Author Topic: goEMAW: 2017  (Read 14373 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW: 2017
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »
Late to the thread but if word clouds are still going out...I'll take one please!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »
Looking at the biggest "talkers" on goEMAW (posters who were involved in more than 100 quotes) :

The posters on the left hand side had more posts of theirs quoted than they quoted of others, and the posters on the right had the opposite.

Perhaps one way to interpret this is that the deep red folks are the conversation starters/drivers. But its not necessarily only positive, perhaps to too much of an extent, they don't reply much to others. They could be contrarians looking mainly for reactions/fights and don't bother replying.

The people in the deep green are conversation killers/enders.  Perhaps they need the final word or maybe more charitably they have a irrefutable position. It's not necessarily negative, they could simply be the ones who neatly conclude an issue so it doesn't drag on and on, and they drive conversation by replying (maybe even mercy replies to posters who don't get paid attention to).

The middle people (right around 0) are the balanced posters who quote and are quoted in equal amounts. They are momentum keepers and crucial to the health of a dynamic BBS.

anytime you are next to Steve Dave, you are in a good spot...feels good!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2018, 07:25:26 PM »
Cheers irl friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »
A few years ago I started to blame John Currie and oscar Webber for almost everything negative associated with KSU, and I just keep getting proved correct.

I won’t even read posts on the basketball board anymore, and I like basketball more than football. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
Same pete

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:13 PM »
The Pit is the future of this board.  You're welcome.

The Big Train

« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
do the cliques go vertically and horizontally?

For a self-proclaimed math wiz this is a pretty embarrassing question regarding graphing TBH

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2018, 10:09:03 PM »
Looking at the biggest "talkers" on goEMAW (posters who were involved in more than 100 quotes) :

The posters on the left hand side had more posts of theirs quoted than they quoted of others, and the posters on the right had the opposite.

Perhaps one way to interpret this is that the deep red folks are the conversation starters/drivers. But its not necessarily only positive, perhaps to too much of an extent, they don't reply much to others. They could be contrarians looking mainly for reactions/fights and don't bother replying.

The people in the deep green are conversation killers/enders.  Perhaps they need the final word or maybe more charitably they have a irrefutable position. It's not necessarily negative, they could simply be the ones who neatly conclude an issue so it doesn't drag on and on, and they drive conversation by replying (maybe even mercy replies to posters who don't get paid attention to).

The middle people (right around 0) are the balanced posters who quote and are quoted in equal amounts. They are momentum keepers and crucial to the health of a dynamic BBS.

While I'm very happy where I sit, this seems skewed against my guy bones, everyone loves that guy.

Also @_33 this has been a tough thread for you kid, chin up.

Grats joker, clams, and trim

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2018, 01:31:30 AM »
:royals:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2018, 07:47:53 AM »
Same pete

SD, it gets worse.  Tell me if you are afflicted by this too....I don't even like our basketball players, because they committed to oscar Weber.  I don't wish them physical harm or anything, but I cannot cheer for anyone who commits to oscar Weber. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2018, 09:32:19 AM »
yeah, when you throw in with trash you become trash

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »

How so @MakeItRain?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »
Chignon, you shouldn’t have included instructions on how to interpret the data.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2018, 12:44:28 PM »

How so @MakeItRain?

Because the way MIR has chosen to interpret this data (which affirms he is a super great poster along with Wacks and Dax) leads to the conclusion you are a bad poster.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
No wonder I’m always getting the hamburglar confused with dugout dickstone
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

How so @MakeItRain?

Because the way MIR has chosen to interpret this data (which affirms he is a super great poster along with Wacks and Dax) leads to the conclusion you are a bad poster.

Why would you assume that? You're dead assed wrong about your assumption by the way. You're right about wacky and dax though. I can't stand dax, in a very real way, but he elicits response, that's how message boards work.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2018, 05:01:37 PM »
Well _33 asked you for an explanation, so if I assumed wrong how about you explain what you meant when you said this has been a tough thread for _33?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2018, 05:43:13 PM »
I can shed a little light on this data.  The red group are your position takers, mans man types, alphas.
The middle group are more the get along jokester type. The green are the argumentative, crabby bitchy, have to have the last word gentlemen of the beta persuasion.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
I can shed a little light on this data.  The red group are your position takers, mans man types, alphas.
The middle group are more the get along jokester type. The green are the argumentative, crabby bitchy, have to have the last word gentlemen of the beta persuasion.

When I think of an easy going people pleaser the first person that comes to mind is definitely Kim Carnes
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
He is clearly in the mid red zone for mans man alphas

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
Which posters are the people pleasers? Michigancat, pissclams, trim, Pete?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
Barely any red, barely any green

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
Mrs gooch thru stevedave, and not people pleasers those are your words, they are get along jokester Group.

The Big Train

« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2018, 08:19:11 PM »
What’s your read on me(balanced), Tubesock?