Author Topic: The DACA masterpiece  (Read 37439 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: The DACA masterpiece
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2018, 09:38:33 PM »
You should tell your dumbass politicians to take Trumps deal.  I would be super pissed
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »
The president and republicans took away CHIP and ended DACA to use as political leverage. It's blowing up in their face

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »
Dems are not voting for chip, DACA, and border security and you think this is blowing up in ‘pub faces?

You are a dandy.......

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »
hold on, so 4 republicans voted against?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Dems are not voting for chip, DACA, and border security and you think this is blowing up in ‘pub faces?

You are a dandy.......

Pubs control Congress and the White House. If you don't believe that they will take the hit for a shutdown, then you are just lying to yourself. Dems have every incentive to let this shutdown go down.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2018, 10:58:00 PM »

10 yes votes short
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:17 PM »

You are a dandy.......

Pubs control Congress and the White House. If you don't believe that they will take the hit for a shutdown, then you are just lying to yourself. Dems have every incentive to let this shutdown go down.

Maybe if there were 61 pub senators ( if you are counting McCain)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2018, 07:32:38 AM »
I just don’t see this moving the political needle for either side that much. Any intelligent observer can see the political game being played by either side. The dumb ones have already made up their mind on their party and will stick with them no matter what.

All that said, Democrats are playing the game right. The worse this gets the less favorably history will look on Trump and the Republican controlled congress. I think something like 80% of Americans want some form of DACA on the books? Democrats have a good argument for forcing action on this one.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2018, 08:21:57 AM »

Because they want a budget instead of a CR. Even if all 51 pubs had supported the CR, it never would have passed in the face of unified Dem opposition (a few red state Dems were permitted to break ranks, but only after it was assured the vote couldn’t pass).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:33:55 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »

You are a dandy.......

Maybe. But you’re basically banking on the Dem/Media complex successfully misleading the American people to believe this is the pubs’ fault, facts be damned. This is actually quite similar to banking on the Dem/Media complex successfully misleading a majority of Americans to believe they won’t get a tax cut, facts be damned.

What does that say about Dem politics when it is based on deceiving people?

The facts are that the CR could never pass because the Dems chose to not support it, and they chose not to support it because they didn’t get their demand for amnesty for illegal immigrants.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:02:36 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
Kdub has certainly made up his mind, facts be damned
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »
Ok, so now that the "hugely embarrassing failure of leadership that is totally going to blow up in Trump's face" ended with Dems capitulating after a long weekend, let's get back to the immigration deal:

Amnesty to DACA recipients in exchange for allocating $20bil over 10 years to build the wall and beef up border security, and abolish visa lottery and chain immigration. That's something everyone here would agree to, right? I don't think we'd need until Feb 8 to hammer that out.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »
Naw

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »
The wall is paid for nitwit

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
Literally or seriously?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »

Ok, so now that the "hugely embarrassing failure of leadership that is totally going to blow up in Trump's face" ended with Dems capitulating after a long weekend, let's get back to the immigration deal:

Amnesty to DACA recipients in exchange for allocating $20bil over 10 years to build the wall and beef up border security, and abolish visa lottery and chain immigration. That's something everyone here would agree to, right? I don't think we'd need until Feb 8 to hammer that out.

I don't care how much we charge Mexico for the wall. Seems dealer Trump could get a good deal for us and maybe they'd throw in cameras or drones or something.

Majority of people want the DACA kids to stay...you don't get to use that as the only point you are willing to concede.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
The wall is paid for nitwit

Well yes and no. Ultimately Mexico is going to pay for it once Trump seizes all the remitttances, so this would be more of a loan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »

I don't care how much we charge Mexico for the wall. Seems dealer Trump could get a good deal for us and maybe they'd throw in cameras or drones or something.

Majority of people want the DACA kids to stay...you don't get to use that as the only point you are willing to concede.

A majority want amnesty without stronger border enforcement? I’m sure you can find some polls that were selectively worded and samples to get that result, but I doubt it’s true. Yes, I feel very comfortable requiring additional border security in exchange for amnesty. Otherwise it’s just like the last amnesties.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »

A majority want amnesty without stronger border enforcement? I’m sure you can find some polls that were selectively worded and samples to get that result, but I doubt it’s true. Yes, I feel very comfortable requiring additional border security in exchange for amnesty. Otherwise it’s just like the last amnesties.

So you want to give in on the one point everybody wants (DACA kids get to stay) and in exchange you got 20B of taxpayer money to build a structure that won't work and eliminate anybody being able to bring their families to America and end a lottery program of already vetted immigrants.

You are as good of a dealer as Trump and really living those American values that allowed your ancestors to come here.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »
Immigration really brings out the worst in kdub, pretty disgusting person

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »

So you want to give in on the one point everybody wants (DACA kids get to stay) and in exchange you got 20B of taxpayer money to build a structure that won't work and eliminate anybody being able to bring their families to America and end a lottery program of already vetted immigrants.

You are as good of a dealer as Trump and really living those American values that allowed your ancestors to come here.

So the point you keep missing is that DACA amnesty is not something “everybody wants.” It’s something the Dems and some coastal Pubs want, and something most other Pubs would agree to but only in exchange for better border security and immigration reform.

You keep ignoring that second part, and you don’t seem to think better border enforcement is a reasonable precondition to granting amnesty to illegal immigrants. We’ll just to have agree to disagree on that.

But it is extremely disingenuous to take Pubs’ willingness to negotiate on DACA as “hey, everybody wants amnesty without any compromise.” That’s not the case. Far from it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »
For what it’s worth, I’d peg the chances of a deal being struck on immigration this year at about 20%. This is because, unless the Dems can get DACA amnesty without boosting border security and reforming immigration law in any meaningful way (unlikely), I think the Dems will prefer to not give Trump another big win and instead ride the DACA issue into the midterm elections where they expect to have more power next year.

So if I had to guess, instead of a deal we’re going to see a string of CRs and a crap ton of finger pointing the rest of this year. :sad:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »
CBS news poll says 87% of Americans says dreamers should be allowed to stay.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
I think we’ll get DACA amnesty with no border wall this spring.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
CBS news poll says 87% of Americans says dreamers should be allowed to stay.

I would be part of that 87%. But I only want amnesty if border security is enhanced. You’ll notice CBS didn’t ask that question or explore that distinction. Interestingly, CBS did ask whether DACA amnesty was worth shutting down the government over 46% said yes, 48% said no. That’s closer than I expected, but I haven’t read the poll internals. I wonder how the poll sampled by party affiliation?