Author Topic: Makol Mawien  (Read 97551 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Makol Mawein
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »
I think he was likeable, so he didn't seem as bad, but he was bad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
he averaged 5 and 5 off the bench in 08-09 with about 18 minutes a game, he got run so I'm guessing his defense was crap but I don't think he belongs in the same conversation as Jack Krap or the others
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »
he averaged 5 and 5 off the bench in 08-09 with about 18 minutes a game, he got run so I'm guessing his defense was crap but I don't think he belongs in the same conversation as Jack Krap or the others

He went on to have a pretty decent career at USF too.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2018, 11:30:44 PM »

oscar could go on to build K-State into Tom Izzo's Michigan State and I'll never forgive him for Jack K. and Michael Orris, what in the world was he thinking?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2018, 05:56:12 AM »
Ron Anderson was an elite offensive rebounder. Just not very athletic, I remember questioning if he could dunk or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51:00 AM »
Ron Anderson Career Stats http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/36670/ron-anderson-jr

Michael Orris Career Stats http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/62711/michael-orris

Looks like both graduated with a degree so that's good.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »
Ron Anderson was an elite offensive rebounder. Just not very athletic, I remember questioning if he could dunk or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was a very good rebounder period. I remember being somewhat upset when he left.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
eff this guy, seriously. He's the tin man and the cowardly lion, dude needs a heart and courage, what a wimp.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »
Bamba literally took the ball out of Mawein's hands then dunked on him, lol

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2018, 09:01:12 PM »
Well, he's no Brian Patrick, is he MIR???
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
 :confused:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:39 PM »
He was fine tonight. Your hatred for him is weird.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
:sdeek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »
_FAN, come on dude, his coach benched him less than two minutes in because he was clearly, clearly afraid of Bamba. That happened. After he got benched and had his playing time taken by James freaking Love he figured out that he should probably should convert the layups his guards were providing for him. I'm not going to act like he's Jeremiah Massey because he managed to do in the second half what James Love did in the first after his ass got benched.

He hit a big shot, again a layup created by Barry, in the second half then had it immediately negated when he let another man take the ball out of his hands then dunk on him with no resistance.

Did any of you notice when the caught the ball on the three point line in the last minute and literally everyone on the bench started screaming? That was hilarious and so perfect for Mawein.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2018, 09:36:23 PM »
_FAN, come on dude, his coach benched him less than two minutes in because he was clearly, clearly afraid of Bamba. That happened. After he got benched and had his playing time taken by James freaking Love he figured out that he should probably should convert the layups his guards were providing for him. I'm not going to act like he's Jeremiah Massey because he managed to do in the second half what James Love did in the first after his ass got benched.

He hit a big shot, again a layup created by Barry, in the second half then had it immediately negated when he let another man take the ball out of his hands then dunk on him with no resistance.

Did any of you notice when the caught the ball on the three point line in the last minute and literally everyone on the bench started screaming? That was hilarious and so perfect for Mawein.

I never said anything about him being a great player. But he contributed tonight and was part of the reason we won the game. So did Love.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »
Love was awesome, he's the sole reason we got anything out of MM. Have any of you ever seen a D1 player pass backwards out of the paint when there was no one between him and the rim? If oscar didn't pull him immediately after that like he did we would have been playing 4 on 5 all night.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
I will compliment him on one thing and one thing only because he does it very well. He is a not good, but great, team defender. One-on-one, not so much, but he's great doing everything else. He's always in perfect help position, he plays screen and roll/pop perfectly, and tonight when we went to the double of Bamba he did exactly the right thing with his footwork to allow the double to happen, then not foul. You have to shade high a little bit before the double comes then move to shade low to allow the second defender to maximize their coverage and he does that better than any big I've ever seen.

The good team defender thing is a big deal, it really is, enough to merit his minutes. I have to remember that when he acts like he is a 5'10" guard with the ball in his hands, or when he commits a stupid foul, or when he doesn't move when trying to get a defensive board. I've given up on him o boarding his three THREE! tonight gives him 8 total in the 11 games we've played since the start of conference play, counting Georgia.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2018, 10:14:44 PM »
Mawein has 29 offensive rebounds, 49 defensive rebounds, and 69 fouls in 454 minutes this season.  :ROFL:

His game log is hilarious

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
I will compliment him on one thing and one thing only because he does it very well. He is a not good, but great, team defender. One-on-one, not so much, but he's great doing everything else. He's always in perfect help position, he plays screen and roll/pop perfectly, and tonight when we went to the double of Bamba he did exactly the right thing with his footwork to allow the double to happen, then not foul. You have to shade high a little bit before the double comes then move to shade low to allow the second defender to maximize their coverage and he does that better than any big I've ever seen.

The good team defender thing is a big deal, it really is, enough to merit his minutes. I have to remember that when he acts like he is a 5'10" guard with the ball in his hands, or when he commits a stupid foul, or when he doesn't move when trying to get a defensive board. I've given up on him o boarding his three THREE! tonight gives him 8 total in the 11 games we've played since the start of conference play, counting Georgia.

:thumbs: :cheers:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »
Mawein has 29 offensive rebounds, 49 defensive rebounds, and 69 fouls in 454 minutes this season.  :ROFL:

And what is Stockard's?  Love had a decent game if you can call it that but he and Stockard aren't close to what Mailwein can bring to the table. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2018, 10:38:30 PM »

And what is Stockard's?  Love had a decent game if you can call it that but he and Stockard aren't close to what Mailwein can bring to the table.
Darn, 16 points from the Big Meats, and against Mamba the Manimal.  Love points, sexy.  I don't  are if they are getting it done ugly as long as it is like tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »

They are also horrific, this isn't an endorsement for anyone else, none of the bigs are good enough although James Love did have a very good game, you can absolutely call it that. If you could combine the best of Mawein and the best of Love you would then have a good rotational big.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2018, 11:43:09 PM »
Mawien had a really nice game tonight.  Great defense in the second half.  Bamba scored 3 points on 1 for 5 with three turnovers in the second half.  Mawien also did a great job hedging on screens without letting them drop it to Bamba. 
Mawien played 18 minutes in the second half with 8  points on 4 for 7 with 1 steal and 3 offensive rebounds and no turnovers. 

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2018, 08:13:04 AM »
mir's mawein hate is like my favorite part of this season. it's so extra. it's the best.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2018, 08:26:50 AM »
Mawein spent most of the night looking like he was playing in roller skates.