Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 535276 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3100 on: October 07, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
Didn’t warren raise 24?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: October 07, 2019, 05:39:22 PM »
Also how does buttigieg keep fundraising so much? Aren’t all of his donors maxed already?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 07, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: October 07, 2019, 05:44:44 PM »
Also how does buttigieg keep fundraising so much? Aren’t all of his donors maxed already?

he and biden are the only ones of those i listed whose fundraising went down (harris i think went down if you remove rounding, and also probably her q3 total was frontloaded, but regardless), so he may have has some donors maxed out to partially explain his numbers.  i haven't looked at any of the numbers he released to see if it looks like the % from max donors is down or anything, though.

he actually has a really good small donor list though, it's not all big donors.  without trying to overly rely on stereotypes, i think it helps that a significant fraction of his supporters have a lot of disposable income.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 07, 2019, 05:47:08 PM »

he and biden are the only ones of those i listed whose fundraising went down (harris i think went down if you remove rounding, and also probably her q3 total was frontloaded, but regardless), so he may have has some donors maxed out to partially explain his numbers.  i haven't looked at any of the numbers he released to see if it looks like the % from max donors is down or anything, though.

he actually has a really good small donor list though, it's not all big donors.  without trying to overly rely on stereotypes, i think it helps that a significant fraction of his supporters have a lot of disposable income.

The gays love him! And why shouldn’t they? After being forced to act like Hillary Clinton was some sort of gay icon they should at least get someone who plays for the home team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: October 07, 2019, 08:27:12 PM »

The gays love him! And why shouldn’t they? After being forced to act like Hillary Clinton was some sort of gay icon they should at least get someone who plays for the home team.

I still contest that he's going to do much better here than he is polling

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: October 07, 2019, 09:16:22 PM »
I am starting to be concerned that the D's might not have anybody left for Trump to mop the floor with at the rate they are eliminating themselves  :surprised:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: October 08, 2019, 01:00:48 PM »
Roflmao, is there a bigger Hillary stan on this blog than daxycat78?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: October 08, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
"don't tempt me" Hillary Clinton

Utterly Disenfranchised LibBot 1.0 is going to flip his crap if she decides to run.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3112 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: October 08, 2019, 08:51:49 PM »
Oh look, I posted and Chin shows up.  (with a really whack job referential GIF)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: October 08, 2019, 10:00:00 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: October 08, 2019, 11:35:49 PM »
She’s such a cop

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: October 09, 2019, 08:11:45 AM »
I think she's great. I don't like kids, either.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: October 09, 2019, 10:04:26 AM »
The vast array of problems that affect lower to middle income families due to huge increases in the prices of health care, education, and housing that happened at the same time there was a break in the link between worker productivity and wages aren't going to go away for $1,000/month.

You should really look in to what relative and absolute mean and then go back to the drawing board, because your thinking here is shoddy. The poor are hit harder by consumption taxes (especially in a state like Kansas that taxes groceries) because the poor have much less discretionary spending. Their consumption spending is to live and all taxes on that basic survival consumption squeezes them much more REALTIVELY than a guy deciding whether to add the Bose surround sound option on his new truck. Your bullshit about how the VAT will affect rich more on an "absolute basis" (because they consume more) and benefit the poor more on a relative basis (because they are desparate? lol!) gave me a heads up that you were absolutely the kind of person for whom this scheme is designed to impress.

The Freedom Benefit will absolutely have an impact on housing without any push for supply side interventions. Landlords will literally go rent-seeking in this environment. Look at BAH rate setting in communities surrounding military bases and see what happens to rents for both military and civilian. Without major interventions to increase the supply of housing, this problem will worsen.

As for your ideas about privatizing Social Security, I rest my case. The whole idea is simply a stalking horse for cutting all other benefits and just claiming that it is a UBI, which it isn't.

They might not go away for $1000/month, but it is certainly a start.  There are lots of issues to solve with healthcare, but the Freedom Dividend doesn't preclude any of them.  Housing issues are largely a local thing.  Not everywhere in the country is having problems with housing.  It is largely a zoning and NIMBY problem in select areas.  As far as education goes, there is far too much higher education (college) that is being undertaken in this country.  It is a drain on our economy and people's lives.  I would recommend reading The Case Against Education.

I'll try and break it down with numbers so that you can see how a VAT with the Freedom Dividend (basically a per capita rebate) would make low income households better off.  I am quite confident I understand relative and absolute.  The only confusion is not on my part and it has nothing to do with being desperate.

Let's say there is a household of two parents and two children whose household income is $25,000 and they spend 100% of their income.  With a 10% VAT this means $2500 of their spending will be for the VAT and their burden for the VAT is 10% of income.

Let's say there is another household (two parents and two children) with an income of $800,000 and they spend 60% of their income.  With a VAT of 10% this means $48,000 of their spending will be for the VAT and their burden for the VAT is 6% of their income.

For the tax part, the lower income household is paying a higher relative share of their income (10% vs 6%), but the higher income household is paying a higher absolute amount ($48,000 vs $2500).

Then comes the per capita rebate part (Freedom Dividend).  Each household receives $24,000 from the Freedom Dividend ($12,000 per adult).  Each household is receiving the same absolute amount for the Freedom Dividend ($24,000 vs $24,000).  However, the $24,000 represents 96% of the lower income household's income and 3% of the higher income household's income.  The lower income household is better off on a relative basis (96% vs 3%).

I will admit that the Freedom Dividend is designed to appeal to people like me (PhDs in Economics) and perhaps not you.

You're going to have to describe more about BAH rate setting and communities that surround bases.  I looked for journal articles on this and could not find any.  I can imagine that when you have an influx of people come to a military base, that is going to increase demand and cause rents to go up.  Eventually, the housing supply will increase, though, and moderate rents if markets are allowed to function.  Look at Manhattan, KS, for example, rents are stable (and decreasing in some cases) now that there has been a large increase in the supply of housing.

I personally don't think trying to figure out ways to make the wealth redistribution that occurs in this country more efficient and less-stigmatizing to be a bad thing.  Also, I believe looking at ways to keep Social Security viable for the next 30 years is a good thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: October 09, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »
Bernie Bros = Trump Supporters exactly

https://twitter.com/kylekulinski/status/1181947053271855104

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: October 09, 2019, 04:44:48 PM »
CNN isn't using incandescent lighting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: October 09, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
Bernie Bros = Trump Supporters exactly

https://twitter.com/kylekulinski/status/1181947053271855104

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, don't get me started, I lost my crap over the weekend with one of these massive dipshits claiming media bias with clips of opinion givers giving options about Bernie, the fuckhead even had Republicans within the clip

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
:adios:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you