Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534876 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4475 on: January 17, 2020, 04:44:00 PM »
That’s true but probably also true for any of them but Yang or Steyer.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: January 17, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »
I feel like the best thing about Biden other than his zesty moderate flavors is that he'll surround himself with actual smart people who can make decisions for his old ass. like, the opposite of trump (same oldness, opposite advisor strategy).

He also seems to have a pretty decent (at least debate) strategy vs Sanders of generally deflecting potential divisiveness that could arise from philosophical differences. He’s generally complimentary of Sanders while acknowledging their differences. He and his campaign seem smart enough to know that the group of voters who typically voted blue in the past and either failed to show out for Hillary or flat out voted for Trump are not to be alienated but brought back into the fold.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: January 17, 2020, 05:00:10 PM »
I feel like the best thing about Biden other than his zesty moderate flavors is that he'll surround himself with actual smart people who can make decisions for his old ass. like, the opposite of trump (same oldness, opposite advisor strategy).

yeah, he'll be fine.  and hopefully bow out after one term.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: January 17, 2020, 07:52:54 PM »
I mean, at least Biden will be entertaining as the nominee.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1218183029874667521

Biden is the only nominee that Trump will debate and that debate will be wild. It will join Lincoln/Douglas and Kennedy/Nixon in the history books.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: January 17, 2020, 07:53:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1218292242634375168

That's a nightmare for not only Trump but other down ballot Republicans.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: January 17, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
I was just thinking that if 75% of the electorate turns out for this election and elects Trump then I will finally have to admit he’s MY PRESIDENT.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: January 18, 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
My guy should just go independent

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: January 19, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
 :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 19, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 19, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »
Lololol

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 19, 2020, 10:39:35 PM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 19, 2020, 11:08:18 PM »
Pandering clown

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 19, 2020, 11:14:44 PM »
he can't win, but he's also not really even trying to.

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1218288558672424960

This is a bullshit criticism. There is another forum here in Des Moines at almost the same time, the Brown & Black Forum that he and tiny baby Klo was supposed to attend. He was going to attend another event in South Bend but he was bullied into flying across the country for a 10 minute speech.

We've lost our damn minds.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 19, 2020, 11:43:38 PM »
This is a bullshit criticism. There is another forum here in Des Moines at almost the same time, the Brown & Black Forum that he and tiny baby Klo was supposed to attend. He was going to attend another event in South Bend but he was bullied into flying across the country for a 10 minute speech.

all the other candidates but buttigieg and klobuchar were planning on attending both events in both states.  it wasn't about choosing one or the other.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 19, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »
I'm really pissed off about that Epstein tweet. It was a cheap trick by a media outlet who said they won't provide negative coverage one of the candidates. There are a ton of replies to that tweet, all of them seemingly unaware that both of them will be attending a forum, literally that same morning, where they will be speaking to people of color about issues we find important. When you look up lie of omission, this will appear there as a great example. Also worth noting that Michael Bloomberg is not appearing at either event.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 19, 2020, 11:55:02 PM »

all the other candidates but buttigieg and klobuchar were planning on attending both events in both states.  it wasn't about choosing one or the other.

Pete didn't initially commit because he was scheduled to do a MLK event in South Bend that morning and Klo didn't because she's scheduled to be first here in Iowa 2 hours and 45 minutes after the speeches in South Carolina begin. All of these candidates are literally flying their own jets 1000 miles each because they don't want to be seen as racially insensitive by people like Bakari Sellers who act as if South Carolina is the only place to speak to black people.

We've prioritized pandering over substance, it's rough ridin' maddening.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 19, 2020, 11:58:05 PM »
iowa should reschedule their event if it's so difficult for klobuchar.  if i lived in south carolina, i would take skipping the event in exactly the fashion sellers did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 20, 2020, 02:00:42 AM »
iowa should reschedule their event if it's so difficult for klobuchar.  if i lived in south carolina, i would take skipping the event in exactly the fashion sellers did.

Why should they do that? The event in Iowa is older, was scheduled first, is nationally televised, and is an actual forum, that is an expansive question and answer format. If you behaved like Sellers did I'd also call you a dishonest dirtbag using race to bully people into attending an event they had no intent or purpose to actually attend. Frankly you, sys, are speaking from a place of ignorance here that Sellers is not working from, I'd be willing to give you latitude if you're willing to acknowledge that you didn't have all of the information.

Sellers and the SCAACP knew full well the existence of the B & B Forum when the King Day at the Dome event was scheduled, the B & B Forum has long been the premier event geared towards voters of color, since 1984. The issue is that the forum usually takes place at night but they moved it to the day this year because of, at the time, the projected large field of candidates. Television needed the forum in 3 hours or less so it was designed to be streamed live in the day and shown edited on television later in the evening. Again Sellers knew of this when he made the tweet, he was disappointed on the turnout of the SC event and that was the nexus of the event. His bullshit about speaking to southern black voters is, just that. His event isn't televised, and the speeches are short.

https://twitter.com/bandbforum/status/1219101444520869888

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 20, 2020, 03:35:37 AM »
everything about early state primary/caucus traditions is older in iowa, because iowa being important was a thing before any other state being early became a thing.  iowa already gets by far the most attention from candidates, and aside from the black and brown forum, iowa also has, off the top of my head, the state convention, the state fair (an entire rough ridin' week), the steak fry and the dinner thing you went to as events that are considered mandatory for candidate attendance.  aside from tomorrow, sc has just two, the fish fry and the state convention.

it is logical that south carolina try to ensure the candidates pay a little more attention to them and entirely fitting that they ask candidates to spend mlk day in the early state with a sizeable black population.  so yeah, sorry iowa, if you can't figure out a way to schedule that permits candidates to attend both events, candidates absolutely should prioritize sc and sc voters should take note of any candidates that don't.

and the idea that iowa wouldn't alter the schedule because they wanted time to edit the thing for tv is frankly insulting on it's own.

as far as my ignorance goes, i didn't know about the tighter turn around for klobuchar compared to the other candidates and that's at least a better excuse than buttigieg's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 20, 2020, 03:43:19 PM »
These are two different arguments. I feel as if you are saying that South Carolina should want their event to supersede the Iowa events, basically don't just allow Iowa to have a year and a half unchecked. That's completely fine, but that's not what Sellers and that hypocritical lady from Bloomberg were doing. They were both insinuating, by excluding what was actually happening, that Pete and Klobuchar were avoiding speaking to black voters, when in actuality they were choosing to do that somewhere else. If it were the Brown & Black Forum that they choose to miss and that Bloomberg reporter made the same tweet, I'd take the same exception. I was happy to be a part of the forum, but if a candidate decided to do something else, I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Also it wasn't the family that moved the forum time, it was Vice Network that wanted it moved so that they didn't have to show potentially 5 hours of programming. The family preferred that none of this was an issue and the forum was at night like it always is. Worth noting that the people putting on either event took exception to who didn't attend, it was other people, with an agenda to push.

The Brown & Black Forum isn't a partisan organization, and have invited Republicans as long as it's been an event and they haven't called them out for not participating since 1992.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 20, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »
really interesting thread on candidates & gender.

https://twitter.com/cmMcConnaughy/status/1219227275071315969