Author Topic: Is this the Farmageddon to end all Farmageddons?  (Read 39437 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the Farmageddon to end all Farmageddons?
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »
This year's Farmageddon is very likely to decide at least one championship game participant.  :eek:

If they beat Oklahoma State in two weeks, we might have to consider the possibility of two farmageddons.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2020, 10:13:33 PM »
As much as I would like to go undefeated the rest of the year I might be willing to drop our regular season game against flood aggie just to get their hopes up and then beat them like 45-21 in the big12 championship game presented by dr pepper.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2020, 10:48:41 PM »
As much as I would like to go undefeated the rest of the year I might be willing to drop our regular season game against flood aggie just to get their hopes up and then beat them like 45-21 in the big12 championship game presented by dr pepper.

I laughed today thinking of how mad they’d be at a scenario where they’re tied with Texas going into the last weekend, we lose to Texas to knock them out, then beat Texas the next weekend in the Dr. Pepper.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2020, 11:25:48 PM »

I laughed today thinking of how mad they’d be at a scenario where they’re tied with Texas going into the last weekend, we lose to Texas to knock them out, then beat Texas the next weekend in the Dr. Pepper.

That would be great, but I just don't see a scenario where Texas is good enough to make that happen.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »

That would be great, but I just don't see a scenario where Texas is good enough to make that happen.

I thought it during their game today and just now realized they have 2 losses, not 1, so it now doesn’t really make sense.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
We're not going to the playoffs even if we win out, so I'd definitely trade a single season loss for a Dr pepper while ripping their hearts out.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
We're not going to the playoffs even if we win out, so I'd definitely trade a single season loss for a Dr pepper while ripping their hearts out.

Good point. I vote for a Big 12 title and a heart ripper.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
I forgot they lost to a scrub in week 1 too, it would have been amazing to have them roll into the Dr P undefeated and headed to the playoff with a win and then we crush them.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »

The talking heads at Fox were saying the Big XII Championship game could still include Texas and OU.  No rough ridin' way KSU will be in the CFP.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2020, 10:40:13 AM »

The talking heads at Fox were saying the Big XII Championship game could still include Texas and OU.  No rough ridin' way KSU will be in the CFP.

I know there are a lot of games left but having a 2 game deficit with 6 games to go is going to be a tough sled for Texas and OU to make up, plus I think both of those teams are destined to lose at least one more game each.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
I tend to agree.  However, I bet at least one participant in the Big 12 Championship game comes in with 2 or more conference losses.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2020, 03:15:59 PM »
I tend to agree.  However, I bet at least one participant in the Big 12 Championship game comes in with 2 or more conference losses.

...meaning, if either OU or Texas wins out, then they could make the championship game.  I don't think more than 1 team will have fewer than 2 losses in the conference...and that's probably OSU.  The most probable matchup, IMO, is OSU vs ISU.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
ISU missing out on a tiebreak due to a UT/OU/ISU loss triangle would be fun.  No rough ridin' way they don't just claim it though.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »

I know there are a lot of games left but having a 2 game deficit with 6 games to go is going to be a tough sled for Texas and OU to make up, plus I think both of those teams are destined to lose at least one more game each.

Sorry for not responding to your response until now.  What I was trying to get across is the fact ESPN doesn't want a small school in CFP.  As the announcers said toward the end of the game.  They talked about TCU and Baylor not getting in, even thou they had better record than OSU.  They called it the pageantry of the CFP. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »
I get that everyone is high on OSU right now, but they haven't been THAT dominating, and they have yet to play any of the decent teams in the BigXII. If ISU beats them, then I'm betting on an ISU vs KSU Dr. Pepper

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
I get that everyone is high on OSU right now, but they haven't been THAT dominating, and they have yet to play any of the decent teams in the BigXII. If ISU beats them, then I'm betting on an ISU vs KSU Dr. Pepper

It’s unlikely imo, but OSU turning out to be very good and running thru the B12 unbeaten then showing well in the CFP would be great for the conference. Much better than OU or UT doing so.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2020, 03:22:11 PM »

It’s unlikely imo, but OSU turning out to be very good and running thru the B12 unbeaten then showing well in the CFP would be great for the conference. Much better than OU or UT doing so.
OSU has also been without spencer sanders for a few weeks.  He should be back soon.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
OSU hasn't been dominant but has looked the least flawed, which might be the most important thing this year.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:07 PM »
It’s too bad OSU has a great team when this season doesn’t count.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »
People are high on OSU because they were a favorite to make the championship game and unlike the other three schools who were favorites, they haven't stepped on their dicks yet.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »
Sure, I get that, which is why I have no issues with anyone saying they're the best team in the conference right now. I also think it would be great for the conference for them to actually run the table and make the CFP. However, I just honestly don't see that happening.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2020, 10:30:29 AM »
Sure, I get that, which is why I have no issues with anyone saying they're the best team in the conference right now. I also think it would be great for the conference for them to actually run the table and make the CFP. However, I just honestly don't see that happening.

Yeah, you're right

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2020, 10:51:34 AM »
It’s weird down here. The path is wide open for them, but virtually none of them are talking about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »
It’s weird down here. The path is wide open for them, but virtually none of them are talking about it.

That's definitely not the case here, they think they've won it already.