Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 8923 times)

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2023, 11:08:53 AM »
I went through something similar as a graphic designer a couple years back. Felt like I was in a rut.  :flush:

I just took a break, started exploring photography, and even tried my hand at cooking! It's weirdly therapeutic, I tell you.

After a couple of months, I felt like I was missing something. So, I went for psychological testing in NYC. Honestly, it was eye-opening. A few sessions later, I realized that I just needed to find a better work-life balance. Sometimes, we don't realize that we're just grinding ourselves down. Long story short, I took up designing again, but I made sure I set aside some 'me-time.'  :Woohoo:

Work life balance is super important, even if you love something if you overwork yourself you will get burnt out and hate it. The Grind grind grind mentality some people espouse is not healthy. Glad you're doing better man.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2023, 02:38:38 PM »
Rest is good. Knowing when to say enough is good. Being grateful is very good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WallyOhearn

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2023, 12:22:31 PM »
I came across this older thread about mental health, and it's still relevant today. Mental health is an ongoing and important topic that deserves attention and understanding. It's crucial to break the stigma surrounding mental health issues and promote open conversations about it.

I appreciate your honesty in sharing your own struggles with anxiety and depression. It takes courage to talk about these experiences. Your story can inspire others to seek help and find support. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

If anyone reading this is concerned about early signs of schizophrenia or other mental health concerns, it's essential to reach out for professional help. There are resources and support available to provide guidance and treatment.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:51:59 AM by WallyOhearn »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2023, 02:14:02 PM »
I came across this older thread about mental health, and it's still relevant today. Mental health is an ongoing and important topic that deserves attention and understanding. It's crucial to break the stigma surrounding mental health issues and promote open conversations about it.
This sounds unmanly and also crazy.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2023, 02:21:57 PM »

Pretty awesome that gE is getting into the ChatGPT game with new posters.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline JacobySalinas

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2023, 03:44:50 PM »
Absolutely, mental health is a crucial topic that deserves more attention. It's heartening to see people like you speaking up about their own experiences. Depression, anxiety, and all sorts of challenges can make life feel incredibly tough. You're right. Sometimes, seeking help is just a first step, and finding long-lasting solutions can be complex. It's important to remember that everyone's journey is unique. Sharing stories and creating awareness can make a big difference. By the way, have you ever looked into the causes of depersonalization? It's an interesting aspect to consider. Check out this resource: fherehab.com.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 07:58:36 AM by JacobySalinas »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2023, 04:44:09 PM »
Thank you for your understanding and support. It's important for all of us to have open conversations about mental health to reduce stigma and help those who are struggling. By sharing our experiences, we can pave the way for a more empathetic and compassionate society.