Could it be Beato failure in politics.  Since the polls were exist polls and since most voted for your mod hero Biden; don't they know Biden doesn't support Medicare for all.  Wants to continue Obama Care.  I see a crack in your logic.

the poll that i commented on was from california, which sanders won.  you're right that biden supporters may have tried to align their views with what they understood biden to be proposing.  that was the third point i raised.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: March 05, 2020, 08:12:05 AM »

the poll that i commented on was from california, which sanders won.  you're right that biden supporters may have tried to align their views with what they understood biden to be proposing.  that was the third point i raised.

Today is a new day and I'm seeing things in a new light.   :cheers: