Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 543975 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2400 on: July 08, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 08, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/07/tom-steyer-2020-run/593434/

He'll probably just be replaced by this unknown rich guy

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 08, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »
Now I am not 100% sure they held it for him, but the plane and crew were at the gate on time, and there was no bad weather.  It sure was convenient that he got to the gate and boarded right before general boarding started

Did anyone boo him?
No. He seemed very polite and friendly, and his accent is exactly as hilarious in person.  He was in the row behind me.
:adios:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 09, 2019, 11:29:02 AM »
poor swalwell.

warren pulled in a shitload of q2 money and also spent a shitload of q2 money.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:22 AM »
Pete will be in kc on Tuesday  :Chirp:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 09, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »
i know candidates all want as much money as possible, always.  but it's kinda weird to me that he's still spending so much time on fundraisers.  i'm sure there's a strategy, but i don't think i understand it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 09, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
i know candidates all want as much money as possible, always.  but it's kinda weird to me that he's still spending so much time on fundraisers.  i'm sure there's a strategy, but i don't think i understand it.

He is running for VP

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 09, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
i don't think he's a very good vp pick for most possible candidates, but if that's his goal he should go out and get a geographically concentrated group of people to really like him, or go make an identifiable group of low-propensity dem voters fall in love with him instead of taking more money from highly educated white liberals.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 09, 2019, 01:43:38 PM »
He probably just wants the money and as much of it as he can get while it’s available.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 09, 2019, 01:51:51 PM »
i don't even know what i think he should be doing instead.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 09, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
i don't think he's a very good vp pick for most possible candidates, but if that's his goal he should go out and get a geographically concentrated group of people to really like him, or go make an identifiable group of low-propensity dem voters fall in love with him instead of taking more money from highly educated white liberals.

I think he makes some sense for Harris or Biden.  He ran for DNC chair and now he's doing this to raise his profile, he doesn't have a lot of options in Indiana and VP or a high profile spot in an administration is his only ladder to climb.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 09, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
Pete makes sense as a Biden VP if you assume Trump will do all the necessary work of turning out the minority vote.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 09, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »
I think he makes some sense for Harris or Biden.  He ran for DNC chair and now he's doing this to raise his profile, he doesn't have a lot of options in Indiana and VP or a high profile spot in an administration is his only ladder to climb.

i mean, yeah, it makes sense for buttigieg to be the vp.  i don't think it makes sense for the presidential candidate though.

he should move to michigan if he wants to run for statewide office.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 09, 2019, 11:40:14 PM »

i mean, yeah, it makes sense for buttigieg to be the vp.  i don't think it makes sense for the presidential candidate though.

1) well these campaigns always get very in to "balance" on the ticket and act like it is some huge deal.  I honestly don't know if the campaigns are all as impressed with Pete as wealthy, educated, whites, but that is who runs the campaigns, so I'm guessing they are. It mostly is completely irrelevant unless you pick someone really bad like Eagleton or maybe Sarah Palin, but I don't think either of those made much difference either. Maybe Gore is the last time you saw a VP really nail down a state that was helpful and in doubt. So Gore is probably the best example we have of a VP making a meaningful impact.

2) Zero chance that works.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: July 10, 2019, 04:33:24 AM »
Despite some setbacks ChiCom Joe extends overall lead.   Also good to see that ChiCom Joe put his 8 years in the White House to great use on the personal financial side of the equation.    ChiCom Joe, who used to paint the very picture of living paycheck to paycheck has made $15 million dollars since leaving the White House.    Those family trips (on Air Force 2) to China and the Ukraine while he was VPOTUS really paid off.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/july-national-poll-biden-extends-lead-in-democratic-primary-trump-closes-the-gap-in-the-general-election

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:00 AM »

1) well these campaigns always get very in to "balance" on the ticket and act like it is some huge deal.  I honestly don't know if the campaigns are all as impressed with Pete as wealthy, educated, whites, but that is who runs the campaigns, so I'm guessing they are. It mostly is completely irrelevant unless you pick someone really bad like Eagleton or maybe Sarah Palin, but I don't think either of those made much difference either. Maybe Gore is the last time you saw a VP really nail down a state that was helpful and in doubt. So Gore is probably the best example we have of a VP making a meaningful impact.

1)  he's not going to bring in indiana and all the highly educated white liberals that like buttigieg are already going to vote dem no matter what.  the only useful demo that he might help with would be waivering pubs/never trump pubs.  and if i were the presidential i'd want to see some really hard data on his appeal to that type of voter and where those voters are located before i considered him.

biden has to have a female running mate, probably has to have a black running mate.  harris, presumably would take a blue collar/union type male from mi, pa or wi.  or more likely, just say eff the senate, idgaf and take brown.

2)  the state line is like 5 miles north of south bend.  he barely even has to move.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2417 on: July 10, 2019, 11:03:55 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 10, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 10, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
Bernie is already fundraising off of it!

https://berniesanders.com/anti-endorsements/

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 10, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »

1)  he's not going to bring in indiana and all the highly educated white liberals that like buttigieg are already going to vote dem no matter what.  the only useful demo that he might help with would be waivering pubs/never trump pubs.  and if i were the presidential i'd want to see some really hard data on his appeal to that type of voter and where those voters are located before i considered him.

biden has to have a female running mate, probably has to have a black running mate.  harris, presumably would take a blue collar/union type male from mi, pa or wi.  or more likely, just say eff the senate, idgaf and take brown.

2)  the state line is like 5 miles north of south bend.  he barely even has to move.

Michigan 7 is an R+7 district.  I looked, the rest of the solid D seats are legacies and/or ethnic enclaves.  He could maybe more to Dearborn Heights and try to primary Talib?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: July 10, 2019, 01:33:41 PM »
Alright, I have an elevator pitch. Pete moves to Benton Harbor and runs for mayor (pissing off the African-American community again, but oh well) Mayor Pete leads a renaissance of Benton Harbor (mostly trying to re-brand it as St. Joseph and using eminent domain to bring in developers). Now he can run for the congressional district that is R +4 and trending more D and get in Congress or run for governor as "Main Street Pete."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: July 10, 2019, 01:41:16 PM »
it will be called the Benton D Party

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 10, 2019, 01:41:45 PM »
I have a pitch: Bernie retires and/or dies since he’s closing in on 90 and we don’t want to have to ole yeller him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: July 10, 2019, 07:23:44 PM »
Not looking good for Beto.

i don't think rubin or saavedra were voting for beto before they noticed that he talks about race.