Author Topic: Sky's the Limit  (Read 80074 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's the Limit
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »
What a bizarre game Vandy was. Even knowing now that we weren’t good, it’s still just mind boggling.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
Vandy still ticks me off. My goodness what a pitiful offensive performance.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
Love the ability to keep play alive, but IMO, also needs to realize when to throw it away. Seems there was an few times where he took a sack or ran for a yard when the best option was to get rid of it. Sure this will come with experience.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, there have been several times he's make it go from 1st and 10 to 2nd and 11 by running out instead of just tossing it. Agree it'll come in time.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
At least move more toward the Waters version. Shouldn't be that hard.

The waters version still had him running it 154 times in 2014, good enough for 7th in the Big12 in rushing attempts.  :frown:

They need to move to the Chad May version. May was slow, but ran some here and there for a wrinkle. Good running back. Threw it all over the place. That was fun.

We've already got the stadium counting down the play clock like we did with May, might as well go all in.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2017, 05:33:45 PM »

Side note, I think Delton is done if you were to believe this post.

https://www.bringonthecats.com/k-state-slate/2017/11/27/16704440/kansas-state-wildcats-fans-schadenfreude-tennessee-volunteers-expense-john-currie-greg-schiano#454127097

"BlackCats" This
Rumor is he’s done, with an eye to come back as a GA ASAP
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:01:32 PM by WildcatPower »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
Damn. That sucks for Delton. Hope he doesn't have long term side effects from the concussions.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »
I think he's just smart enough to not put his future in unnecessary risk for at best a couple more college football seasons.  If he's really interested in coaching then showing that kind of judgment is a great start.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2017, 07:57:46 PM »
Agreed.  Happy for him, if true.

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »

https://www.bringonthecats.com/k-state-slate/2017/11/27/16704440/kansas-state-wildcats-fans-schadenfreude-tennessee-volunteers-expense-john-currie-greg-schiano#454127097

"BlackCats" This

If true, we have zero depth next year. I would think they would go try to find a juco QB if this is accurate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »

"BlackCats" This

If true, we have zero depth next year. I would think they would go try to find a juco QB if this is accurate.

Don't we have one commit and a juco target already? Might look to land a grad transfer as well.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »

"BlackCats" This

Don't we have one commit and a juco target already? Might look to land a grad transfer as well.

We do.  Commit is John Holcombe.  Not sure about the juco recruit though.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »
Unfortunate but I can see why he'd make that choice.  Would be great to see him play elsewhere on the field - but not at the risk of long term health.

Startin to feel little like 2015 again.  Just hope we don't lose Skylar on the first snap of the season...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
Looks like Sammy Wheeler might be our backup next  year.  :horrorsurprise:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
the Holcombe kid is huge, like 6-4 235 or something stupid

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2017, 08:42:27 AM »
Looks like Sammy Wheeler might be our backup next  year.  :horrorsurprise:
If this is true, this will be our backup for now, assuming they red shirt Holcombe and we get no other additions.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/sammy-wheeler-181942

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sky's the Limit
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Very good nickname possibilities for Slingin’ Sammy / Wheels. Very excited for the future.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
Next year will be interesting with the QB depth. It was re-iterated to me yesterday from someone who watched on the field daily that Sky was the best QB on the team from day 1 and just needed a chance. This is not news. It's just that everyone knew it, whether you were a janitor, a player, a coach, or a  whatever.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
Could finally break out the Secret Sammy offensive package in mop up duty.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
Next year will be interesting with the QB depth. It was re-iterated to me yesterday from someone who watched on the field daily that Sky was the best QB on the team from day 1 and just needed a chance. This is not news. It's just that everyone knew it, whether you were a janitor, a player, a coach, or a  whatever.

We've seen enough to know that Sky is far and away the most talented passer we had, the quarterback best suited to move the ball most efficiently. I think we also know that he was the third best quarterback when it comes to game management, which is obviously no surprise. He's also the third best runner. Given he's the third best game manager and the third best runner, it really shouldn't surprise anyone that this staff didn't hold his ability in the passing game in the same regard as the other stuff.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:13 AM »
Qb depth is definitely a concern after what we've experienced 2 out of the past 3 seasons. I mean MIR's man Hall saw a meaningful snap at a crucial time at OSU this year. I just hope we can keep Sky healthy next year.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
It's not like they asked Sky to do much designed running. It's possible he's a better runner than what we've been led to believe. They clearly didn't want him getting banged up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
It's not like they asked Sky to do much designed running. It's possible he's a better runner than what we've been led to believe. They clearly didn't want him getting banged up.

He has 64 rushing attempts what amounts to 4 and a quarter games. In those 4.25 games he has more attempts than Warmack and Silmon and only ONE less than Sisco. Let that sit in. Not only does he has only one less rush than Sisco in much less playing time, but most of these rush attempts came with no backup. He's run far far far too much, and definitely enough to know he's far and away the third best runner.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »
To be fair, quite a few of his rush attempts are him taking off when the pocket breaks down. IMO he often tucks and runs a little early, but that isn't a surprise for a younger guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
To be fair, quite a few of his rush attempts are him taking off when the pocket breaks down. IMO he often tucks and runs a little early, but that isn't a surprise for a younger guy.

True but it isn't like Sisco and Delton were throwing balls away either. It's pretty clear these guys are instructed to avoid that. Remember how frustrating it was when Klein would hold the ball in the pocket for what seemed like 20 minutes?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
I have noticed that thompson, in particular, more than Ertz, Waters, or Klein, has an aversion to throwing the ball away.  I agree with _fan:  it looks to me like inexperience.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]