Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 139173 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #575 on: November 29, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
Taking all this at your word even though the house plan isn't going to be anywhere close to the final plan...and personally I'd say it's not the upper middle class that needs the tax break so they can send Jr to baseball traveling teams...it's the lower side of the middle class that needs the help to you know...buy clothes.

The Senate plan is actually more generous for me. Didn't run it for lower incomes. It sounds to me like you're expecting this reform to be less about cutting taxes and more about redistributing cash to folks who aren't paying much, if any, FIT to begin with. And that's understandable for a liberal, but this is supposed to be a tax cut - not another welfare program. Let's just stop with the "middle class aren't getting a tax cut" hogwash. This is yuuuuuge for most of the middle class.

so it's just a tax cut not redistribution of cash if the higher incomes get the break?  okay.

this conversations would probably go further if you didn't insist on labeling everybody's political party to discount their opinion.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 29, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
How about owners of LLCs in the service field?

The pass-thru taxation is currently under discussion. It vertainly won't be tax free like what was attempted in KS. Question is how it will compare to corporate and personal rates.

I'll just grab my ankles real quick then

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 29, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »
It's redistribution to the national debt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 29, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »
Taking all this at your word even though the house plan isn't going to be anywhere close to the final plan...and personally I'd say it's not the upper middle class that needs the tax break so they can send Jr to baseball traveling teams...it's the lower side of the middle class that needs the help to you know...buy clothes.

The Senate plan is actually more generous for me. Didn't run it for lower incomes. It sounds to me like you're expecting this reform to be less about cutting taxes and more about redistributing cash to folks who aren't paying much, if any, FIT to begin with. And that's understandable for a liberal, but this is supposed to be a tax cut - not another welfare program. Let's just stop with the "middle class aren't getting a tax cut" hogwash. This is yuuuuuge for most of the middle class.

so it's just a tax cut not redistribution of cash if the higher incomes get the break?  okay.

this conversations would probably go further if you didn't insist on labeling everybody's political party to discount their opinion.

Yes. I view allowing people to keep more of their own money as different from giving a "refund" to someone who already didn't owe any. But that's just me. I know liberal brains work differently. It's adorable.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 29, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
KSU-D, this thing specifically fucks you and (more importantly at least to me) your offspring. I know you're huge into the my team v. your team stuff but this is not a good idea for you personally and (don't get offended) you are by far the least altruistic person on this message board.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 29, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »
It Fs me super hard too right?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2017, 08:03:28 PM »
KSU-D, this thing specifically fucks you and (more importantly at least to me) your offspring. I know you're huge into the my team v. your team stuff but this is not a good idea for you personally and (don't get offended) you are by far the least altruistic person on this message board.

So I've actually done the math, and I do awesome. Thanks.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2017, 08:07:35 PM »
It Fs me super hard too right?
Not sure how it ended but the proposed plan favored pass through types.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-tax-bill-could-help-the-self-employed/

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

He would sell the US if he profits off of it, oh wait.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
I would take that

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
Is this thing going to be law?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
They're going to pass the crap out of this bill.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 29, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »

Quick question: why are you guys being such a-holes? Just general butthurt, or a more specific envy?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 29, 2017, 08:52:40 PM »

Yes. I view allowing people to keep more of their own money as different from giving a "refund" to someone who already didn't owe any. But that's just me. I know liberal brains work differently. It's adorable.

where is anybody wanting people that pay no taxes to pay MORE no taxes?  Don't be a dumb.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 29, 2017, 09:21:38 PM »
Maybe keep the estate tax and tweak the corporate rate enough to make that revenue-neutral.

eliminate the estate tax loopholes, get rid of taxes on c corps altogether and tax dividends and cap gains at the same rate as ordinary income.  pretty easy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

Quick question: why are you guys being such a-holes? Just general butthurt, or a more specific envy?

I said not to get offended

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2017, 12:58:48 AM »
OT THOUGHT EXPERIMENT:

what would k-s-u-w think of this IDENTICAL TAX PLAN if it were proposed by 3rd term president B. Obama and his democrat majority congress?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »
We max out our childcare reimbursement benefit every year so there goes like $5000.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2017, 07:50:52 AM »
I mean, could this tax bill be any more specifically designed to hurt middle class-upper middle class families?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »
$1.5 trillion NBD

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 30, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »
I mean, could this tax bill be any more specifically designed to hurt middle class-upper middle class families?

Give me a scenario where this hurts them. AGI, number of dependent kids, and current deductions and credits that are changing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »

The Senate plan is actually more generous for me. Didn't run it for lower incomes.

I re-ran the numbers for the scenarios I gave above using the Senate proposal. The only significant differences between House and Senate for purposes of my scenarios are (1) Senate provides a slightly larger CTC of $2,000, and (2) Senate's tax brackets are less progressive than the House.

For every scenario (100k AGI, 80k AGI, and 60k AGI, 3 kids versus 1 kid), the Senate tax cut is smaller by about 1/3. This is because, even though the Senate provides a larger CTC, the brackets are less progressive. By contrast, the Senate plan provides a more generous cut at higher AGIs.

Bracket comparisons for House and Senate are here: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/how-the-senate-and-house-tax-brackets-compare.html This is the only part of my math I didn't show but it's not hard to calculate.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »
Whatcha going to with all your extra money? Go hire an extra gardener? The poors need your trickle down you know.