Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 544638 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4576 on: January 24, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
Please post in the libs losing their minds thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: January 24, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

That's about Trump, if we were just to have a libs losing their mind thread, we'll need a new data center.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: January 24, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »
Joe Rogan is probably the biggest endorsement of the entire election season. You can think he is "problematic" but if you can't comprehend how big a deal it is, and want to run the Hillary 2016 playbook, go right ahead and lose.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: January 24, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
It's pretty eyerolly, just because he isn't sold on male to female transition'rs competing in girl's and women's sports doesn't make him transphobic. The rest of the accusations against him are eyerolly too, Rogan is about as live and let live as they come and a giant in media right now.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: January 24, 2020, 03:14:16 PM »

That's about Trump, if we were just to have a libs losing their mind thread, we'll need a new data center.

thank you dax

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: January 24, 2020, 03:16:29 PM »
It's pretty eyerolly, just because he isn't sold on male to female transition'rs competing in girl's and women's sports doesn't make him transphobic. The rest of the accusations against him are eyerolly too, Rogan is about as live and let live as they come and a giant in media right now.

Which is why people like the tweeters Dax posted can’t stand him imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: January 24, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »

eh the giving platform to nazis and nazi adjacent folks is pretty shitty too

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: January 24, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »
I don't know of any nazi's he's had on, I suspect this is in reference to Alex jones or milo or that incel whisperer guy IDW types. Personally, I don't care if he interviews people with extreme opinions, generally the sunlight exposes to people how stupid the opinion is.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: January 24, 2020, 04:09:06 PM »
I remember when he hosted Fear Factor and Penn & Teller were on the show. Each time a contestant was eliminated, Rogan said they had to take the walk of shame. P&T made it through to the next round. As all the remaining contestants exited to go to the next round, Penn said, "ooh! We're taking the walk of shame," because they were leaving the same way that the eliminated contestants did. Rogan was like, "no!! It's not the walk of shame!!!" But you know what, guys. Penn was right! It was the walk of shame! And the next time I heard of Joe Rogan, he had some major podcast.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: January 24, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
Joe Rogan is probably the biggest endorsement of the entire election season. You can think he is "problematic" but if you can't comprehend how big a deal it is, and want to run the Hillary 2016 playbook, go right ahead and lose.

I kinda agree but I kinda don't. Getting the endorsement is fine, pandering for it, if that's what happened, is not. This will discourage so few Bernie voters that it barely merits discussion, but it I wouldn't roundly dismiss the people who are waffling between Sanders and Warren that this will turn off. Ultimately this has no bearing on beating Trump. Turning out Democrat voters who didn't vote for Hillary and swinging some moderates will be the key. The number of people who will vote for Bernie because Joe Rogan told them to can fit in the Waters lecture hall.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: January 24, 2020, 04:13:25 PM »
I don't know of any nazi's he's had on, I suspect this is in reference to Alex jones or milo or that incel whisperer guy IDW types. Personally, I don't care if he interviews people with extreme opinions, generally the sunlight exposes to people how stupid the opinion is.

gavin mcginnes in the eli valley tweet too. I haven't listened or watched the others, but he wasn't exactly grilling Mcginnes in that vid.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: January 24, 2020, 04:20:49 PM »
I just want to be clear.  Joe Rogan is a transphobe, Nazi enabling xenophobe racist because his level of questioning of a certain person(s) was not strident enough?

Interesting.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: January 24, 2020, 04:22:33 PM »

I kinda agree but I kinda don't. Getting the endorsement is fine, pandering for it, if that's what happened, is not. This will discourage so few Bernie voters that it barely merits discussion, but it I wouldn't roundly dismiss the people who are waffling between Sanders and Warren that this will turn off. Ultimately this has no bearing on beating Trump. Turning out Democrat voters who didn't vote for Hillary and swinging some moderates will be the key. The number of people who will vote for Bernie because Joe Rogan told them to can fit in the Waters lecture hall.

Pretty sure it’s been discussed already, but a lot of Trump voters’ second choice is Bernie.

On the pandering comment, is there some rumor going around that the Bernie campaign reached out to Rogan for the endorsement?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4590 on: January 24, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »
I just want to be clear.  Joe Rogan is a transphobe, Nazi enabling xenophobe racist because his level of questioning of a certain person(s) was not strident enough?

Interesting.

It's enough to question the wisdom in promoting his endorsment

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: January 24, 2020, 04:29:01 PM »
I'm highly sceptical that any endorsement from nearly anyone at the national level matters at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: January 24, 2020, 04:36:19 PM »
I'm highly sceptical that any endorsement from nearly anyone at the national level matters at all.

you're probably right. but he could have gotten any positive that would have come from it without sharing it and only got negative press for promoting it and pissed off a lot of his supporters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: January 24, 2020, 05:11:51 PM »

Pretty sure it’s been discussed already, but a lot of Trump voters’ second choice is Bernie.

On the pandering comment, is there some rumor going around that the Bernie campaign reached out to Rogan for the endorsement?

The trump voters with Bernie as their second choice has not had a percentage placed with it, because that is a minuscule number, and even fewer of them will actually vote. I have no idea if he was pandering for the endorsement at all, I don't even know what that means in this context, that was the rhetoric that some of those tweets used. If his campaign actually placed a formal ask of Joe rough ridin' Rogan, that's sad and pathetic. I'd say the same if any campaign asked any of the other popular podcasters; Chelsea Handler, Adam Carolla, those blond ladies from Barstool, Dax Sheppard, who the hell ever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: January 24, 2020, 05:13:43 PM »

gavin mcginnes in the eli valley tweet too. I haven't listened or watched the others, but he wasn't exactly grilling Mcginnes in that vid.

I'm sure that I'll regret this one day, but if I have any doubt about anything at all, I'll default to whatever Eli Valley says, does.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: January 24, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »
Ok, I’m on the Yang Gang team now.

https://twitter.com/andrewyang/status/1220823805716844547?s=21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: January 24, 2020, 05:26:52 PM »

Interesting.

I think he's definitely a transphobe, not because he thinks Fallon Fox should not be able to fight against women who were biologically born that way, but because of the rhetoric he used when making his point. He also absolutely enables nazi's and xenophobes, that is not a doubt at all. The argument that putting them on shines a light on their stupidity/danger/whatever, is preposterous.  When you book Gavin McGinnes on your show, the only thing you're bringing to light is that there are people out there who are openly racist and anti-semitic who don't fit the toothless southern redneck stereotype. If you've read anything at all from these groups you'll see that it is their goal to seem "normal" to gain access to platforms like this to spread their message, that is not even debatable.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: January 24, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: January 24, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: January 24, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »

Yes brother.   :cheers:  :thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.