Author Topic: Vegas shooting  (Read 32361 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas shooting
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »
the police said something about a tool being used to make semi-auto guns automatic rather than the true method of shaving the receiver down(idk how to manipulate the receiver but i know someone who has done it to some FALs)

here is something called bump fire: https://youtu.be/U7DTjSla-O8?t=7 check out the magazines and what's going on at 3:20, fellow americans

this rough ridin' mechanism is worse:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:40:25 PM by bubbles4ksu »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »
No offense, but these are platitudes and bromides. If you have a specific gun control mental health measure to suggest, or want to discuss somebody else's specific proposal, let's do that. Anybody can say "let's all work together for sensible gun control" "let's all work together for sensible ways to address mental health." It's the specific policy that actually requires some thought even one iota of intent to actually address mental health. And it is particularly hard to make such a proposal in the wake of this tragedy before we have any idea what weapons he used or how he got them because conservatives don't actually give a crap about addressing mental health, they just want a way to deflect from the fact that they're okay with mass shootings if they can still hold big guns that make them feel like their dicks are less small.

fyp
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »
the police said something about a tool being used to make semi-auto guns automatic rather than the true method of shaving the receiver down(idk how to manipulate the receiver but i know someone who has done it to some FALs)

here is something called bump fire: https://youtu.be/U7DTjSla-O8?t=7 check out the magazines and what's going on at 3:20, fellow americans

My God. Why? What purpose?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2017, 10:58:23 PM »
Will be interesting to see what this Republican congress puts up to answer those questions KSUW.

Nice dodge.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »
I think all of you are children for arguing over politics when a crap ton of families just had their entire lives changed.  Grow up, idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
unexpected post right here.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »
No offense, but these are platitudes and bromides. If you have a specific gun control mental health measure to suggest, or want to discuss somebody else's specific proposal, let's do that. Anybody can say "let's all work together for sensible gun control" "let's all work together for sensible ways to address mental health." It's the specific policy that actually requires some thought even one iota of intent to actually address mental health. And it is particularly hard to make such a proposal in the wake of this tragedy before we have any idea what weapons he used or how he got them because conservatives don't actually give a crap about addressing mental health, they just want a way to deflect from the fact that they're okay with mass shootings if they can still hold big guns that make them feel like their dicks are less small.

fyp

i agree with you that mental health is often the underlying problem, and will continue being the underlying problem no matter what new gun laws are passed. But I think it's unfair to say that conservatives don't really care about mental health. What do you want to do about it? Dramatically increase the number of involuntary commitments? Sounds like you've got the answer to these problems, so by all means share what we should do if only for those jerkface republicans.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2017, 11:08:53 PM »

it's pretty rough ridin' stupid. i didn't know anything like that existed. i thought it took some gunsmithing knowledge to be able to do that.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2017, 11:10:59 PM »
Broken record thread, I've read all this a dozen times, good grief.  Same dudes everytime.  I could write this script myself for fucks sake.  We know what you guys think already.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2017, 11:11:51 PM »
Broken record board really.....

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:47 PM »
tubesock, i know you're kinda weird so i don't want to stretch your brainlet out of its comfort zone, but i think your attitude is the broken record in need of fixing

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2017, 11:24:51 PM »
Will be interesting to see what this Republican congress puts up to answer those questions KSUW.

Nice dodge.

By suggesting there should be an expectation that the party currently in control of congress and the executive branch should be responsible for addressing serious issues that everyone agrees exist?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »
There is no party in charge the Dons and the 'cains are split

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »
There was a party in charge not to long ago tho, but they chose to eff up your health insurance instead.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2017, 11:56:42 PM »
I think all of you are children for arguing over politics when a crap ton of families just had their entire lives changed.  Grow up, idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
unexpected post right here.

It's like he completely forgot the only thing that's memorable about him here. Well the dead people stuff and him bitching about the content of movies he took his kids too.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:09 AM »
Why?  This guy had been planning this. Ironic and odd it happened the day OJ was released. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2017, 06:38:31 AM »
it's totally possible that OJ was the real shooter, he staged this patsy suicide at the scene and escaped unnoticed. good thinking reno

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »
1. Man had serious mental issues
2. Probably fueled by what he read on social media/interweb.  Rage is where it's at.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »

killing people

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »
Look, I get that there are a massive amount of guns and types of guns out there, so there will be extreme difficulty in legislation. However, it seems logical to me that high caliber weapons that are semi automatic, have large ammunition cartridges/clips, and are simply designed and built to mow down mass amounts of people would be a sensible start. The fact that 59 people are dead and 527 are injured in a very short amount of time would lead me to believe that he wasn't using a bolt action .22 or a 12 gauge shot gun. It doesn't take a ton of logic to imagine the type of weapon that was used to accomplish such carnage, especially after hearing the bursts on the videos. I don't need to know the make and model honestly.
What is you plan on the millions of these are out in the public?
Most are legally not registered nor is there a computer data base of serial numbers from the original sale (congress wouldnt allow it). If you propose legislation the will flood the market witht them prior to the ban (see clinton era) thus driving the price down and putting them in even more unstable peoples hands.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »
Regulate bullets.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2017, 08:51:15 AM »
Regulate bullets.
Most serious gun people make their own.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2017, 09:08:27 AM »
Look, I get that there are a massive amount of guns and types of guns out there, so there will be extreme difficulty in legislation. However, it seems logical to me that high caliber weapons that are semi automatic, have large ammunition cartridges/clips, and are simply designed and built to mow down mass amounts of people would be a sensible start. The fact that 59 people are dead and 527 are injured in a very short amount of time would lead me to believe that he wasn't using a bolt action .22 or a 12 gauge shot gun. It doesn't take a ton of logic to imagine the type of weapon that was used to accomplish such carnage, especially after hearing the bursts on the videos. I don't need to know the make and model honestly.
Most are legally not registered nor is there a computer data base of serial numbers from the original sale (congress wouldnt allow it). If you propose legislation the will flood the market witht them prior to the ban (see clinton era) thus driving the price down and putting them in even more unstable peoples hands.

Yeah, I don't have the answer. I've never been an anti-gun guy, my father and brother both have lots of guns. I've shot them and enjoyed it.

But I see these types of shootings with these types of guns and think we've got to start to do something to make them more difficult to get. Like you said, the problem is that there are already tons of them out there and they aren't hard to get, I'm not sure how we reverse the trend in this country while also addressing mental health, "terrorist causes", and the other issues that cause people to break and act.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »
I rough ridin' hate guns. Dad forced me to do hunters safety as a kid and bought me a shotgun for my 12th bday after I asked him not to. I get that hunting can be a bonding thing, but some people have a super weird obsession with guns.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »

Yeah, I don't have the answer. I've never been an anti-gun guy, my father and brother both have lots of guns. I've shot them and enjoyed it.

But I see these types of shootings with these types of guns and think we've got to start to do something to make them more difficult to get. Like you said, the problem is that there are already tons of them out there and they aren't hard to get, I'm not sure how we reverse the trend in this country while also addressing mental health, "terrorist causes", and the other issues that cause people to break and act.

Exactly. I don't have the answer, either, but I'm interested to consider suggestions.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2017, 09:18:04 AM »
I rough ridin' hate guns. Dad forced me to do hunters safety as a kid and bought me a shotgun for my 12th bday after I asked him not to. I get that hunting can be a bonding thing, but some people have a super weird obsession with guns.

I don't own guns and I don't hunt. Hunting seems like the absolute worst - trudging around through a field or sitting in a stand, usually in cold weather, waiting to kill an animal. But I've gone target shooting before and it is a LOT of fun.