Author Topic: ?  (Read 4527 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: ?
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 11:48:38 PM »
8 teams get to the elite 8 every year.  only 1 (MAYBE 2) get a dr. pepper.  factor that into your calculus and smoke it.

What percentage is more likely to happen, Dlew12?  Calculus that out for me TIA
12.5% of tornament teams make the elite 8.  10% of big 12 teams drink the 23 flavors.

calculus thwarted.

Wrong.

There are 351 D1 teams.  Eight of which make an elite 8 = 2.2% chance a team makes an elite 8 every year.  There are 10 teams that can win a Dr Pepper, so either 10/20% of them will.

Apply Scarcity Principle of Social Psychology and the more scarce a thing is the higher importance it has.  Therefore making an elite 8 is more important and has a higher value placed on it.
#calculated
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: ?
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 02:34:36 PM »
In this year's version of the B12...i'd say being in the title hunt into the last week or the season and ending up an outright second or tied for first would = a Sweet 16 appearance. Winning outright and ending KU's streak would = an Elite 8 Run. A FF appearance would obviously trump anything short of a perfect B12 season or something and even then a FF would probably be more exciting in the long run.

Man, the E8 run was incredible.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.