Author Topic: Anyone Wanna Take Bets On Who Is Going To Jail Today?  (Read 57648 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Wanna Take Bets On Who Is Going To Jail Today?
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »
That's a very proactive Roy "I'm not recruiting that kid . . . anymore" Williams style statement by KU.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »
More South Carolina mentions in this yahoo article.. yikes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fbi-brings-armageddon-college-basketball-just-tip-iceberg-184524346.html

Also in the crossfire is so-called “University 2,” which in the complaints is described in a way that resembles the University of South Carolina and only the University of South Carolina – “a public research university located in South Carolina … with over 30,000 students …”

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
Do people even buy basketball shoes based off of player branding anymore, other than LeBron and KD?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 04:09:48 PM »
 :lol: At people that buy basketball shoes, if you aren't getting them free from your aau program, you don't need'em
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »
:lol: At people that buy basketball shoes, if you aren't getting them free from your aau program, you don't need'em

What a weird standard
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 04:56:06 PM »
Seems pretty pro-entitlements

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 04:56:23 PM »
Also can we get pitino?   :crossfingers:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »
Wait 'till Andrew Wiggans finds out he could have got 100k to go to Louisville.........

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »
Wait 'till Andrew Wiggans finds out he could have got 100k to go to Louisville.........
  Are you sure that would not have been a pay cut.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »

Words of a fat, lazy, middle aged man

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »

Less than he got

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 09:11:38 PM »
Lol at Bilas who was ESPNU radio trying to say this series of episodes wasn't being (at least) partially driven by one and done culture.  Knowing full well that his school is in the thick of one and done. 

No fucks given if I sound like a tuck in re: Bilas.  I'm getting tired of that dudes shtick while he's drawing a paycheck from (a grumbling) empire that made it's bones on college athletics and drove the business that is modern college athletics. 

eff that guy

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 09:53:46 PM »

Less than he got

Can't get anything past you

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »
Two schemes: financial adviser scheme, and Adidas scheme. USC, Arizona, OKst, and Auburn assistant coaches charged. L'ville personnel not criminally charged, but affidavits reveal information that will probably lead to heavy NCAA sanctions against them.

As interesting as this all is (for BB fans) I'm sort of curious if there's any related activities within other areas of the respective Athletic Departments.  Ok St in particular interests me.  Wasn't that long ago that the SI expose (maybe hit piece, maybe before its time  :dunno:) leveled a bunch of accusations on Gundy's grundle.

One thing's for sure, it's gonna be a good time for the lucky schools (and fans) not directly implicated.
 :Woot:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
Lol at Bilas who was ESPNU radio trying to say this series of episodes wasn't being (at least) partially driven by one and done culture.  Knowing full well that his school is in the thick of one and done. 

No fucks given if I sound like a tuck in re: Bilas.  I'm getting tired of that dudes shtick while he's drawing a paycheck from (a grumbling) empire that made it's bones on college athletics and drove the business that is modern college athletics. 

eff that guy

WTF? You think people wouldn't cheat and funnel money if college basketball didn't have the NBA's one and done rule? I remember when there wasn't a one and done rule and there were lots of cheating ass coaches, right spracs?

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »

Sadly the tard fans will give this as validation for keeping Oscar and his clean ways.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 12:35:41 AM »

eff that guy

WTF? You think people wouldn't cheat and funnel money if college basketball didn't have the NBA's one and done rule? I remember when there wasn't a one and done rule and there were lots of cheating ass coaches, right spracs?
What part of "partially" is confusing? How about the caveat of "this series of episodes" (which clearly indicates that there's many other forms of cheating and incidents of cheating)?   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:39:21 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:01 AM »

Sadly the tard fans will give this as validation for keeping Oscar and his clean ways.

It has already started. Yet there are plenty of clean coaches that have managed to make it to the round of 32 at least once in the last 5 years and not lose a team 3 out of those 5. I would love for those people trashing Frank and Brad now to try to say that to anyone's face Saturday.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2017, 04:51:04 AM »

It has already started. Yet there are plenty of clean coaches that have managed to make it to the round of 32 at least once in the last 5 years and not lose a team 3 out of those 5. I would love for those people trashing Frank and Brad now to try to say that to anyone's face Saturday.
I won't ca too many coaches dirty as it implies you can actually pin something on them, but sleazy yes.  Unfortunately it appears to be successful you have to crawl into the sewers.  You want to stop this then ban recruitment of any player who does AAU.  Use HD again.  If there is a rush to find clean coaches, then that increases the odds of Oscar being snagged from us.  If he had a level recruiting field he might not do so crappy.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 06:25:16 AM »
It happens in many places. Even my D3 baseball playing friend got under the table stuff.

His dad was a state champ high school football coach in Ohio. All kinds of goodies flying there. Never any $100K stories though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:53 AM »
I'm still not clear what is federally illegal here. Against ncaa rules sure, but, were any public officials bribed?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:37 AM »
Read the press release that I linked. Charges are listed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »

eff that guy

What part of "partially" is confusing? How about the caveat of "this series of episodes" (which clearly indicates that there's many other forms of cheating and incidents of cheating)?

You seem to be confused by the word partially, not me. I'm confused as to how you can attribute any of this to one and dones, if it was happening before that was enacted.
Vaccaro: Apparel company schemes nothing new http://es.pn/2wV0oUR
I look forward to how you're going to call Sonny Vaccaro wrong to justify your rant against lib Bilas

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »

eff that guy

You seem to be confused by the word partially, not me. I'm confused as to how you can attribute any of this to one and dones, if it was happening before that was enacted.
Vaccaro: Apparel company schemes nothing new http://es.pn/2wV0oUR
I look forward to how you're going to call Sonny Vaccaro wrong to justify your rant against lib Bilas

There's also a newer pronounced element of "investment" in one and doners by outside parties, because they know they're going to get a quick return on their dime.   You seemed to be confused by what you said.  You implied that I am saying the only thing driving corruption (both in the past, now and in the future)in college basketball is one and done's.   Which is not what I said nor even implied.   The shoe companies have been up to shenanigans since before you were born, everyone already understands this.   But there were also sports agent firms raided by the FBI and people at that/those agencies arrested.   Agents have clearly always been a problem, but now they are doubling and tripling down because they're not waiting multiple years to make bank on some of these guys.  In fact, in some cases, they're making bank in 8 months.   

Had you heard the interview, Bilas pretty much dismissed the one and done element (element, not the entire issue) straight out, which is bullshit.   IMO he's doing that because Coach K is all-in on potential one and done recruits.    Jay has a bad habit of pointing fingers everywhere else in college athletics, but going radio silence on his alma mater, who pays its b-ball coach $5 million plus dollars a year, and just spent hundreds of millions of dollars on athletic facilities, after just spending hundreds of millions dollars on athletic facilities a few years ago.   Jay's "There's never enough money" Tweets are always pointing out big expenditures, big contracts and fancy facilities every where else, but not surprisingly, that never includes Duke.    Coach K is in national corporate advertising campaigns, and has always been one of Nike's top guys.  So Jay's hero is all-in on the big money element of college athletics, but you'll never hear that from Jay Bilas.