Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 547230 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6100 on: March 01, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
The worst part of the Biden win tonight is the collective ass kissing of the Obama presidency. I guess it doesn't take long to blackwash his actual record, especially on the lack of advancement of cornerstone Democrat social issues. His presidency was almost identical to GWBs. His only tangible advancement was nearly completely decimated before he even left office. But black president, YAY!

Fixed the economy.
I've been hearing Biden, Steyer, and Bloomberg ads on my local rap station. The Biden one mentions Obama like 15 times but does mention Obamacare and saving the economy as well. The Biden and Bloomy ones sound pretty similar because neither one talks, they have a black announcer saying everything. I know this happens with all sorts of ads but it seems like the political ads seem most out of place. I also might notice it more because I've really only been seeing Bloomberg TV ads.

Bloomie was just on 60 Minutes, of course he had an ad that ran right before his segment started. One of the shots of him on the commercial had him standing in front of a podium that said "Mike for Black America." I can't begin to explain the burning rage I have when I see stuff like that. The entire thought process is just so frustrating. I would rather a candidate just not give a crap, like Klo and Pete. Of course the candidates that are worst about this are the candidates who have to pander (Trump, Biden, Bloomberg) because their policies are weak. You don't hear Steyer, Sanders, or Warren pulling this bullshit, because they don't have to. Sanders looks to have learned from his all lives matter gaffe four years ago.

Seriously MIR, you seem reasonably intelligent, but also in some ways hopelessly naive. If you don’t like it when politicians pander to black people, why in the holy eff’ing hell do you support any Democrat?! That is the party’s primary MO. Do you really believe that Sanders and Warren don’t do this? I suspect a quick google search would provide ample evidence to the contrary. If you want actual color-blind policies and governance, you’re in the wrong party friend. Now granted, of course Trump is pandering the crap out of black people (he may be out-pandering the Dems), but that’s because Trump is first and foremost a political opportunist and he’s gonna use every weapon he can even if it comes from the Dem playbook.

I know you're mega dumb, so I'll talk slow, in hopes you understand this.

When
you
say
things
this
you
do
the
very
thing
you're
accusing
democrats
of
doing.
I
am
smart
enough
to
read
policy
positions
and
figure
out
what's
best
for
me.
I'm
only
a
registered
democrat
day
every
years.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: March 01, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »
Must have been a nice pay day to drop out before Super Tuesday

He's out of money and didn't see a path. He didn't get paid but it's a massive Eff You to Bernie. This was also the best thing to stay in the good graces of the Democratic establishment, he's now too big for South Bend. I think he stays in if Indiana was a part of Super Tuesday, I think this is why Klo is staying. Liz still blindly sees a path, and Massachusetts, which she's going to lose, is in Super Tuesday. She'll probably benefit the most with Pete dipping. I am less bullish on Bernie with this news, I thought the longer the field was wide, the better his chances were. If Liz is remotely interested in getting a progressive to win the nomination she'll dip Wednesday morning and immediately back Bernie, she can't sit out like others who have quit. I'll be interested to see if she drops quickly, they attempted a big fundraising push this weekend.

Think he is going to get offered a cabinet spot or something decent in the admin for doing his part?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: March 01, 2020, 07:32:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1234258266936528896

i expect sanders and biden will get a greater share of buttigieg's voters than is indicated in 2nd choice polls.  from my own direct experience, you may be willing to continue supporting your first choice even when it is obvious they aren't going to win, but that doesn't mean you will choose to do the same for the candidate you like second best.

still, all three non-sanders candidates should benefit and collectively limit sanders delegate haul by a good bit.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: March 01, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/KThomasDC/status/1234299079573803010

donors are obviously much more tuned in and reactive than are voters, but i imagine you're seeing similar, although more muted, reaction among super tuesday voters.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: March 01, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
Must have been a nice pay day to drop out before Super Tuesday

He's out of money and didn't see a path. He didn't get paid but it's a massive Eff You to Bernie. This was also the best thing to stay in the good graces of the Democratic establishment, he's now too big for South Bend. I think he stays in if Indiana was a part of Super Tuesday, I think this is why Klo is staying. Liz still blindly sees a path, and Massachusetts, which she's going to lose, is in Super Tuesday. She'll probably benefit the most with Pete dipping. I am less bullish on Bernie with this news, I thought the longer the field was wide, the better his chances were. If Liz is remotely interested in getting a progressive to win the nomination she'll dip Wednesday morning and immediately back Bernie, she can't sit out like others who have quit. I'll be interested to see if she drops quickly, they attempted a big fundraising push this weekend.

Think he is going to get offered a cabinet spot or something decent in the admin for doing his part?

Of all the reasons for Pete to drop out, my guess is that he felt it improved his chances of winning the presidency down the line vs staying in this year and most likely fizzling out. Like MIR said earlier, it doesn’t make much sense for a candidate to drop out between SC and Super Tuesday. The exception to that is if they want to make a statement. My guess is this was always the plan barring some miracle in NV.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6105 on: March 01, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »
I wonder if Pete will try to remain a public figure after this. And, how so?

I'm still curious about what he'll do. Host a game show?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: March 01, 2020, 09:03:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1234262710398980096

Good. We need to get some younger voices in our government.

He’s seriously younger than Bloomberg? I’m increasingly convinced there’s just something not right with him other than being old.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:11 PM »
I wonder if Pete will try to remain a public figure after this. And, how so?

I'm still curious about what he'll do. Host a game show?

Senate seems like a popular choice.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: March 01, 2020, 09:05:01 PM »
Biden looks like a corpse.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:56 PM »
Biden looks like a corpse.

The youngest corpse in the field!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: March 01, 2020, 11:38:25 PM »
Bloomberg ran a 3 minute ad during primetime tonight about the Coronavirus. I guess it was attempt to show him making a presidential address but it was horrawful. He has the charisma of freezing fog.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9Np94AHGjx/?igshid=17l0d2a0a2xb7

My man out here just lighting money on fire. This single ad was a $2.5 million buy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:03:11 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: March 02, 2020, 12:16:34 AM »
Bloomberg should help Biden beat Trump, and use his money to take over the Knicks.  He'd be a superhero.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: March 02, 2020, 05:56:42 AM »
Bloomberg ran a 3 minute ad during primetime tonight about the Coronavirus. I guess it was attempt to show him making a presidential address but it was horrawful. He has the charisma of freezing fog.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9Np94AHGjx/?igshid=17l0d2a0a2xb7

My man out here just lighting money on fire. This single ad was a $2.5 million buy.

zomg stealing this
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: March 02, 2020, 06:33:06 AM »
Looking forward to ChiCom Joe sitting down and hammering out some good things with Deng Xiaoping. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: March 02, 2020, 06:38:16 AM »
Looking forward to ChiCom Joe sitting down and hammering out some good things with Deng Xiaoping. 

More importantly, though, WHERE'S HUNTER!?!?!?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: March 02, 2020, 07:06:48 AM »

More importantly, though, WHERE'S HUNTER!?!?!?

Assuring the Chinese that their billions of dollars are in good hands with him and his firm.   

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: March 02, 2020, 08:30:19 AM »
These pieces make Bernie fan bois lose their minds with rage

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/1234485803499360257

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »
MIR - I’m not going to keep the quote-chain going, but I just wanted to respond that you’re about halfway toward becoming a conservative. You’ve already recognized the Dem party for the racist pandering patronizing frauds they are. I predict within the next 5 years you’ll come to realize that the “policies” advanced by the Dems aren’t really in your best interest, either. No thinking person sticks with the party of Tammany Hall forever. Welcome in advance, brother.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6118 on: March 02, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
You think because someone’s not a Democrat that makes them a conservative?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:16 AM »
You think because someone’s not a Democrat that makes them a conservative?

I think KSU should consult SD and Limestone about his logic(nonsense).
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: March 02, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Republicans are the party of color-blind policies - lol talk about naive, good grief dub
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
MIR - I’m not going to keep the quote-chain going, but I just wanted to respond that you’re about halfway toward becoming a conservative. You’ve already recognized the Dem party for the racist pandering patronizing frauds they are. I predict within the next 5 years you’ll come to realize that the “policies” advanced by the Dems aren’t really in your best interest, either. No thinking person sticks with the party of Tammany Hall forever. Welcome in advance, brother.
This might be the dumbest conclusion ever.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »
I like that dub is choosing right now to pitch the GOP

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
neither party is color blind.  It is upon the voter to decide which one is pandering to them less with the assumption both are looking to take advantage of your demographics to convince you that said party is the party that best represents you.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: March 02, 2020, 11:15:24 AM »
Dub, pay no mind, these RUIN's belong to a party that considers it extremely racist to question any (D, and only D) politician of color on policy and political belief.