Author Topic: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap  (Read 145148 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap
« Reply #1600 on: May 18, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »
Justwin! Get in here!

What do you want me to say?

I just figured you would have an interesting opinion on getting rid of government schools

Sure, I'd be in favor of getting rid of government funded schools. Obviously, the only way it would be possible is for there to be some grants/credits given to low income households.  It's something that will never happen, though. There are way too many parents that want free daycare. Given this it's not something I really ever worry about in politics.

A distant second preferred option would be to give everyone an education credit that could be used at a government-run school, a private school or your homeschool. You could make testing a requirement if you wanted to receive the credits. I could see this happening, but I doubt it ever will.

Greg Abbott is not in favor of getting rid of government funded schools. He just wants to not have to pay for the kids of immigrants here illegally. Denying these kids an education is not something that gets me revved up. I'm only interested in the Supreme Court overturning the decision because I don't think it's something the federal government should be able to force states to do.
You seem like a generally smart guy, so I’m disappointed you don’t recognize this as a pure dog whistle. It makes zero economic sense to not educate children in your own community. Refusing to do so based on race is like tazing off your own nutsack a thousand times over.

This is why I wasn't saying much when this was initially posted. I don't think Greg Abbott's motivations are the same as mine when it comes to this case. For me, I don't think the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment applies here. I also generally believe in a much smaller and less powerful federal government. If I had the ability to do so, the federal government would be 1/10 to 1/5 the size it currently is. I view overturning this decision as a small step towards reducing the power of the federal government. I think Greg Abbott views it as a way to specifically deny children of immigrants here illegally a free education. That's not really my motivation, so I'm not going to be out there pumping Greg Abbott up on this. That's what I meant about not getting revved up about denying these kids an education.

In terms of education in general, if there was no universal government funded education, that doesn't mean there would be no education at all. Lots of families would still pay to send their kids to a school or they would stay home and educate their children themselves. I specifically stated that you would have to have some sort of support for low income households. I don't think you need subsidies to convince many upper middle class and middle class families to educate their children.

You also don't need eight hours a day to educate kids. However, actually educating kids is not the primary function that schools serve for many parents. Their view of the primary function of schools, whether they want to admit it or not, is to provide daycare for their children. You saw this in the pandemic when so many parents were complaining about having to be at home with their kids and not being able to be at work. I also think it is demonstrated by how many poorly performing schools are tolerated in society. While the education might not be good at these schools, they are serving their daycare function, so we're not going to really do something about them.

If schools functioned 100% just to educate kids, I'd certainly be less opposed to government funding of them. I'd still be opposed, I imagine, but much less opposed. I just don't think we need to be providing free daycare to everyone in the country.

Ooh, sweet hottake. How many of these schools have you spent significant time in during the day?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 18, 2022, 01:03:06 PM »
Ah, no daycare, wonder how he feels about abortion
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 18, 2022, 01:33:30 PM »
Ooh, sweet hottake. How many of these schools have you spent significant time in during the day?

I went to school as a kid in them. I don't spend any time in them now, but hear plenty from those who have kids in schools.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 18, 2022, 01:34:08 PM »

I am opposed to killing unborn children.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 18, 2022, 01:52:18 PM »

I went to school as a kid in them. I don't spend any time in them now, but hear plenty from those who have kids in schools.

Oh. lol.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: May 18, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

I would recommend you personally don't kill unborn kids, then.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 18, 2022, 02:08:30 PM »

Oh. lol.

Why would I spend any time in schools or have almost anything to do with them?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 18, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 18, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »

Oh. lol.

Calling them daycares then shows how little you actually know about them, maybe you should know a lil more then

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 18, 2022, 02:47:06 PM »

but opposed to making sure live ones are taken care of, got it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 19, 2022, 06:01:09 PM »

Oh. lol.

Just surprised at such a hot take for something that you apparently know so little about.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 19, 2022, 08:57:56 PM »
More wtf and lol than pos imo

https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1526980379265187843

Oh Yea, frying pan moma!  I hope she's a good cook.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 25, 2022, 06:11:24 PM »
Greta and drag queens did this

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 25, 2022, 06:12:29 PM »
Greta and drag queens did this

This is a stupid contest that has the all time greats competing

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 25, 2022, 08:40:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1529486533643870208

I'm actually relieved she went the cross dressing route because, as I was reading the tweet, I thought she was going to do an abortion tie-in, and I didn't want my eyes to roll all the way out of my head and onto the floor.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 26, 2022, 01:07:25 AM »

I got a time out for posting the two words "snow roach" and nothing else. She likely won't get a damn thing for this and these people will continue to act like they are victims and social media mistreats them.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 26, 2022, 08:17:35 AM »

I got a time out for posting the two words "snow roach" and nothing else. She likely won't get a damn thing for this and these people will continue to act like they are victims and social media mistreats them.

Even if Twitter doesn't persecute her today, someone else will. Probably the media.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: May 27, 2022, 01:19:50 PM »
assume he went to aTm

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 27, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »
Nope, UT Austin. I'm sure both parties regret that one.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 27, 2022, 01:37:08 PM »
Like I've said, the thing that pisses me off about Abbott is that he knows better.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 27, 2022, 01:46:33 PM »
He dresses like a cop because his constituency fetishizes cops and the military.  People in uniform look official and project some level of authority.  Therefore, morons subconsciously lend him more respect and good will than they would if he was wearing a tan suit or something.

His constituency fetishize cops and military because: 1. they are told to in a crap load of messaging everywhere from the NFL to a crap load of stupid truck stickers you see on half the vehicles in our world, 2. they are careers that are easy to get into and that provide what they see as a path to respect, power, or authority without actually having to accomplish something difficult that would allow you to earn those things, and 3. they get to play with all the "eff yeah" equipment they like to mentally jerk off to(larping as if you are GI Joe).

Greg draws on that to make his voters want to trust him without consciously making that choice.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 27, 2022, 01:48:48 PM »
I've also noticed that the right pocket on all of his shirts say

Greg Abbott
Governor