Author Topic: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap  (Read 146532 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap
« Reply #1975 on: April 06, 2023, 07:33:06 PM »
People were blowing up little girls in churches long before social media was around.  The state and influence of social media is a symptom not a cause.
What

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 06, 2023, 07:37:18 PM »
The studs and duds guy is now saying pull the plug on social media, I’ve now seen it all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1977 on: April 06, 2023, 07:41:49 PM »

People were blowing up little girls in churches long before social media was around.  The state and influence of social media is a symptom not a cause.
What

Media is a reflection of society.  Social media isn't creating hate, it is showing the hate that's already there.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 06, 2023, 07:56:31 PM »
I think social media has caused more harm than good. It's nice to have a convenient way to share photos with people, but without social media, we probably would have been able to get most of the population vaccinated for COVID, no QAnon, no flat earthers, etc. Hell, we might not have even had a candidate Trump, let alone president Trump.

Yep. I think my top reasons for having disdain for social media:

1. Incredibly efficient at spreading misinformation.
2. Reinforces (if not creates) echo chambers that give people the false sense that their particular world view is by far the most prevalent and the others are simply outliers.
3. For kids in particular it creates a false sense of reality where the user feels like their everyday life is way more difficult and mundane than all of their peers.

Plenty of positives, but I wouldn't call it a net benefit by any stretch of the imagination.

This is a bigger issue than a lot of us want to admit, me included

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 06, 2023, 08:20:07 PM »
Until a few months back the founding and leadership of the predominant social media platforms and the dominant web search engine and related eco-system of products were the exclusive domain of #blueanon icons.

Thanks to those #blueanon icons for creating what #blueanon rank and file is now calling a cauldron of hate (they wouldn't be saying that if those platforms were the exclusive domain of #blueanon lunacy and insane conspiracy theories)

A series platforms where #blueanon thought leaders were and are mostly still allowed to run amuck day after day after day. 

While #blueanon political leaders were and are the most prolific in attempting to shut down anything they didn't like on social media.   :thumbsup: 

Even going so far as enlisting foreign based NGO's with direct ties to foreign governments and foreign and domestic military's and intelligence agencies to "assist" in shutting down what they declared to be "disinformation" (as what was well documented on this blog when DHS tried to create their Ministry of Disinformation)  :thumbsup:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: April 06, 2023, 09:13:18 PM »

What

Media is a reflection of society.  Social media isn't creating hate, it is showing the hate that's already there.

Yes but social media is the megaphone to make sure that everybody can hear the message of hate loud and clear, with carefully curated algos to make sure you keep hearing more and more stuff like that

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 06, 2023, 09:20:48 PM »

What

Yes but social media is the megaphone to make sure that everybody can hear the message of hate loud and clear, with carefully curated algos to make sure you keep hearing more and more stuff like that
Algos- Mattering for approximately 8 months. (Prior if they were brought up #blueanon was wholly dismissive)

Hate: All narratives we don’t like (#blueanon)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: April 06, 2023, 09:24:22 PM »
Until a few months back the founding and leadership of the predominant social media platforms and the dominant web search engine and related eco-system of products were the exclusive domain of #blueanon icons.

Thanks to those #blueanon icons for creating what #blueanon rank and file is now calling a cauldron of hate (they wouldn't be saying that if those platforms were the exclusive domain of #blueanon lunacy and insane conspiracy theories)

A series platforms where #blueanon thought leaders were and are mostly still allowed to run amuck day after day after day. 

While #blueanon political leaders were and are the most prolific in attempting to shut down anything they didn't like on social media.   :thumbsup: 

Even going so far as enlisting foreign based NGO's with direct ties to foreign governments and foreign and domestic military's and intelligence agencies to "assist" in shutting down what they declared to be "disinformation" (as what was well documented on this blog when DHS tried to create their Ministry of Disinformation)  :thumbsup:

You sound like a crazy person.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 07, 2023, 07:26:43 AM »

What

Yes.  sounds like we all agree.

TURN IT OFF!  TURN IT OFF!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1984 on: April 07, 2023, 07:40:04 AM »
Hey I don't agree! We differ! Differ I say!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 07, 2023, 07:43:44 AM »
Sad that Chingon is using his mega phone to amplify his hate

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 07, 2023, 11:04:57 AM »
“Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable. I have endeavored to follow that counsel throughout my tenure, and have always sought to comply with the disclosure guidelines."

Clarence Thomas refusing to take any personal responsibility (again)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/politics/clarence-thomas-disclosures-supreme-court/index.html

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 07, 2023, 11:13:49 AM »
Sorry sir,  I didn't know I couldn't do that

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 07, 2023, 11:15:20 AM »
the maga trend of absolutely never taking any personal responsibility ever under any circumstances is puzzling

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 07, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »
Hey I don't agree! We differ! Differ I say!

I don't either

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 07, 2023, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 07, 2023, 11:56:07 AM »

You sound like a crazy person.

If social media platforms were unfettered #blueanon echo chambers (and a lot of it is) there's not a chance in hell that #blueanongE would be saying what they're saying.

But, as usual, you tapout straight away.  Damn, it's just sad

It's not the least bit surprising that you are unaware of the ties between our domestic Federal law enforcement, intelligence agencies and foreign NGO's et. al. and social media censorship.  A lot of it came out when DHS tried to foist that Harry Potter lunatic on us.  You missed it, and thus you think it's just crazy talk.  1000% on brand with nary a single salient rebuttal from you.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 11:59:23 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 07, 2023, 11:57:17 AM »
the maga trend of absolutely never taking any personal responsibility ever under any circumstances is puzzling

:lol: :lol: dug apparently hasn't seen the latest "it's not our fault"  report from the greatest gaslighting Presidential administration in modern U.S. history.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 07, 2023, 12:06:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929027353124864?s=46&t=qihx_M5rao00w7e29gt7Rw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spracne, what are your thoughts on this story? Is it wrong for Clarence Thomas to have a fantastically wealthy friend who likes to take him on trips?

Edit: This picture is amazing. The guy commissioned a real painter to make it. Does anyone on this board know people who do this sort of thing?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 07, 2023, 12:07:02 PM »
It’s only wrong if you get caught

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: April 07, 2023, 12:09:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929027353124864?s=46&t=qihx_M5rao00w7e29gt7Rw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spracne, what are your thoughts on this story? Is it wrong for Clarence Thomas to have a fantastically wealthy friend who likes to take him on trips?

Only remedy is impeachment. You can probs guess how likely that is.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 07, 2023, 12:15:29 PM »
“Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable. I have endeavored to follow that counsel throughout my tenure, and have always sought to comply with the disclosure guidelines."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/politics/clarence-thomas-disclosures-supreme-court/index.html
I know next to nothing about the actual circumstances here, but assuming the law is clear, how batshit crazy it would be for the highest jurist in the land to use this as an excuse.

I hope the Supreme Court gets flooded with appeals of criminals seeking to overturn their convictions because, just like Justice Thomas, they asked their friends about it 25 years ago and they said it was legal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 07, 2023, 12:24:24 PM »

I know next to nothing about the actual circumstances here, but assuming the law is clear, how batshit crazy it would be for the highest jurist in the land to use this as an excuse.

I hope the Supreme Court gets flooded with appeals of criminals seeking to overturn their convictions because, just like Justice Thomas, they asked their friends about it 25 years ago and they said it was legal.

I agree with this, and I know cat will also agree that when family members of our then VPOTUS and now our POTUS are engaged in financial activities that generate tens if not hundreds of Suspicious Activity Reports as submitted by entities like JP Morgan - Chase and other major banks to our Department of Treasury, that should be investigated as well.  Particularly since many of these reports involved highly corrupt countries like Ukraine, highly corrupt companies like Burisma Holdings, and companies located in countries that are our geo-strategic advisaries, where the government controls everything. 

Cat, let's common ground this, and work to clean up Washington together.  :cheers:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 07, 2023, 12:27:31 PM »
I was told Common Ground'ing was a form of tapping out?

But yes, if Hunter Biden committed a crime, then nail his ass. And if Joe Biden conspired in support of the same, nail his ass, too. #CommonGround

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 07, 2023, 12:43:34 PM »
Tapout noted and accepted @Spracne