Author Topic: Iowa State Review  (Read 2332 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Iowa State Review
« on: November 26, 2017, 12:40:52 PM »
We won again !  :billdance:

Iowa State is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and should have thrown to Lazard on every down.

We continue to throw deep to our fullback once or twice a game and refuse to throw into a short/slant game until fourth quarter.

It was a really strange and somewhat boring game. Not much stood out on this one.

I talked with my dad about when was the last time we've had a qb win like this and his only thought was back to Chad May.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline cat.branchman

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State Review
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »
Matt Miller against Cincinnati.

https://youtu.be/U_mf4Mrbwo8

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »
That was an exciting game. UCinn almost got KU as well as I recall and both TSC’s finished ranked.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

Amazing! Loved the qb rolling out everytime

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
great bsfs moment. i watched the last few minutes up on the north concourse. terrific view of the inevitable story book ending with lots of room for celebration

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »

I remember listening to that with friends on the radio. Man, the days when every game wasn't televised.

Snyder used to love that roll out and throw opposite concept. We used that quite a bit up until Bishop IIRC.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:26 AM »

I remember listening to that with friends on the radio. Man, the days when every game wasn't televised.

Snyder used to love that roll out and throw opposite concept. We used that quite a bit up until Bishop IIRC.

Yup.  I clearly remember listening to this game with my roommates and when that play happened we totally lost our crap and started jumping around and screaming and high fiving for what seemed like several minutes.  When we finished we could hear the people in the apartment above us still screaming so that prompted us to start a new round of screaming and high fiving.  :D

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »
i remember the cincy game bc my dad took me to the newspaper where he was managing editor and printed out the game story from the ap wire sunday morning, and i excitedly read about our cats and made up images of the the action in my head. 1995, kids actually had to use their imaginations.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
I can think of four times that a Snyder team has scored a game winning TD on or near the last play of the game: NTSU 89, OSU 93, Cinnci 95, and last week. Three of them weren't televised! I was lucky enough to be at the first, but I've listened to the last three (was driving home from visiting family for Thanksgiving this weekend). Just seems kind of weird.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
I can think of four times that a Snyder team has scored a game winning TD on or near the last play of the game: NTSU 89, OSU 93, Cinnci 95, and last week. Three of them weren't televised! I was lucky enough to be at the first, but I've listened to the last three (was driving home from visiting family for Thanksgiving this weekend). Just seems kind of weird.

2010 vs UCF is the only other one I can think of, and I listened to that one on the radio :D