Author Topic: Explain the "barstool sports" espn controversy to me  (Read 37492 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Explain the "barstool sports" espn controversy to me
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2021, 01:00:27 PM »
I'm not a stoolie like you've suggested in this thread. The most content I've seen from them is the pizza challenge and twitter content. I just think it's embarrassing how divided we are these days. Most people hate prez because he interviewed that orange dude and won't allow any positive news coming from his medium. That's all i'm getting at here. Many of the ppl who've criticized him in this thread, also lean a certain way. Most of their content is meant to be fun. That's all. People shove politics into everything these days.  :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2021, 01:07:03 PM »
Ah yes, people don't like a massive douchebag because he interviewed the president. That must be the reason.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2021, 01:11:04 PM »
Anyway, 420seriouscat69, have you seen the videos of him trashing kelce? Calls him a try-hard  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »
Anyway, 420seriouscat69, have you seen the videos of him trashing kelce? Calls him a try-hard  :curse:
He's a Patriots fan.  :dunno: I wouldn't take them too seriously. The K-State account is terrible tho. CanCo that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2021, 02:26:15 PM »
I'm not a stoolie like you've suggested in this thread. The most content I've seen from them is the pizza challenge and twitter content. I just think it's embarrassing how divided we are these days. Most people hate prez because he interviewed that orange dude and won't allow any positive news coming from his medium. That's all i'm getting at here. Many of the ppl who've criticized him in this thread, also lean a certain way. Most of their content is meant to be fun. That's all. People shove politics into everything these days.  :dunno:

Is a stoolie something more that someone who consumes and enjoys barstool? Because if that's all it is I'd hope you like barstool as much as you defend portnoy without anyone on here criticizing him, you and I really the only people who bump this thread.

I don't know if this was intentionally disingenuous, but Portnoy's polarization had literally nothing to do with that trump interview, literally nothing. This very thread was created before the trump interview. I don't even think the trump interview comes up if you Google Dave Portnoy controversies.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2021, 02:38:44 PM »

Is a stoolie something more that someone who consumes and enjoys barstool? Because if that's all it is I'd hope you like barstool as much as you defend portnoy without anyone on here criticizing him, you and I really the only people who bump this thread.

I don't know if this was intentionally disingenuous, but Portnoy's polarization had literally nothing to do with that trump interview, literally nothing. This very thread was created before the trump interview. I don't even think the trump interview comes up if you Google Dave Portnoy controversies.
TBT and Mocat brought them up as a slam in the movie thread over break. Only reason why I bumped this thread. It went down a short path. It's all good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2021, 06:40:25 PM »
Long story short, Dave Portnoy is a shitty dude doing a great thing for everyday Americans and that's great. There are Americans with a lot more money and time than Portnoy that aren't doing a damn thing to help anyone.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »
Well said, MIR.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2021, 10:29:24 AM »
TBT and Mocat brought them up as a slam in the movie thread over break. Only reason why I bumped this thread. It went down a short path. It's all good.

say what now

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
I'm never one to get into others pockets, but I feel Bezos is generally a terrible person and he's one to push for a large donation in movements like this? Could possibly gain some good will, even if it's with such a small percentage of small businesses?

Probably for another thread, but does he do good things? I don't know much about him but I have a decent amount of hate for him for some reason (without knowing any facts or knowledge of how he treats employees, or any philanthropic work he does).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2021, 12:59:07 PM »
I'm never one to get into others pockets, but I feel Bezos is generally a terrible person and he's one to push for a large donation in movements like this? Could possibly gain some good will, even if it's with such a small percentage of small businesses?

Probably for another thread, but does he do good things? I don't know much about him but I have a decent amount of hate for him for some reason (without knowing any facts or knowledge of how he treats employees, or any philanthropic work he does).

I don't know how he treats his immediate employees at the Amazon offices who interact with him regularly, I do know he treats his thousands of rank and file workers very poorly and unnecessarily so.

As for not knowing what he does philanthropically, that's very problematic as well. The genius of what Portnoy is doing is that he uses his influence to get others to donate as well, same concept with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He has the power to make substantive changes by giving and by using his influence to shine the light on organizations and other endeavors. His ex-wife is unintentionally, maybe intentionally embarrassing him, at the same time she's shining light on and causing people to have conversations about HCBUs.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2021, 03:06:50 PM »
How much of that fund is Portnoy going to grift away?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2021, 05:06:32 PM »
How much of that fund is Portnoy going to grift away?

It's not managed by him, it's managed by The 30 Day Fund. He's using the popularity of barstool to raise money for the 30 Day Fund.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »
Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2021, 05:33:54 PM »
eff this guy.

https://twitter.com/barstoolradio/status/915311832457531392?s=21

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:52 PM »
Uh oh! paging @420seriouscat69

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2021, 09:48:32 PM »
Did what?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »
It’s on this page... 2017 pats/gronk dude. Nothing to see here. Horrible, irrational sports guy take. Love it. Means he’s got to him because of winning. Kinda how you feel about Iowa State these days.

He's a Patriots fan.  :dunno: I wouldn't take them too seriously. The K-State account is terrible tho. CanCo that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2021, 10:35:13 PM »
Also, to be fair, Kelce was a giant douche, with no direction, before Reid told him to grow the eff up. He was producing, but going down a Marcus Peters path where everyone wanted to give him away, because of the locker room. He was doing a bunch of dumb crap back then. He finally put his head down and outplayed that shadow of his frat boy antics. Now it’s just endearing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2021, 12:24:09 AM »
It’s on this page... 2017 pats/gronk dude. Nothing to see here. Horrible, irrational sports guy take. Love it. Means he’s got to him because of winning. Kinda how you feel about Iowa State these days.

I hated them when they were crap and I'll hate them in 2022 when they're crap again.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »
 :cheers:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2021, 10:11:36 AM »
some local flavor

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1348657819361435655?s=20
I hate this because i want to love it but I can’t

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023