Author Topic: Roll call! Who is on board  (Read 35384 times)

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Roll call! Who is on board
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2018, 11:42:21 AM »
The losses are so, so bad.  There was a time i would never consider switching channels during a cat game but i find myself mindless flipping thru the channel guide and realizing about any one of the 300+ channels i get would be more interesting than the game.  Thankfully i missed the last 16 minutes of this abortion due to a riveting episode of 2 Broke Girls.

What to do?  We have a team built around 3rd year starters (hell even our Freshman is a redshirt) and still can't sniff the top teams in the league.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
The last two Saturdays have been extremely frustrating.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2018, 12:05:28 PM »
I'm resigned to another year of Oscar. Next year, will be his team, the one he pieced together after lighting a match to the program when he couldn't manage the first batch of recruits he brought on campus. It's a team with solid players at four spots, the best of whom is a once-in-a-generation small-town Kansas boy natural-fit Wildcat he lucked in to, and he's one of three bigs Oscar has brought on campus in six years who could charitably be called a P5 recruit (and one of those was only here one year because of the dread weed).

This team could be a contender next year with another big or solid small forward or both. Oscar's got to know that, and we've got a point guard in the pipeline.

I can't look where we're at and not think we'll be 3 to 4 games better next year barring a key injury to Wade, Brown or Sneed and maybe 3rd or 4th in conference. A good year but not a Texas Tech type year, either. Then it'll be rebuilding mode. 

I really want to bring a coach who could bring energy to the program, chase off about four of the stiffs on the roster and plug in two or three pieces who could make 2018-19 real milestone year. That's the train I want to board.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »
I don't know how anyone can be anything but meh about this team. Like we're a permanent bubble team or slightly worse as long as oscar is here. Meh.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2018, 12:09:36 PM »
I don't know how anyone can be anything but meh about this team. Like we're a permanent bubble team or slightly worse as long as oscar is here. Meh.
Basically my rage about oscar left five years ago and I just don't care.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
I'm resigned to another year of Oscar. Next year, will be his team, the one he pieced together after lighting a match to the program when he couldn't manage the first batch of recruits he brought on campus. It's a team with solid players at four spots, the best of whom is a once-in-a-generation small-town Kansas boy natural-fit Wildcat he lucked in to, and he's one of three bigs Oscar has brought on campus in six years who could charitably be called a P5 recruit (and one of those was only here one year because of the dread weed).

This team could be a contender next year with another big or solid small forward or both. Oscar's got to know that, and we've got a point guard in the pipeline.

I can't look where we're at and not think we'll be 3 to 4 games better next year barring a key injury to Wade, Brown or Sneed and maybe 3rd or 4th in conference. A good year but not a Texas Tech type year, either. Then it'll be rebuilding mode. 

I really want to bring a coach who could bring energy to the program, chase off about four of the stiffs on the roster and plug in two or three pieces who could make 2018-19 real milestone year. That's the train I want to board.

You are giving Brown and Sneed too much credit.  They are very mediocre

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »

You are giving Brown and Sneed too much credit.  They are very mediocre

Preach it brother
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
He should have the taste slapped right out of his mouth.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
People like him, wacky, and oscar should go lay in traffic and rid the world of their stupid rough ridin' loser-worshiping asses

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
Hoppas is a trip. He has to be related to oscar or something.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »
Still 4th in the Big 12 :emawkid:

The problem is that this is as good as it's going to be. I give oscar credit for the ability to identify good, under recruited guards, he can't coach them. Positions, I think we are better than tech, talent wise, even if you think we aren't, we certainly aren't 20 points worse. I wanted oscar to coach this group as seniors, like Chris Beard is doing with his group now. I wanted oscar to get his young targets infused with veterans, like Chris Beard is doing with his group now. The problem is that oscar can gather a good group of guards, he's proven time and again that he can't identify or develop a big, but he can't coach like Chris Beard is doing with his group now.

I'll still cheer for these guys but it's time.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »
I was just going through my Yahoo Sports app on my phone and thought "oh yeah, what about KSU b-ball".  Saw the TTU score and laughed.

Just popped in to see who still cares.

We kept Wooldridge for 6 seasons.  We kept Asbury for 6.

We're at #6 with the current smelly dork.

I'll check my Yahoo Sports app next year, maybe.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
Basically my rage about oscar left five years ago and I just don't care.

I’m also on team Meh.  I have no emotion after losses or wins this year.  Like you said, this is a bubble program as long as oscar is around. 

It is apparent many fans feel the same way after seeing the empty seats on TV Saturday, and against a top 10 team nonetheless.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2018, 09:11:08 AM »
I'm #RideOrDie with #oscar.  If you can't handle him at his 20 point loss to Texas Tech, you don't deserve him at his play-in game win.  Pardon my french but that's the damn truth.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
Well I’m back on board guys! We just needed a little ass kicking and we are good to go now! :emawkid:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2018, 08:04:31 PM »
Well I’m back on board guys! We just needed a little ass kicking and we are good to go now! :emawkid:

We just need to keep playing teams we are better than.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Scheduling is more important than recruiting

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
Nice road win. Sole possession of 4th place with the easiest remaining schedule.  Four Big 12 road wins and 6 true road wins over all.  Kam getting closer to 90%.  Still, who knows.  Every Big 12 game is a crap shoot. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2018, 08:14:43 AM »
it's almost like what if oscar wasn't so dog shitty at home....what if....

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
Relax Meow Meow, it's Thursday.  :cheers:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile