Author Topic: The DACA masterpiece  (Read 37440 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The DACA masterpiece
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »
CBS news poll says 87% of Americans says dreamers should be allowed to stay.

LOL!
Bet CBS news polls still show HRC winning the election. 
Leftists believe man made climate change is fact and basic biology is unsettled.

Do you know how polls work you dumb bitch? Also this constitutes the first time I've seen CBS News referred to as leftist. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the state of idiots these days, anyway eat this
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/955237577019314176

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »
The wall is paid for nitwit

Well yes and no. Ultimately Mexico is going to pay for it once Trump seizes all the remitttances, so this would be more of a loan.

Loaning Trump money is a SUPER bad idea.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »
Kdub is literally the only person I have heard talking about amnesty.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
Well ask your friend if he has seen any polls indicating a majority of Americans do not want dreamers to stay in the USA.  Cause if so, I'll bet the questioned was framed pretty poorly.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
Pro-tip: There are some liberals on this BBS who are worth arguing with. MIR is not one of those. He ducks in occasionally to call people names (usually "racist" or "bigot") and that's about the extent of his work.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:56 PM »
Well ask your friend if he has seen any polls indicating a majority of Americans do not want dreamers to stay in the USA.  Cause if so, I'll bet the questioned was framed pretty poorly.

I would like to know the results of a poll that asks something like "Would you prefer for current DACA recipients to receive permanent legal status (a) unconditionally, (b) not at all, or (c) only in exchange for stricter immigration enforcement?

Anybody know of any poll like that?

Update: That didn't take much googling... http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1191a4DACAandImmigration.pdf

Poll commissioned by ABC finds 86% favor legal status for DACA recipients, and 65% would support a compromise of DACA amnesty for stronger border enforcement. The two questions were:

23. Do you support or oppose a program that allows undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States if they arrived here as a child, completed high school or military service and have not been convicted of a serious crime?

24. Would you support or oppose a law that combined this proposal for undocumented immigrants with increased funding for border security programs?

It's unclear how much of the 86% would support unilateral amnesty without stronger border enforcement because ABC didn't provide that possible choice. And that's why you have to take polls worth a grain of salt - the results depend upon how questions are worded and what options are presented (not to mention sampling). But I think it's reasonable to assume that not even close to 86% would prefer unilateral amnesty over an amnesty + enforcement option.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:29:55 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »
The DACA program doesn't let undocumented immigrants who have been convicted of a serious crime remain in the United States.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »

I would like to know the results of a poll that asks something like "Would you prefer for current DACA recipients to receive permanent legal status (a) unconditionally, (b) not at all, or (c) only in exchange for stricter immigration enforcement?

Anybody know of any poll like that?

Update: That didn't take much googling... http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1191a4DACAandImmigration.pdf

Poll commissioned by ABC finds 86% favor legal status for DACA recipients, and 65% would support a compromise of DACA amnesty for stronger border enforcement. The two questions were:

23. Do you support or oppose a program that allows undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States if they arrived here as a child, completed high school or military service and have not been convicted of a serious crime?

24. Would you support or oppose a law that combined this proposal for undocumented immigrants with increased funding for border security programs?

It's unclear how much of the 86% would support unilateral amnesty without stronger border enforcement because ABC didn't provide that possible choice. And that's why you have to take polls worth a grain of salt - the results depend upon how questions are worded and what options are presented (not to mention sampling). But I think it's reasonable to assume that not even close to 86% would prefer unilateral amnesty over an amnesty + enforcement option.

Well the first question just summarizes what DACA is and always has been, so from that question it sounds like 86% of those polled support DACA...  I agree you can't necessarily extrapolate what specific legislation people would prefer, but it sure as hell sounds like 86% of people are in favor of a bill memorializing DACA in its current form.  DACA has never been tied to border security until the Republicans decided they had some kind of leverage since Democrats have bigger issues with deporting an entire generation of low risk, educated folks who consider themselves Americans.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:54 PM »
Well the first question just summarizes what DACA is and always has been, so from that question it sounds like 86% of those polled support DACA...  I agree you can't necessarily extrapolate what specific legislation people would prefer, but it sure as hell sounds like 86% of people are in favor of a bill memorializing DACA in its current form.  DACA has never been tied to border security until the Republicans decided they had some kind of leverage since Democrats have bigger issues with deporting an entire generation of low risk, educated folks who consider themselves Americans.

“What DACA is and always has been.” “DACA has never been tied to border security.”

So I think it bears reminding at this point that DACA was created only a couple of years ago by Barrack Obama’s constitutionally questionable executive order refusing to execute existing immigration law with respect to a million people. You’re speaking of DACA as if it is some sacrosanct law of the land instead of the shakiest of usurpations of executive authority. One might feel fortunate that Trump and the Pubs are even willing to consider working with Dems to codify the DACA amnesty. So again, it is perfectly reasonable to expect other immigration reforms in exchange for granting an amnesty.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:46:38 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »
Pro-tip: There are some liberals on this BBS who are worth arguing with. MIR is not one of those. He ducks in occasionally to call people names (usually "racist" or "bigot") and that's about the extent of his work.

Why do you constantly blame other people for your racism? Don't get mad at me bub, change your ways, explore the world, brown people aren't so bad, we won't harm you.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »
“What DACA is and always has been.” “DACA has never been tied to border security.”

So I think it bears reminding at this point that DACA was created only a couple of years ago by Barrack Obama’s constitutionally questionable executive order refusing to execute existing immigration law with respect to a million people. You’re speaking of DACA as if it is some sacrosanct law of the land instead of the shakiest of usurpations of executive authority. One might feel fortunate that Trump and the Pubs are even willing to consider working with Dems to codify the DACA amnesty. So again, it is perfectly reasonable to expect other immigration reforms in exchange for granting an amnesty.

It's remarkable how dense you are willing to act in order to avoid conceding a point.  The question was simply "do you support or oppose DACA?"  86% said they supported it.  That means 86% of people favored the program instituted under Obama.  That means 86% of people would be in favor of Trump reinstating the same thing.  That means 86% of people are in favor of legislation that does the same thing.

65% of people want both DACA legislation AND border security legislation.

I'm not sure how you can justify reading any more into the numbers than that.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
Trump should be begging for a DACA only bill to hang the 2nd win on the rafters....it's something everybody wants....easy peasy.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
Trump should be begging for a DACA only bill to hang the 2nd win on the rafters....it's something everybody wants....easy peasy.

Well Trump already publicly said he wanted a clean DACA bill at one point.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »
dems lost the shutdown because trump kept his mouth shut

truly an unthinkable scenario

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »
The overwhelming majority of people polled think the dems got their crap pushed in by trump in this idiotic ordeal.

The dems relied heavily on Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) polling that said 86% of people supported whatever the eff daca is, and are now suffering the consequences of that foolishness.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2018, 10:58:59 PM »
The overwhelming majority of people polled think the dems got their crap pushed in by trump in this idiotic ordeal.

The dems relied heavily on Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) polling that said 86% of people supported whatever the eff daca is, and are now suffering the consequences of that foolishness.

both of these things can be true. the people support wtf data and think the dems lost

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2018, 09:09:53 AM »

It's remarkable how dense you are willing to act in order to avoid conceding a point.  The question was simply "do you support or oppose DACA?"  86% said they supported it.  That means 86% of people favored the program instituted under Obama.  That means 86% of people would be in favor of Trump reinstating the same thing.  That means 86% of people are in favor of legislation that does the same thing.

65% of people want both DACA legislation AND border security legislation.

I'm not sure how you can justify reading any more into the numbers than that.

So you dodged my point and returned to the polling. I already addressed the polling. Read back a page. You are assuming that the vast majority of people would prefer a "clean" amnesty over an exchange of amnesty for other immigration reforms, but the poll didn't ask that question. To the contrary, in the question that asked about amnesty and tighter border enforcement, 65% supported it.

Now back to my point, it is perfectly reasonable to expect tighter immigration enforcement in exchange for codifying an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »
The poll asked about tighter border enforcement, not a 20 billion dollar wall.  I don't think I know anyone who works for Rasmussen, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would guess 65% wouldn't support that boondoggle.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/955794780205797376

Watch ronald reagan call KSW a racist from the grave

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:58 AM »
Now back to my point, it is perfectly reasonable to expect tighter immigration enforcement in exchange for codifying an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

I don’t know what reason has to do with it. Legislation isn’t passed based on what makes logical sense. If it was, we wouldn’t be staring at a $1.5 trillion hole for tax cuts passed when our economy is strong and unemployment is low.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2018, 09:45:20 AM »
don't offer the pubs crap for daca.  if they want to unilaterally deport 800k sympathetic young english-speaking immigrants, let them.

would trade building a pointless wall for a natl employment id and enforcement of labor laws on employers, no-visa tourist entry for mexicans and rationalization (increase) in temporary no path to citizenship work visas.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2018, 10:03:22 AM »
don't offer the pubs crap for daca.  if they want to unilaterally deport 800k sympathetic young english-speaking immigrants, let them.

would trade building a pointless wall for a natl employment id and enforcement of labor laws on employers, no-visa tourist entry for mexicans and rationalization (increase) in temporary no path to citizenship work visas.

Sys, it's like we have the same brain
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »
The poll asked about tighter border enforcement, not a 20 billion dollar wall.  I don't think I know anyone who works for Rasmussen, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would guess 65% wouldn't support that boondoggle.

Exactly. You really can't read into polls anything more than the exact question that is asked. Everything else is guessing. I'd guess that some people would support DACA amnesty unilaterally, some would only support it in exchange for a complete wall, and some would support it in exchange for other immigration reforms. Which is probably what you'd find if you just asked any random group of people. People's opinions vary widely about immigration, and there is a lot of nuance. Screaming that 86% of people support unilateral DACA amnesty based on one question that doesn't drill down into the issue is, frankly, silly.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2018, 10:33:56 AM »
as for the title of this thread can someone please explain the masterpiece to me?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2018, 08:11:42 PM »