Author Topic: Corey Sutton  (Read 49891 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Corey Sutton
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:13 AM »
Sutton called Kellis back and Kellis updated his story.  He finished the spring with a 3.0 & dropped his summer classes.
If that's true, wtf KSU Cats!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
I think some people upset at Corey are handling their catdom incorrectly.

I always hate the thought behind phrases like "once a wildcat, always a wildcat."  no!  that's not true.  mark mangino was a wildcat once.  was he in 2004?  I think you know the answer to that.

being a cat isn't a "blood in blood out" enterprise.  it's an affirmative decision we make every single day.  today, I will EMAW.  maybe i'll stop EMAW'ing tomorrow, but not today. 

if this Sutton fellow isn't a wildcat, he's not a wildcat, and we shouldn't force him to be because that, friends, is impossible. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »
Guys, tons of kids get homesick and depressed their freshman year. Our ad/coaches probably pull this scheme multiple times a year and 9 times out of 10 the player sticks around and finds their groove their second year and we never hear another word about it.

Unfortunately it seems like maybe we hold on too long sometimes too. Sutton should obviously get his release, but I really don't have a problem with our coaches giving a little pushback too.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
This is and always will be a simple freaking decision: Let the kid go. So completely stupid to not release him. It looks terrible on the school and makes future recruits concerned about how they will be treated.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
Guys, tons of kids get homesick and depressed their freshman year. Our ad/coaches probably pull this scheme multiple times a year and 9 times out of 10 the player sticks around and finds their groove their second year and we never hear another word about it.

Unfortunately it seems like maybe we hold on too long sometimes too. Sutton should obviously get his release, but I really don't have a problem with our coaches giving a little pushback too.
me and lib are just on the same page like all the time

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »
Yep

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 11:20:01 AM »
With coaching change being a looming concern, I don't think we need to send the message that we will hold transfers hostage.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »
Assuming this guy is eventually allowed to transfer or whatever and doesn't get mumped on the timing of it all, this is hilarious to be happening again.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Corey Sutton
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »
Where does he want to xfer?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
With coaching change being a looming concern, I don't think we need to send the message that we will hold transfers hostage.

Bill is probably trying to send a message to the kids already here that they had better not try to transfer away when Sean's coach.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 11:43:09 AM »
yeah i don't really get it. the "best" result from k-state's point of view is that a kid who hates you now decides to stick around and play for you even though he will still hate the crap out of you and only make the team worse.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »
Bleacher Report has now picked up the story.... gonna end up being a PR nightmare.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline 09emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »
What I've been told from inside the team is that this is a grade issue and that is why they are holding his release. IDK why but I know I've heard in the past about us not releasing players who are not in good academic standing. Anyway this kid is headed for a JUCO somewhere in all likelihood because he had the worst grades on the team. Surprisingly really with his intellectual tweeting ability.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:47 PM »
Bleacher Report has now picked up the story.... gonna end up being a PR nightmare.

for about a day

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »
What I've been told from inside the team is that this is a grade issue and that is why they are holding his release. IDK why but I know I've heard in the past about us not releasing players who are not in good academic standing. Anyway this kid is headed for a JUCO somewhere in all likelihood because he had the worst grades on the team. Surprisingly really with his intellectual tweeting ability.

His mom says he had a 3.0, then says he never had worse than a C. Now I know he could have an A for each of those C's, but how amaze would it be if they didn't know how to calculate GPA and thought a C average was a 3.0? Much like time zones, GPA calculating can be confusing.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »
I don't care about this.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2017, 12:43:55 PM »
All the tweets are deleted now.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »

Bill is probably trying to send a message to the kids already here that they had better not try to transfer away when Sean's coach.

Sean is a gigantic dick about rules and regulations, hair length being one of them. Is it safe to say most of this is on Sean?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »

Sean is a gigantic dick about rules and regulations, hair length being one of them. Is it safe to say most of this is on Sean?

No, Cory is saying it's Bill, and he would probably know better than anyone.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2017, 01:05:03 PM »

His mom says he had a 3.0, then says he never had worse than a C. Now I know he could have an A for each of those C's, but how amaze would it be if they didn't know how to calculate GPA and thought a C average was a 3.0? Much like time zones, GPA calculating can be confusing.

Calculating GPA is about as weird & difficult to understand as how knees and ankles work, which is pretty damn complicated & confusing.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »
Some gems:

KSU football is literally on the edge of implosion. A senile old man with cancer who is on his way out as their coach but, the University won't move on because of his past achievements. The longer they keep propping his corpse up on the sideline the more he will inadvertently tarnish his own legacy. Use this opportunity with his current health for Old Balls to be shown the door with some grace, otherwise things won't be as rosey when he finally goes.

And the second comment to the article is from his uncle:

If I can speak freely as a concerned uncle, my family have all witnessed what has happened with Corey over the past year and a half. From what this experience intially meant to him and where he has found himself since making that committment to and spending the past year and a half at Kansas State.

What bothers me personally is that I see a young man who committed to, and threw his all behind that committment, only to discover that the "idea" of family that LHC Bill Snyder and the staff promote isn't family at all. That idea of family seems to have been lost within a dictator mentality because of how one man wants everyone to conform to his standards. Therefore, something as benign as the way someone wears their hair or what color of shoes and socks they walk around the building wearing, becomes a distraction. Not for the players, but for a man who has grown accustomed to getting his way.

It appears that Bill Synder speaks FOR the college and that there is little to no questioning his assumed authority over it all. It should not be that way. The doors should always remain open for students and student athlete's alike to speak for themselves, and to speak up for themselves.

I would like to ask LHC Bill Snyder, where is that idea of family? Did it get lost somewhere simply because a long tenured and successful coach within the schools history has his name plastered on the side of a stadium wall? Has his pride given him that dictator mentality to where he feels it is his place to coach up conformity, as opposed to embracing and encouraging individuality?

Beyond their capabilities on the football field, I believe there is little committment made towards knowing who these young men are. Therefore little to no understanding of what their backgrounds are, what their future aspirations may be, or in Corey's case, where his sense of well being is.

When I hear that my nephew has been going to counseling and I learn of a decision like the one that was made final today, that "idea" of family is no longer present when the care and concern for another human being is no longer acknowledged.

Perhaps there's rumors floating around SheepTown that they'll be playing for a different coach this fall???

I would send this out to every recruit in the midwest.

The purple board isn't taking it too well. A player speaks poorly of their "family" and they are all on board for ruining the dude's career. The KSU fanbase isn't full of kansas' best and brightest. Looks like one of them had to come over here and one star everything here to make them feel better. You think they would learn after the negative press they got for blocking Leti's transfer. At least they had a halfway decent reason for that.

Weird how it was OK for Chris Harper to transfer to KSU, but Sutton can't transfer out of KSU.

Old Balls did grow up in Missouri, during slavery...

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2017, 01:58:55 PM »
Some gems:

And the second comment to the article is from his uncle:

If I can speak freely as a concerned uncle, my family have all witnessed what has happened with Corey over the past year and a half. From what this experience intially meant to him and where he has found himself since making that committment to and spending the past year and a half at Kansas State.

What bothers me personally is that I see a young man who committed to, and threw his all behind that committment, only to discover that the "idea" of family that LHC LHC Bill Snyder and the staff promote isn't family at all. That idea of family seems to have been lost within a dictator mentality because of how one man wants everyone to conform to his standards. Therefore, something as benign as the way someone wears their hair or what color of shoes and socks they walk around the building wearing, becomes a distraction. Not for the players, but for a man who has grown accustomed to getting his way.

It appears that Bill Synder speaks FOR the college and that there is little to no questioning his assumed authority over it all. It should not be that way. The doors should always remain open for students and student athlete's alike to speak for themselves, and to speak up for themselves.

I would like to ask LHC LHC Bill Snyder, where is that idea of family? Did it get lost somewhere simply because a long tenured and successful coach within the schools history has his name plastered on the side of a stadium wall? Has his pride given him that dictator mentality to where he feels it is his place to coach up conformity, as opposed to embracing and encouraging individuality?

Beyond their capabilities on the football field, I believe there is little committment made towards knowing who these young men are. Therefore little to no understanding of what their backgrounds are, what their future aspirations may be, or in Corey's case, where his sense of well being is.

When I hear that my nephew has been going to counseling and I learn of a decision like the one that was made final today, that "idea" of family is no longer present when the care and concern for another human being is no longer acknowledged.

I bet if it was Saban instead of Snyder, people would do a 180.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »
i mean there's really no reason for him to be mad about the hair and dress code, unless he didn't take a visit or talk to anyone that played at k-state before coming

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »
What are the chances he's wanting to transfer to Charlotte? If that's the case, maybe weee not releasing him because we play them week 2. Seems weird to hold him even for that, but maybe that has something to do with it.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »
What are the chances he's wanting to transfer to Charlotte? If that's the case, maybe weee not releasing him because we play them week 2. Seems weird to hold him even for that, but maybe that has something to do with it.

He asked for a release to 35 schools, none in the Big12 or on future schedules.  All 35 denied.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls