Author Topic: Vegas shooting  (Read 32471 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas shooting
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »
The fact that you can pay a fee to not take off your shoes really just shows that nobody really needs to. It's all a show to make people feel safe.

You pay the fee for the background check.

That "background check" is a total joke (much like gun checks, apparently).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2017, 08:59:31 AM »
Details are starting to trickle out about this guy, and how meticulously he prepared and pulled this off. It doesn't point to any mental illness, other than perhaps extreme narcissism. But there's still no word on motive. No manifesto. No social media postings. Not even a note. Bizarre. What if the guy just woke up one day, looked at his booze soaked, gambling addicted, depressing life and thought "eff it, I bet I could do this"?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
Details are starting to trickle out about this guy, and how meticulously he prepared and pulled this off. It doesn't point to any mental illness, other than perhaps extreme narcissism. But there's still no word on motive. No manifesto. No social media postings. Not even a note. Bizarre. What if the guy just woke up one day, looked at his booze soaked, gambling addicted, depressing life and thought "eff it, I bet I could do this"?

Well, that combined with just happening to have an arsenal of weapons modified to fire automatically is a pretty bad combo then.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »
I need an AR 15 to defend my house from people who may want to steal my iPad and stuff
Like 30 people.
The .223/5.56 ammo is terrible for home defense. At close range the round is too small and traveling at such velocity it just zips right through people not inflicting much damage. It was actually designed for war in eastern Europe where shooting would be done at range. 100m plus when the bullet impacts its target it tumbles causing much more damage. Soldiers in Vietnam hated the round because it would go right through guys and they would keep running. They much preferred their old M1 that used a .30 caliber round.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
The fact that you can pay a fee to not take off your shoes really just shows that nobody really needs to. It's all a show to make people feel safe.

If a guy who didn't have a criminal record wanted to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb, he'd be paying to not have to take his shoes off.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »

If a guy who didn't have a criminal record wanted to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb, he'd be paying to not have to take his shoes off.

tons of those

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
Would you say that the AR-15 is designed "purely to kill people"? Any moreso than other guns?

Just take the L. I'm pretty sure when they were designing the AR15 to market and sell to soldiers in Vietnam they weren't looking into Coyote shooting applications.

Lol ok bub. You still haven't answered why the AR-15 is designed "purely to kill people" and more than any other gun. You keep pointing to... marketing or something?

I would suggest that since Eugene Stoner developed it specifically as an adaptation of the AR-10 in a .223 caliber at the request of the US military specifically to meet minimum depth of penetration requirements put forth by the Army would be the explanation you are looking for here.

So the that makes the AR-15 purely designed for killing people? And that's different than many other guns? I hate to keep beating a dead horse here, but this is such a simple point and you guys are so stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that was a dumb thing to say.

Early Shotguns were often called "fowling pieces" and designed specifically for aristocracy to shoot birds with

which to me would indicate a purpose other than the death of humans.

that would be a difference
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:05:35 AM by LickNeckey »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »
Paddock's brother interviewed a second time. Bizarre interview.

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-brother-of-las-vegas-gunman-stephen-paddock-speaks-for-a-second-time/
He knew. I wanna play poker with that guy.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-brother-of-las-vegas-gunman-stephen-paddock-speaks-for-a-second-time/

Pretty sure that whole family is batshit crazy.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »

Take Eric Paddock's guns away immediately.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
What is a militia weapon?

I may be getting this wrong but I made sure to read ahead to make sure it wasn't addressed already.

The idea here (in my understanding) is that the citizenry has the ability to gather as a militia to a) defend themselves against a foreign enemy if your national military is compromised or b) against our national military if the federal government is compromised.

There is a fear among conservative minded people of a future federally controlled state where guns are made illegal thus allowing a totalitarian take over without resistance. I know several people who view gun rights as our nations ability to keep the federal government from considering blatant overreach.

I don't personally believe that some of the measures we have discussed here would lead to making gun ownership illegal, but as with many single issue people they see a "slippery slope" where letting up an inch will eventually mean giving up guns all together. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
People that believe that shouldn't be allowed to have guns
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »

I may be getting this wrong but I made sure to read ahead to make sure it wasn't addressed already.

The idea here (in my understanding) is that the citizenry has the ability to gather as a militia to a) defend themselves against a foreign enemy if your national military is compromised or b) against our national military if the federal government is compromised.

There is a fear among conservative minded people of a future federally controlled state where guns are made illegal thus allowing a totalitarian take over without resistance. I know several people who view gun rights as our nations ability to keep the federal government from considering blatant overreach.

I don't personally believe that some of the measures we have discussed here would lead to making gun ownership illegal, but as with many single issue people they see a "slippery slope" where letting up an inch will eventually mean giving up guns all together. 

Well said. The last sentence is really the main basis for where the NRA takes their stance.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
So militia weapons, like AR are kept to kill people.  Ty

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »

what is logically confounding is that the same people that argue the 2nd amendment is necessary to protect against a tyrannical gov't also support arming a 2 billion dollar a day military that they could never protect themselves from

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:23 PM »

what is logically confounding is that the same people that argue the 2nd amendment is necessary to protect against a tyrannical gov't also support arming a 2 billion dollar a day military that they could never protect themselves from

yep
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
We have bought invisible jets for Christ sakes

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
I'm assuming none of you fellas have seen the original Red Dawn...

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »

The more likely thing is that the people who truly want to defend against tyranny at home are not the same people who want to protect us from harm abroad with a massive military. A constitutionalist libertarian is generally against foreign war/foreign interference all together (see Ron and Rand Paul).

I believe that more than one large group of individuals use this as an argument because it does have basis in constitutional law, but don't actually believe it. They truly want to have guns for the kicks (it looks cool and feels cool to own/shoot badass weaponry) and often to defend against other groups that are different from them (by race, religious views, and/or political views).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »

Like a million times

And all of the Wolverines were killed

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

Like a million times

And all of the Wolverines were killed

I remember so sad when C Thomas Howell's character died. He was my favorite.

And the son of the mayor that was a traitor made me really mad.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »

He definitely doesn't appear to be the most stable at this time.....
@mikec2w

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »
Just a thought, but why don't we outlaw cars, trucks, or anything that can run over people.  I mean, crap people run over people all the time; where's the outrage.  :th_twocents:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »

He definitely doesn't appear to be the most stable at this time.....
Would you?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.