Author Topic: It's Time  (Read 14230 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
lololololol @ the Urban comparison. Part of the reason nobody's calling for those heads, btw, is the coaching staffs on those teams aren't nursing homes
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2017, 08:49:52 PM »
Go knockout a few renocat posts and you will feel right as rain.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:38 PM »
The upper echelon of mediocrity is really all we can expect as k-staters. I would like to hear how we plan to deal with the 80 year old dude making recruiting visits and the "Are you going to live til Im a SR?" argument.

Probably the same way he's dealt with it since 2009. He didn't get old yesterday. What the hell is your point? We're getting more talent now than we've had in the last 15 years.

"more talent now than we've had in the last 15 years." Hilarious. Where are these best in 15 year talents? I want some of what you're smoking. What impact are these top talents having? It's the same ol Snyder song and dance only the song sucks and the tempo is 1/2 of what it was. THe song has always gone sorta like this...  (1) Coach em up. (2) Pluck the juco retards and hope for the best [e.g keep them out of jail and enrolled] and (3) play crappy non con schedule and hope to win.

I usually dont argue with this philosophy because there has never been a season since 1992 (or ever) where if we didnt win our games we wouldn't be natl champs. Right now we're not seeing any of the three with any level of success.

To pile on further, the Big XII is in dire straits and the competition in the last 2-3 years has been lower than ever. If the BIG XII would have stayed healthy over the past several years, this Snyder conversation would be WAY past due by now and Snyder is likely home sipping Ensure and yelling for a pants change.

Snyder's song is old and the only reason to keep him around is sentimentality. Great guy, awesome success story -- but, sentimentality does not win football games and certainly doesnt win championships.

It only took 2 days to identify the pivot man on this circle jerk website. MakeItRain. Perfect name.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
oh, jesus eff, just hire sean.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »
We return basically every player next year, except Ertz, so be positive
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2017, 11:42:07 PM »
lololololol @ the Urban comparison. Part of the reason nobody's calling for those heads, btw, is the coaching staffs on those teams aren't nursing homes
The three day meltdown is a little melodramatic.  Boo-hoo, we lost a game we should've won.  Let's fire/force-out our hall of fame head coach! 

Bottom line is, Snyder is going out on his terms whether any of us like it or not.  We can either grumble and scream at nobody who's listening calling for his head, or sit back and enjoy the twilight of Snyder's career for better or worse.  The choice is obvious for any true cat fan <--- not gE'ing btw.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:49:18 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2017, 06:17:45 AM »
The good news for you guys is we've got a bye this week, so the meltdown will last two weeks. Minimum. Still kinda melting down about the epic TCU collapse of a few years ago.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:20:08 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »
Bottom line is, Snyder is going out on his terms whether any of us like it or not.  We can either grumble and scream at nobody who's listening calling for his head, or sit back and enjoy the twilight of Snyder's career for better or worse.  The choice is obvious for any true cat fan <--- not gE'ing btw.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »
This site has now replaced gpc as the 'don't ever question LHC Bill Snyder' message board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »
This site has now replaced gpc as the 'don't ever question LHC Bill Snyder' message board.

And don't you forget it.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
we won our previous 6 games before Saturday, if we keep playing like we did in Nashville then yeah bitch about it, but some of you act like this has been going on for years.  this team will get better, which you'd know is most usually the case under Snyder teams, unless you just started watching K-State football 4 days ago.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »

Well, there's truth to it, so yeah. It's an educated and sane take, unlike "Off with his head!" after one lil stumble.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

Well, there's truth to it, so yeah. It's an educated and sane take, unlike "Off with his head!" after one lil stumble.

It's ok to criticize him. LHC Bill Snyder will never win a national championship. He isn't winning another conference championship. Will we make a conference championship appearance under Snyder? Probably not.

The thought that 'he built it, he can do what he wants' is absurd and always has been.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
He built he can do what he wants. to a certain extent. off with okcats head

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2017, 09:35:05 AM »
Things that okcat mentioned above would have never happened here without Snyder and we would never have been able to set these expectations without him either. Pretty much a double edged sword. I don't gaf if i'm a tuck in this category. Also, the notion he won't win another Big 12 title is pretty silly, since we haven't lost a conference game yet.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »
the idea that we lost one game on the road to a P5 team by one score when when couldn't do anything on offense, had uncharacteristic turnovers, and had 2 TD's called back and now it's burn it down mode is so rough ridin' dumb and a pretty bad look for people still melting down 4 days later about it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2017, 09:38:44 AM »
the idea that we lost one game on the road to a P5 team by one score when when couldn't do anything on offense, had uncharacteristic turnovers, and had 2 TD's called back and now it's burn it down mode is so rough ridin' dumb and a pretty bad look for people still melting down 4 days later about it.
This guy gets it!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:59:17 AM by WackyCat08 »

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »

get ok cat a body bag.

The Big Train

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
It's time we get okcat a picture with some Vandy cheerleaders to cheer him up

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2017, 10:44:34 AM »
We get beat by a combined 110-14 to the Oklahoma schools this season. But we're cool with that because he won the conference in 2003

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2017, 10:46:18 AM »
We get beat by a combined 110-14 to the Oklahoma schools this season. But we're cool with that because he won the conference in 2003

You're losing it, man.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
35-7 man  :ksu:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2017, 10:51:52 AM »
Weirdly positive posts from m^2 ITT.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
I'm with ok cat, championship coaches are mind numbingly easy to find so we should kick snyder into the pit from 300
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »
What we have here is a good ole fashioned "what are the best type of fan expectations" off.