Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 139583 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1651 on: January 31, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
Thx  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 31, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »
Great Tapatalk image preview there
:adios:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 31, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »
Total FIT / AGI = Effective (aka “Average”) FIT.

12.2% for 2017.  i don't really like that formula, though.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
also, i just realized i'm gonna owe a fuckload unless ron johnson raped the crap out of the irs for me this year.  i better get a paycheck soon.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 31, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »
17.7% last year for the cat household.  Would like to report back soon for this year but betterment isn't getting my tax docs until mid-February :curse:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 01, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
2017: 11.75
2018: TBD

I don't think doubling the 11.75 in 2017 would be unreasonable either chum  :cheers:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 01, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »
A half a percentage point increase is in the neighborhood of four figures for us. That's not a brag

:lol:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 01, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
A half a percentage point increase is in the neighborhood of four figures for us. That's not a brag

:lol:

I don't want to brag that I pay less taxes than everyone here because I think you all make a lot more and have fewer kids.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 01, 2019, 03:22:11 PM »
I don't want to brag that I pay less taxes than everyone here because I think you all make a lot more and have fewer kids.

that's a big part of why i don't like using the agi/fit % that _w suggested.  like the money i derive economic benefit from bears only a weak relationship with the agi number.

i do recognize that deferred income is not yet taxed, so it is consistent to not include it.  but still.  and there's no rationale for not using a number that's pre exemptions/deductions, child bribes or whatever they're called now.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 01, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
Everyone has their fetish and effective tax rate is _w’s
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 02, 2019, 01:58:56 AM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 02, 2019, 06:11:55 AM »

that's a big part of why i don't like using the agi/fit % that _w suggested.  like the money i derive economic benefit from bears only a weak relationship with the agi number.

i do recognize that deferred income is not yet taxed, so it is consistent to not include it.  but still.  and there's no rationale for not using a number that's pre exemptions/deductions, child bribes or whatever they're called now.

And even if you do get a number you like, there's still a weak relationship between it and your fun money. Though there's no criminal penalty for not doing things like having a place to live, a car to drive, electricity, groceries, etc., in what real sense can you choose not to pay bills for these things?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 03, 2019, 08:18:54 AM »
Still waiting on some tax docs but it’s not looking good you guys.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 03, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
Well did my taxes....Got screwed on Federal Taxes but Virginia was surprisingly positive. Paid more into taxes, bought a house, and maxed out my contribution into my 401K. Somehow I get less back...thanks GOP for the damn near trillion dollar deficit annually for me to pay more in! I only hope our betters (Kochs, Bezos, the Waltons...etc) enjoy the hard earned tax break for us to get screwed. They needed another Yacht so we should definitely pay more, give up public benefits, cut infrastructure, cut Social Security and Medicare so they may enjoy it!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: February 03, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »
Doesn't appear my tax form is postcard sized. I think Donald Trump may be kind of a liar.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 03, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
2016: 13%
2017: 13%
2018: 11%

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 03, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »
I was like 15% this year. Agree AGI is kinda dumb

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 04, 2019, 09:51:11 AM »
16.15% this year with KSU-Dubs formula and I have several dozen kids  :curse:

Haven't done last year's formula yet so that may actually be better than last year though :dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 04, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »
16.15% this year with KSU-Dubs formula and I have several dozen kids  :curse:

No you don't.

Haven't done last year's formula yet so that may actually be better than last year though :dunno:

That's the whole point.

Btw - Effective (aka Average) Rate is not "my" formula. It's a very common, simple measurement of income tax burden utilized by many writers, economists, and the US Government. AGI doesn't capture all income but I use it because it's such a common formula. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/effectivetaxrate.asp
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:36:12 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 04, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 04, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
Well did my taxes....Got screwed on Federal Taxes but Virginia was surprisingly positive. Paid more into taxes, bought a house, and maxed out my contribution into my 401K. Somehow I get less back...thanks GOP for the damn near trillion dollar deficit annually for me to pay more in! I only hope our betters (Kochs, Bezos, the Waltons...etc) enjoy the hard earned tax break for us to get screwed. They needed another Yacht so we should definitely pay more, give up public benefits, cut infrastructure, cut Social Security and Medicare so they may enjoy it!

"Got less back" is a function of your withholding. Not a measure of the taxes you paid. On your new postcard-sized 1040, divide Line 15 ("Total Tax") by Line 7 ("AGI").
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:34:36 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:35 PM »
Also this was my third year doing s-2 withholding and each time it's been less than $100 refund. Take that government!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:34 PM »
Limiting the SALT deduction to own the lib states was a poor way to try and pay for this tax cut IMO.  Not to mention the timing of it in our economic cycle.  kdub we all knew it was lowering people's taxes before they started posting their EFT rates for you, so not sure the point of it?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 04, 2019, 12:38:27 PM »
Limiting the SALT deduction to own the lib states was a poor way to try and pay for this tax cut IMO.  Not to mention the timing of it in our economic cycle.  kdub we all knew it was lowering people's taxes before they started posting their EFT rates for you, so not sure the point of it?

The point is to PARTY. :billdance:

And shrinking the SALT deduction applies to ALL states. That reduction is hitting heavily-taxed states harder, which apparently means many lib states (plus Nebraska?! :lol:), but I'd suggest that people who are upset about this might direct their ire at the high SALT they're paying....