Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 139127 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1075 on: December 20, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
Well this is neat. AT&T, Wells, Fifth Third... I wonder if any other companies will follow suit?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 20, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
Well this is neat. AT&T, Wells, Fifth Third... I wonder if any other companies will follow suit?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html

It's a start. Albeit just three companies and how big of a wage increase is it? I'm more interested in how wages for low level employees and middle management increase compared to CEO's and senior management.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 20, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »
I bet walmart follows suit tomorrow
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 20, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »
Did the rate cut on pass through llc's make it or did they decide to reward the lazy and punish the job makers?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 20, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »
I rent out my primary residence and also am tax liable responsible for a vacation rental. This passthrough stuff should boost me from MENHY to MEDoJFi, right?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1080 on: December 20, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
I'll be deferring a bunch of income until next year and getting a ridic return for this year 

#thankstrump :Woot:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 20, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »

Guys, remember, the amount your accountant puts on your tax for as owed is the minimum you must pay. You can ignore your lower tax rate and pay more.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 20, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »
heh, birther dougie chimes in with some hot quips

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:13 PM »
Whole lotta excuses going on here for a misleading media in the tank for one party.... It's hard for liberals to comprehend the bias because they don't have to deal with it.

we hear it plenty from you spinning how this is the greatest presidential year ever...and we can look with our own two eyes he's 25% approval and done nothing (except this tax bill now, which he'd have to be a fool not to get with Rep congress tripping over themselves to get their donors a taxbreak)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »
heh, birther dougie chimes in with some hot quips

You seemed especially upset at your tax break.

The Big Train

« Reply #1085 on: December 20, 2017, 09:41:47 PM »
I don't think anyone has congratulated KSUW yet on this accomplishment.  Good thing we have Murphy's Law to explain this.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 20, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
Whole lotta excuses going on here for a misleading media in the tank for one party.... It's hard for liberals to comprehend the bias because they don't have to deal with it.

we hear it plenty from you spinning how this is the greatest presidential year ever...and we can look with our own two eyes he's 25% approval and done nothing (except this tax bill now, which he'd have to be a fool not to get with Rep congress tripping over themselves to get their donors a taxbreak)

Gorsuch and other textual judges, slashing regulations, rescinding absurd DOE guidances, cutting taxes, booming economy and investments, ISIS in tatters. All in all a pretty good year for America and the Trumpster! And all you can point to is the Don's approval rating which, if anything, is just further indication of the constant negative drumbeat from the press.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 20, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
Guys I have to tell you this 1st year of accomplishments toward American Greatness comes as no surprise to me  :driving:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 20, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »

Gorsuch and other textual judges, slashing regulations, rescinding absurd DOE guidances, cutting taxes, booming economy and investments, ISIS in tatters. All in all a pretty good year for America and the Trumpster! And all you can point to is the Don's approval rating which, if anything, is just further indication of the constant negative drumbeat from the press.

:lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 20, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »

name 3 impactful regulations slashed....you know like the ones he named like Dodd Frank?    LOL giving "booming economy" and "ISIS in tatters" to Trump.

Great job proving my point though....appreciate it.

The Big Train

« Reply #1090 on: December 20, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
KSUW only projects what the propaganda machine puts out. It's his only source of information.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »
 :driving:  :curse:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 20, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
Happy for you 27
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 20, 2017, 10:28:02 PM »
Thanks bud

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 20, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »

It's a start. Albeit just three companies and how big of a wage increase is it? I'm more interested in how wages for low level employees and middle management increase compared to CEO's and senior management.

These aren't wage increases, just bonuses. They'll evaporate and companies will bump up prices to make up for the difference once it's obvious that the tax plan doesn't add demand like they thought it would.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 20, 2017, 11:17:21 PM »
This is the kind of bullshit that ksw will be bitching about when his kids schools come knocking

If I understand it correctly, and maybe I don't, this refinancing is exactly the bullshit I hate. It allows a district to extend a bond for another 20 years and tell the residents "vote for this and your taxes won't go up at all!" when the truth is that if the bond expired their taxes would go down. This is the sneaky bullshit that public educators pull all the time. So if it will now be harder for them to do that, great.
eff over my community to own the libs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 21, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »
isis in tatters omg ksuw

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 21, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »
isis in tatters omg ksuw

Are you suggesting that massive progress hasn't been made against ISIS in the past year? Start here...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/opinion/sunday/war-trump-islamic-state.html

Even the more liberal assessment from PolitiFact, while arguing that Trump can't take full credit (true), begrudgingly acknowledges the acceleration in progress this past year thanks in part to the new administration.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/oct/26/donald-trump/trump-takes-full-credit-gains-against-isis/

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 21, 2017, 10:18:36 AM »
I equate this to when I twist real hard on a jar lid for a long time then hand it to someone else and they pop it open with ease....sure they opened the jar.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 21, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »
First of all, this is the tax thread.

Second, the best short term solution for ISIS is always going to be additional military presence, which Republicans are more likely to push for. Ironically, the best long term solution is probably the opposite, which honestly only a libertarian could really pull off.