Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 541780 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3925 on: December 08, 2019, 12:48:25 AM »
it's not.  my vote is irrelevant in determining who wins.  a bunch of dumbasses in the upper midwest who hate everyone with a whiff of corporate overlordness about them have a pretty big impact, otoh.

No it’s not, not anymore. Stop perpetuating this antiquated line.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: December 08, 2019, 12:56:20 AM »
did you even read the link that you linked, sb?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: December 08, 2019, 02:00:32 AM »
dumbshits vote too.
I dont think you should be pushing this dumbshit bait, but you are obviously free to do what you want to do. You obviously have an agenda, and to your credit, you've been quite transparent of it. If Pete emerges as the nominee, will you vocally support him?

The "dumbshit bait" is available to be pushed because Pete is being secretive about it. The problem is that he's inconsistent. He isn't quiet about any other job he had. He's not treating this issue as if it's no big deal. Your reaction to people being curious about this definitely speaks to an agenda.

All democratic candidates should be 100% transparent about everything inquired about. Without the transparency you lose a weapon against the cheeto.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: December 08, 2019, 02:03:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1202927131510157312

Lying [redacted]. That's a giant rough ridin' whopper to kick start the campaign. Does he think the electorate is entirely comprised of eight year olds that can't remember his time as mayor?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: December 08, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »
Know some McKinsey guys.  I called them out for being shadowy just now.  They all lol'd at me and now I feel bad.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: December 08, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »
Worked on a project with McKinsey on one side and Accenture on the other. The McKinsey side seemed a lot more competent IYAM.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: December 08, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »
dumbshits vote too.
I dont think you should be pushing this dumbshit bait, but you are obviously free to do what you want to do. You obviously have an agenda, and to your credit, you've been quite transparent of it. If Pete emerges as the nominee, will you vocally support him?

The "dumbshit bait" is available to be pushed because Pete is being secretive about it. The problem is that he's inconsistent. He isn't quiet about any other job he had. He's not treating this issue as if it's no big deal. Your reaction to people being curious about this definitely speaks to an agenda.

All democratic candidates should be 100% transparent about everything inquired about. Without the transparency you lose a weapon against the cheeto.

I have to think that people with this view have no idea what McKinsey does.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 08, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
dumbshits vote too.

Interesting, elaborate, because I have no idea what "knowing what McKinsey does" have anything to do with them giving this particular person an NDA and having an issue with him breaking it because he's running for president.

I, frankly, don't give a crap about this. I'm amused however, by some of you talking out of both sides of your mouths. I don't know anything about McKinsey, but "lol he was an entry level employee for an everyman employer," is literally the most nonsensical argument for keeping a NDA disclosed I've ever heard. It actually takes a unique cognitive dissonance to think that makes any sense at all.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: December 08, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
dumbshits vote too.

Interesting, elaborate, because I have no idea what "knowing what McKinsey does" have anything to do with them giving this particular person an NDA and having an issue with him breaking it because he's running for president.

I, frankly, don't give a crap about this. I'm amused however, by some of you talking out of both sides of your mouths. I don't know anything about McKinsey, but "lol he was an entry level employee for an everyman employer," is literally the most nonsensical argument for keeping a NDA disclosed I've ever heard. It actually takes a unique cognitive dissonance to think that makes any sense at all.

I would think that in this instance the NDA relates to client information.  Including identity of clients. 

I'm sure he had access to some proprietary information about their processes also. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: December 08, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »

i'm sure they do a lot of crap, but the electorally significant part is that they (afaik) often recommend that their client fire a bunch of people.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: December 08, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »
McKinsey provides all sorts of support for businesses, and in a lot of those instances their clients prefer those projects not be publicized. It’s profitable for McKinsey to assure their clients that employees aren’t going to blab about all the stuff they’re asked to help with.

As far as I know, there is zero reason for McKinsey to make an exception for (right now) probably their highest profile alum.

It’s a strange call for transparency because you’re asking for insight into McKinsey’s clients moreso than Pete himself. Its like calling for a Harris to turn over the files for all the cases she handled as a prosecutor.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: December 08, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
mckinsey isn't going to do crap if buttigieg discloses.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: December 08, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »
Jesus guys, he can offer more transparency about his role without disclosing proprietary information about the clients. I feel like I've lapsed into bizarro neo-liberal, trumpian, excuse making. Again, I'll also point out that if he had an entry level, low influence role, like some of you are claiming, he's not going to have a lot of proprietary client info. We're still talking out of both sides of our mouths here.

I'll reiterate, I don't care and I won't hold this against the guy, but these excuses are pretty absurd. I'd say the same thing to anyone making excuses for Warren not disclosing her tax info while she was in the private sector.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: December 08, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: December 09, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: December 09, 2019, 09:15:47 AM »
part time.  she had a full time gig as a law prof.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: December 09, 2019, 11:01:49 AM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: December 09, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »
Warren and her husband are worth over $10 mill, own multiple houses, and live a very extravagant lifestyle.

While Charlie is a complete dumbshit, he's not far off

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: December 09, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
Warren and her husband are worth over $10 mill, own multiple houses, and live a very extravagant lifestyle.

What sorts of things do Mr. and Mrs. Warren do as part of their very extravagant lifestyle?
:adios:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: December 09, 2019, 12:28:03 PM »

What sorts of things do Mr. and Mrs. Warren do as part of their very extravagant lifestyle?

Things? The same things rich people and most politicians do?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: December 09, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »

Things? The same things rich people and most politicians do?
Oh sorry, the way you were talking, I figured you had some specific insight. My bad, carry on.
:adios:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: December 09, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
They’ve been successful, and live the life of successful and now busy people and there is nothing wrong with it.

Claiming they don’t would be silly, though

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: December 09, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »
One thing that should have you New NeoCon LibBots just fist pumping your asses off is the proclamation by Soccer Grandma Liz Warren is that she'll "restore" NATO.

The post cold war NATO has been nothing short of aggression, regime change and Eastward expansion/provocation of Russia.