Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 145503 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I get that they make like $9k a year so not hatin’. Happy to have as many outlets that can outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
You can swing a dead wildcat without hitting an outlet at this point.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
He’s heading up the KSU on3 site and Mason Voth is coming back to run the Rivals site.
Interesting! Have not seen anything about Mason taking over rivals. That's a great acquisition.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I get that they make like $9k a year so not hatin’. Happy to have as many outlets that can outlet.

Turns out Terry Pierce didn’t know what he was talking about
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He’s heading up the KSU on3 site and Mason Voth is coming back to run the Rivals site.
Interesting! Have not seen anything about Mason taking over rivals. That's a great acquisition.

I don’t think it’s official but he quit his job at KSGO in Wichita today and I’m speculating.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

I sent the new site the traditional welcome.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I sent the new site the traditional welcome.
:cool:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I don’t think it’s official but he quit his job at KSGO in Wichita today and I’m speculating.

It's official now. The rivals sure is more called EMAWonline and Mason is the managing editor. The Nebraska guy is no longer the publisher, it's now a lady from LSU. The two writers that work for Mason are two dudes I've never heard of, one from the Illinois rivals site and the other from the Arizona State rivals site.

Yahoo still have the nerve to charge $10 a month or $100 a year for this brand new site, with all of the writers new to the beat. They're rough ridin' ridiculous.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile

It's official now. The rivals sure is more called EMAWonline and Mason is the managing editor. The Nebraska guy is no longer the publisher, it's now a lady from LSU. The two writers that work for Mason are two dudes I've never heard of, one from the Illinois rivals site and the other from the Arizona State rivals site.

Yahoo still have the nerve to charge $10 a month or $100 a year for this brand new site, with all of the writers new to the beat. They're rough ridin' ridiculous.

Mason is a great dude and great writer. I hope he has nothing but success with this group.

Pricing is absurd as it always has been.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:38:13 PM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This Julie lady from the LSU site seems like a polished journo, must have been pretty slim pickings to get a recognizable kstate dude that would take the bait and be the token face of the site.  I just don’t see it with Mason, maybe in like 10 years, but he is not ready to run that site IMO.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This Julie lady from the LSU site seems like a polished journo, must have been pretty slim pickings to get a recognizable kstate dude that would take the bait and be the token face of the site.  I just don’t see it with Mason, maybe in like 10 years, but he is not ready to run that site IMO.

I don't think he's much younger than Derek Young was when he took over KSO. The salary of that job doesn't lend to getting a seasoned journo. Mason went to j school and he already has contacts with the department, in the SIDs office, and he has friends on the beat. He'll be fine.

The biggest piece of this that shocks me is how shitty the pay must be a KGSO. I knew Steckline Communications didn't pay jack crap, but damn.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Went to cancel my rivals sub and they offered me 5 months free. lmao.

At least they don't make you call a 1-800-number anymore.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
the message board on the new rivals site is called "The Cat Cave"
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
the message board on the new rivals site is called "The Cat Cave"

Oh, they’re def getting sued now hahahaha.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile

I don't think he's much younger than Derek Young was when he took over KSO. The salary of that job doesn't lend to getting a seasoned journo. Mason went to j school and he already has contacts with the department, in the SIDs office, and he has friends on the beat. He'll be fine.

The biggest piece of this that shocks me is how shitty the pay must be a KGSO. I knew Steckline Communications didn't pay jack crap, but damn.

This was exactly my first thought. I knew he wasn't rich but he had the main sports morning show in a decent sized city. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It’s not really his age more of how casual he is.  Reminds of Grand Flanders, good reporter but doesn’t feel like he’s got the ambition or drive to run the whole thing. Maybe I’m wrong we will find out soon enough.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Was Matt Hall not available?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don’t get it, is this satire?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
I don’t get it, is this satire?

just Fitz's attempt at humor
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh thought tater was insinuating something ominous, just normal dumbass Fitz

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Trying to be Wendy's.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Fitz hosted a GPC Twitter Space tonight on KSU recruiting which essentially was a sales pitch for their 75% sub sale. Had 100+ listeners including Tang and Braet so it funny listening Wallace and Gilbert talk about them while they're in the room.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I like reading Wallace’s stuff

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kellis' picks suck