Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 545720 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6075 on: March 01, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »
The worst part of the Biden win tonight is the collective ass kissing of the Obama presidency. I guess it doesn't take long to blackwash his actual record, especially on the lack of advancement of cornerstone Democrat social issues. His presidency was almost identical to GWBs. His only tangible advancement was nearly completely decimated before he even left office. But black president, YAY!

Fixed the economy.
I've been hearing Biden, Steyer, and Bloomberg ads on my local rap station. The Biden one mentions Obama like 15 times but does mention Obamacare and saving the economy as well. The Biden and Bloomy ones sound pretty similar because neither one talks, they have a black announcer saying everything. I know this happens with all sorts of ads but it seems like the political ads seem most out of place. I also might notice it more because I've really only been seeing Bloomberg TV ads.

Steyer just dropped out. Add him to the list of richies that should throw their support behind Biden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He should have thrown his money on Senate races.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: March 01, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »
Must have been a nice pay day to drop out before Super Tuesday
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: March 01, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »
I will miss him.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: March 01, 2020, 05:32:07 PM »
Boooooo! Are we sure about this? Are there any wine caves in South Bend?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: March 01, 2020, 05:43:54 PM »
Warren needs to drop out and endorse Bernie. But it looks like she isn’t.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: March 01, 2020, 05:44:20 PM »
I think as long as Warren and Bloomberg stay in, Super Tuesday should still be a huge mess. Right? :nervous:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: March 01, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »
i've been a huge critic, obviously, but respect buttigieg's decision here.  it was the obvious move, and he should be well rewarded if biden wins, but still not an easy thing to do.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: March 01, 2020, 05:58:50 PM »
I think as long as Warren and Bloomberg stay in, Super Tuesday should still be a huge mess. Right? :nervous:

It is a two-person race between Bernie and Biden. Not sure what you think about that.  Bernie will win the most delegates Tuesday, but if he loses Texas and Biden sweeps the South, it is going to be a slog and Biden will likely win a war of attrition with the backing of the entire establishment. That is probably the best you can hope for.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: March 01, 2020, 06:00:15 PM »
Say it ain't so, Pete!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: March 01, 2020, 06:08:04 PM »

It is a two-person race between Bernie and Biden. Not sure what you think about that.  Bernie will win the most delegates Tuesday, but if he loses Texas and Biden sweeps the South, it is going to be a slog and Biden will likely win a war of attrition with the backing of the entire establishment. That is probably the best you can hope for.

Ok - so does that mean a lot of enraged Bernie Bros voting 3P, and libs spending billions more on a primary season? This sounds appealing.

Do you think Liz will give her concession speech Tuesday night? I’m planning a watch party and trying to figure out how late into the night we might be going here.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: March 01, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: March 01, 2020, 06:44:46 PM »
The worst part of the Biden win tonight is the collective ass kissing of the Obama presidency. I guess it doesn't take long to blackwash his actual record, especially on the lack of advancement of cornerstone Democrat social issues. His presidency was almost identical to GWBs. His only tangible advancement was nearly completely decimated before he even left office. But black president, YAY!

Fixed the economy.
I've been hearing Biden, Steyer, and Bloomberg ads on my local rap station. The Biden one mentions Obama like 15 times but does mention Obamacare and saving the economy as well. The Biden and Bloomy ones sound pretty similar because neither one talks, they have a black announcer saying everything. I know this happens with all sorts of ads but it seems like the political ads seem most out of place. I also might notice it more because I've really only been seeing Bloomberg TV ads.

Bloomie was just on 60 Minutes, of course he had an ad that ran right before his segment started. One of the shots of him on the commercial had him standing in front of a podium that said "Mike for Black America." I can't begin to explain the burning rage I have when I see stuff like that. The entire thought process is just so frustrating. I would rather a candidate just not give a crap, like Klo and Pete. Of course the candidates that are worst about this are the candidates who have to pander (Trump, Biden, Bloomberg) because their policies are weak. You don't hear Steyer, Sanders, or Warren pulling this bullshit, because they don't have to. Sanders looks to have learned from his all lives matter gaffe four years ago.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:10 PM »
Good decision Pete. Throw in with old AF Diamond Joe.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: March 01, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1234182970073894913

this would be a dream come true for biden and would imply a substantial bounce from south carolina.  i think it is still more likely that we'll get something more like a 300 delegate lead for sanders after super tuesday.

so much of it is dependent on how soft bloomberg's support is and if three days is enough time for pragmatic voters to realize that voting for bloomberg helps sanders.

I 100% agree with you, sys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: March 01, 2020, 06:52:32 PM »
Must have been a nice pay day to drop out before Super Tuesday

He's out of money and didn't see a path. He didn't get paid but it's a massive Eff You to Bernie. This was also the best thing to stay in the good graces of the Democratic establishment, he's now too big for South Bend. I think he stays in if Indiana was a part of Super Tuesday, I think this is why Klo is staying. Liz still blindly sees a path, and Massachusetts, which she's going to lose, is in Super Tuesday. She'll probably benefit the most with Pete dipping. I am less bullish on Bernie with this news, I thought the longer the field was wide, the better his chances were. If Liz is remotely interested in getting a progressive to win the nomination she'll dip Wednesday morning and immediately back Bernie, she can't sit out like others who have quit. I'll be interested to see if she drops quickly, they attempted a big fundraising push this weekend.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »
What kind of people prefer Biden to Pete, good grief.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »
What kind of people prefer Biden to Pete, good grief.

Olds and black people in red states

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: March 01, 2020, 06:58:43 PM »
why do crats give a crap which crat wins a red state, seems like results that should be thrown out of the equation in preference of who does well in swing states
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: March 01, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »

Fixed the economy.

Bloomie was just on 60 Minutes, of course he had an ad that ran right before his segment started. One of the shots of him on the commercial had him standing in front of a podium that said "Mike for Black America." I can't begin to explain the burning rage I have when I see stuff like that. The entire thought process is just so frustrating. I would rather a candidate just not give a crap, like Klo and Pete. Of course the candidates that are worst about this are the candidates who have to pander (Trump, Biden, Bloomberg) because their policies are weak. You don't hear Steyer, Sanders, or Warren pulling this bullshit, because they don't have to. Sanders looks to have learned from his all lives matter gaffe four years ago.

Seriously MIR, you seem reasonably intelligent, but also in some ways hopelessly naive. If you don’t like it when politicians pander to black people, why in the holy eff’ing hell do you support any Democrat?! That is the party’s primary MO. Do you really believe that Sanders and Warren don’t do this? I suspect a quick google search would provide ample evidence to the contrary. If you want actual color-blind policies and governance, you’re in the wrong party friend. Now granted, of course Trump is pandering the crap out of black people (he may be out-pandering the Dems), but that’s because Trump is first and foremost a political opportunist and he’s gonna use every weapon he can even if it comes from the Dem playbook. But conservativism is color blind. The essence of progressivism is lumping people into victim groups.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:56:40 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: March 01, 2020, 07:11:14 PM »
why do crats give a crap which crat wins a red state, seems like results that should be thrown out of the equation in preference of who does well in swing states

This could be said for both parties. It’s such a stupid way to pick the strongest nominee.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: March 01, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

:ck: You have to make people feel like their vote counts the same, as stupid as that logic is