Author Topic: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows  (Read 165379 times)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Memorial Stadium in Lawrence blows
« Reply #1350 on: August 15, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
lol, beat us by 4 days.  It looks like efforts were made for 2 years to make Manhattan the site of the state university, but the hobnobbers in Lawrence thwarted the efforts.  And so it was, Manhattan became the state aggies under the Morrill act, and 4 days later the governor signed a bill to create the state University in Lawrence.  That must sting to this very day.

Not so much.  It took years for anything to get done, and when it did, it worked just like it does to this day.  A K-Stater took charge, just like your current AD.  The founder of the school of agriculture stepped up and designed your beloved KU campus, and for good measure, designed Emporia State's campus as well.

Iowa State's Central Campus was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, who designed Central Park in New York.

Suck it.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 15, 2013, 01:58:24 PM »
lol, beat us by 4 days.  It looks like efforts were made for 2 years to make Manhattan the site of the state university, but the hobnobbers in Lawrence thwarted the efforts.  And so it was, Manhattan became the state aggies under the Morrill act, and 4 days later the governor signed a bill to create the state University in Lawrence.  That must sting to this very day.

Not so much.  It took years for anything to get done, and when it did, it worked just like it does to this day.  A K-Stater took charge, just like your current AD.  The founder of the school of agriculture stepped up and designed your beloved KU campus, and for good measure, designed Emporia State's campus as well.

Iowa State's Central Campus was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, who designed Central Park in New York.

Suck it.

Suck it.

Not that your post has any relevance to this topic but I'd like to point out that you couldn't be more wrong.  That's the oldest myth in the books.   :lol:  Stupid Havs.

http://isuspecialcollections.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/iowa-states-central-campus-a-brief-history-and-a-myth/

In conclusion, I must point out one major misconception often stated about who designed Iowa State’s early campus.  Myths will inevitably start about an institution, and Iowa State is no exception!  In the “Appeal to Alumni”, the author mentions that the Iowa State campus was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted.  As stated above, this is in fact not the case.  Iowa State’s first president, Adonijah Welch, designed much of the original campus.  It is interesting, however, to see the long-standing assertion in an article written over 100 years ago.  This myth still continues to this day, but hopefully readers of this blog post can help straighten the record
@lopakman

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 15, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
Was it designed well?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 15, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »

Suck it.

Adorable when people get all tuff and stuff, especially when they're wrong.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 15, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Iowa State is better than Kansas State: Fact.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1355 on: August 15, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »
This is worse than finding out Santa isnt real.

:goodbyecruelworld:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 15, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 15, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »

That's weird cause we're better than you at like everything on earth.  Hell, you guys aren't even better than Skunk Creek.  (Would it kill you guys to build a dam or something?)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 15, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »

Move to "had a bad day" thread?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 15, 2013, 08:52:09 PM »
Absolutely adorable. :D

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1360 on: August 15, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »

Im going on vacation tomorrow. Much needed vacation.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 15, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »

Enjoy your vaca bud!!  :)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »

get drunk and get laid, bruh.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1363 on: August 15, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »

get drunk and get laid, bruh.

Thanks guys!!!

:driving:

:cheers:

:crossfingers:

:pray:

:excited:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
I really want our next phase to be released before KU releases anything, just so I can observe the phog
emaw

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: August 21, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »
I really want our next phase to be released before KU releases anything, just so I can observe the phog

It's really great over there.  Amazing to watch all the shots they take at our stadium.  They dig pretty deep.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 21, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »

It's really great over there.  Amazing to watch all the shots they take at our stadium.  They dig pretty deep.

yeah.  they are pretty fantastic.  really enjoyed this:

Someone's scared. 

Obviously when KU does Memorial Stadium it will be better than KSU's field.  It's KU after all. KSU is like the guy who gets the year old Mustang on your street.  He hand washes it every Saturday.    He makes it look like new.  The envy of the block he thinks.  Then a few weeks after he gets it the really cool rich guy in the neighborhood pulls up in his brand new Ferrari.  Must suck.
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »
Actually KSU is kind of like the guy who has an one hundred million dollar car and KU is kind of like the guy who lives in a completely different neighborhood but spends a lot of time talking about how he's totally going to get a nicer car than KSU, someday, just you wait.

I'll prob get banned again  :embarrassed:
emaw

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 21, 2013, 09:52:11 PM »

yeah.  they are pretty fantastic.  really enjoyed this:

Someone's scared. 

Obviously when KU does Memorial Stadium it will be better than KSU's field.  It's KU after all. KSU is like the guy who gets the year old Mustang on your street.  He hand washes it every Saturday.    He makes it look like new.  The envy of the block he thinks.  Then a few weeks after he gets it the really cool rich guy in the neighborhood pulls up in his brand new Ferrari.  Must suck.

This is why ta is bitb.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 27, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
What a shocker; the stadium still blows this year despite the track removal.  The restroom floors were flooded last November when I went to the K-State game, and it sounds like they couldn't even afford to have a plumber fix the leaks during the offseason.  Either that or the administration just doesn't care about the fan experience.   :frown:

Not to pile on but I will add that the facilities are an absolute joke as well. last week the entire bathroom was flooded and this week the water to wash your hands was scalding hot and the pressure so high that to put your hands under it meant you would get drenched with it. Obviously we have bigger problems beyond the bathrooms but it just highlights how high school our entire stadium is, even with the track removed.

The Big Train

« Reply #1370 on: September 27, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »
What a shocker; the stadium still blows this year despite the track removal.  The restroom floors were flooded last November when I went to the K-State game, and it sounds like they couldn't even afford to have a plumber fix the leaks during the offseason.  Either that or the administration just doesn't care about the fan experience.   :frown:

Not to pile on but I will add that the facilities are an absolute joke as well. last week the entire bathroom was flooded and this week the water to wash your hands was scalding hot and the pressure so high that to put your hands under it meant you would get drenched with it. Obviously we have bigger problems beyond the bathrooms but it just highlights how high school our entire stadium is, even with the track removed.

the track was topical, what they need is a major infrastructure renovation, which is YEARS away

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 09, 2017, 09:30:29 PM »

Suck it.

If I’m being honest, this still stings.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 10, 2017, 05:14:43 AM »
Those were different days, SB <3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 10, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »
The character arcs of some of the bloggers on this site over the years has been inspiring.