Author Topic: Ben Sasse  (Read 22161 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Sasse
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2021, 11:46:59 AM »
king

https://twitter.com/OWHnews/status/1344997301593530368
“... And it is with a very heavy heart that I must join them due to my own totally defensible and legitimate reasons which just so happen to align with the bad guys this one time”

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2021, 02:21:59 PM »
pretty mumped up and stupid, nebraska.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1346525695879614467
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2021, 02:29:04 PM »
I would love to hear the rationale behind that decision.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »

Sadly, it's what his most ardent constituents want to hear.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2021, 02:46:39 PM »
He probably overheard a couple of his constituents talking about all of those damned illegals getting the vaccine before them when he was buying groceries at Walmart, and thought to himself "You know what? That is pretty messed up. Washington may not give a hoot about these honest, hard working Nebraskans, but I do."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2021, 08:21:00 PM »

You'd love to hear the made up rationale or the actual reason, because I'm certain you know the actual reason.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:33 PM »
If you don’t vaccinate them, you can blame them for spreading the disease in NE.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2021, 07:53:27 PM »
First time hearing the Sasseman talk live

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2021, 07:54:01 PM »
He just said "...kickin hitler's ass or goin to the moon!"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
He just said "...kickin hitler's ass or goin to the moon!"

yeah, he's "the man"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »
I'm going to personally have to learn myself up on some french anarchy but overall well done king

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »

I thought it should have come with the "tries too hard to be edgy" tag that okcat used to have under his name on here.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »
I'm going to personally have to learn myself up on some french anarchy but overall well done king

Listen to Mike Duncan's Revolution's podcast. It goes through a lot of em (not just French) but the French particular ones are the 3rd Series (French Revolution), Series 6, France's June Rebellion 1832, Series 7: 1848 (though mostly all Europe but France is of course involved), Series 8: Second French Empire. They are involved in a lot of it, and yes, taking to the barricades is like their reflexive way of getting things done. In fact if you look at well, anytime they are pissed, they build barricades, it's kinda touching how traditional they are in their revolutionary angst.

On a side note, he's got 10 series/chapter, whatever, with some of those revolutions taking as many as 45 episodes, but all still good. Yes, he also covers the American Revolution, it's series 2, but the kinda sucky thing about it is that it's very short, like 15 episodes, and not that he hates that revolution or whatever, just his original goal was to try to keep things at like 15ish episodes a revolution, then he hit the French one right after, realized, holy crap, this is a lot, and just said eff it, I'll make as many as I need for each revolution (so that June Rebellion one is actually also short, but in depth, like 10 episodes, where 1848 and the French Revolution, are in the 40s/50s, and his current one the Russian, will probably end in the 90s.)

Also, there are two Revolutions in there worth listening to, Series 4, the Haitian with a lot on Toussant L'Overture, and Series 5, Gran Colombia, with Simon Boliver as those are simply not talked about as much, and the Haitian revolution is now his basically favorite and most real one, as it was literal slaves settings themselves free. But they're all good. Mexico is in there too, but I kinda found it boring.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
cfbHISTORYman  :love:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
Damn. Five years of history podcasts. I'm set for a while.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2021, 09:40:57 AM »
someone from my hometown shared this big Sasse-energy post from a KS rep:

Rep. Mark Samsel, Kansas House District 5

Absolutely horrifying. Watching today's scenes brings tears to my eyes. It sickens me to the core. It is un-American.
QUIT DEMONIZING AMERICANS. QUIT DEMONIZING DEMOCRATS. QUIT DEMONIZING REPUBLICANS. QUIT TEARING APART THE INSTITUTIONS AND PEOPLE OF OUR GOVERNMENT.
This starts with you, Mr. President. You are our leader. In this regard, you have failed our nation. There is no other way to put it. If you want your legacy to be positive economic growth, do the right thing immediately, condemn this in the strongest words possible, and ensure the peaceful transition of power. Then lead your base to something positive for our country. This is not it. Your taped video on Twitter was not enough. America deserves better. America deserves to hear directly from you, Mr. President. We need courage from all elected officials right now. Not cowardice. Quit worrying about the next election. Just do what is right, right now.
My fellow Republicans, this cannot persist. We cannot lead and inspire like this. Tomorrow, we must have a serious conversation about our principles, our values, and how we treat one another. But tonight, I pray for our nation. Our President. Our law enforcement. Our young people who have seen our own U.S. Capitol attacked by fellow Americans proclaiming to be patriots.
I pray for all of us. Including those who detest me. We are all God's children. God Bless the United States of America. We need Him now more than ever.

the replies started with a "I'm so disappointed in America right now" (because it's America that's the problem but not Republicans) and then went to "antifa did this" territory including the phillyantifa.org image that dax believed.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2021, 09:50:17 AM »

Listen to Mike Duncan's Revolution's podcast. It goes through a lot of em (not just French) but the French particular ones are the 3rd Series (French Revolution), Series 6, France's June Rebellion 1832, Series 7: 1848 (though mostly all Europe but France is of course involved), Series 8: Second French Empire. They are involved in a lot of it, and yes, taking to the barricades is like their reflexive way of getting things done. In fact if you look at well, anytime they are pissed, they build barricades, it's kinda touching how traditional they are in their revolutionary angst.

On a side note, he's got 10 series/chapter, whatever, with some of those revolutions taking as many as 45 episodes, but all still good. Yes, he also covers the American Revolution, it's series 2, but the kinda sucky thing about it is that it's very short, like 15 episodes, and not that he hates that revolution or whatever, just his original goal was to try to keep things at like 15ish episodes a revolution, then he hit the French one right after, realized, holy crap, this is a lot, and just said eff it, I'll make as many as I need for each revolution (so that June Rebellion one is actually also short, but in depth, like 10 episodes, where 1848 and the French Revolution, are in the 40s/50s, and his current one the Russian, will probably end in the 90s.)

Also, there are two Revolutions in there worth listening to, Series 4, the Haitian with a lot on Toussant L'Overture, and Series 5, Gran Colombia, with Simon Boliver as those are simply not talked about as much, and the Haitian revolution is now his basically favorite and most real one, as it was literal slaves settings themselves free. But they're all good. Mexico is in there too, but I kinda found it boring.
That is a good podcast. He just dropped an ep reviewing the Russian Revolution so far and says he is going to start getting into the 1917 part of the Russian Revolution. I enjoyed the one about the American Revolution, also

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2021, 10:04:17 AM »

That is a good podcast. He just dropped an ep reviewing the Russian Revolution so far and says he is going to start getting into the 1917 part of the Russian Revolution. I enjoyed the one about the American Revolution, also

Yeah, I follow him on the twitters, and I met/went in the revolutions' tour 2015 to England, Paris/Versailles. which was a lot of fun but boy are there are really nerdy people compared to me out there (nothing wrong, but next level on some of that stuff).

I haven't started back up on it recently just because with work we're heavy in starting new projects, and it's a lot of spec work, so a lot of reading and writing, not good to have other voices in my head. When I get back to drawings I'll probably listen

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2021, 12:27:30 PM »

I thought it should have come with the "tries too hard to be edgy" tag that okcat used to have under his name on here.
yes, it was cringe at best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2021, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2021, 09:23:36 AM »
Dumb Ass his maximum bad words for my guy so you can tell he’s fully PO’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2021, 10:20:13 AM »
he said "ass" on the senate floor so I am skeptical

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
Yeah, it’s still max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2021, 10:50:30 AM »
If most of the other republicans vote to impeach, then so will Sasse.