Author Topic: Do resident Libs love Apple?  (Read 8535 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Do resident Libs love Apple?
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 10:21:16 PM »
 I can't FaceTime with their crap

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »
I've definitely seen many San Francisco progressives with flip phones. If I had to rank current SF tech company hate it would be:

1) Google, they're huge, became the symbol of hate via their private commuter buses...generically called "Google buses" even though all the major silicon valley tech companies have them. Still lots of proglibs use gmail.
2) Uber: terrible CEO, terrible culture, they ruin taxi companies' monopoly. So folks use lyft
3) Facebook: Zuckerberg is an easily hateable target. Somehow even his philanthropy is hated.
4) Twitter: Small and relatively harmless but they got a sweetheart tax break to gentrify a shitty neighborhood which is pretty bad.
5) Airbnb: People are concerned with them taking housing off the market plus they had some ridiculously tone deaf ads during the campaign. Still the best lodging option for euro vacations tho
6) The juicero of the moment: whichever dumb tech startup seems to make the most out of touch move in any given week
7) Apple: Should be higher since they're the richest company in the world but I don't think most people realize that plus they are admired for design. probably also helped because their employees never ever ever talk about working for apple so no annoying tech bro brunch conversations featuring Apple employees

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 12:26:04 AM »
lol dax "you libs like getting a product from a company that you ultimately should hate"

like there isn't a gazillion products daxs buys (oil for example) that has helped fund ending his dreams

sad

what a low bar troll job

It's really pretty sad that you can't see the difference nor understand what's being said.

Pretty sad attempt at redirection.

You and fsd are both really poor at explaining your point.  You know that though. Just really bad goE'ing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 04:50:05 AM »
lol dax "you libs like getting a product from a company that you ultimately should hate"

like there isn't a gazillion products daxs buys (oil for example) that has helped fund ending his dreams

sad

what a low bar troll job

It's really pretty sad that you can't see the difference nor understand what's being said.

You and fsd are both really poor at explaining your point.  You know that though. Just really bad goE'ing

Lol, nah man, when you guys are rolling with Limbaugh and "you guys buy stuff from evil companies to" (after repeatedly saying that's a given), and then to still get that kind of post?

Do better.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 04:53:51 AM »
I've definitely seen many San Francisco progressives with flip phones. If I had to rank current SF tech company hate it would be:

1) Google, they're huge, became the symbol of hate via their private commuter buses...generically called "Google buses" even though all the major silicon valley tech companies have them. Still lots of proglibs use gmail.
2) Uber: terrible CEO, terrible culture, they ruin taxi companies' monopoly. So folks use lyft
3) Facebook: Zuckerberg is an easily hateable target. Somehow even his philanthropy is hated.
4) Twitter: Small and relatively harmless but they got a sweetheart tax break to gentrify a shitty neighborhood which is pretty bad.
5) Airbnb: People are concerned with them taking housing off the market plus they had some ridiculously tone deaf ads during the campaign. Still the best lodging option for euro vacations tho
6) The juicero of the moment: whichever dumb tech startup seems to make the most out of touch move in any given week
7) Apple: Should be higher since they're the richest company in the world but I don't think most people realize that plus they are admired for design. probably also helped because their employees never ever ever talk about working for apple so no annoying tech bro brunch conversations featuring Apple employees

How can you know about all the transgressions of the others, and then not know that Apple has parked a quarter Trillion offshore, sues everybody that sniffs their way and uses what amounts to slave labor to assemble their products? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 07:17:20 AM »

How can you know about all the transgressions of the others, and then not know that Apple has parked a quarter Trillion offshore, sues everybody that sniffs their way and uses what amounts to slave labor to assemble their products?

Several reasons:

1) They have the best PR staff in business- They are insanely good at manipulating the press and tech press especially.

2) They have an insane culture of secrecy-remember when the iphone 4 leaked like 10 years ago and heat a big deal that was? Have you heard of any major leaks since? I mean their employees won't even tell you they work for apple unless they're trying to get a job from you. And even then they won't tell you much other than try to make it seem like they are on speaking terms with Johnny Ives.

3) No perceivable local impact: Who cares about Chinese workers? Uber kills taxis and has the sexist culture, Google has the buses, airbnb inflates housing prices, Zuckerberg has the audacity to put his rough ridin' name on a hospital

4) They make great products that people love

But yeah, people pretty much know.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 08:26:07 AM »

Saw a report about Barcelona cracking down on Airbnb set ups for that reason. Other major euro cities may do the same.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »

Several reasons:

1) They have the best PR staff in business- They are insanely good at manipulating the press and tech press especially.

2) They have an insane culture of secrecy-remember when the iphone 4 leaked like 10 years ago and heat a big deal that was? Have you heard of any major leaks since? I mean their employees won't even tell you they work for apple unless they're trying to get a job from you. And even then they won't tell you much other than try to make it seem like they are on speaking terms with Johnny Ives.

3) No perceivable local impact: Who cares about Chinese workers? Uber kills taxis and has the sexist culture, Google has the buses, airbnb inflates housing prices, Zuckerberg has the audacity to put his rough ridin' name on a hospital

4) They make great products that people love

But yeah, people pretty much know.

I know Apple has great PR, secrecy and perception, but still plenty of info on the bad things.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

sad

what a low bar troll job

It's because he makes an insanely specific point, and when people call him out for it "but, but that's not what I'm sayin!"

Then he casts a wider net in new areas, ol' dax, expert at the ol' drag em down to my level and beat them with experience. Curious how he feels about diamonds, food in general, and still doesn't answer my oil question, but because it's not the point I'm feebly trying to make!
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »

sad

what a low bar troll job

It's because he makes an insanely specific point, and when people call him out for it "but, but that's not what I'm sayin!"

Then he casts a wider net in new areas, ol' dax, expert at the ol' drag em down to my level and beat them with experience. Curious how he feels about diamonds, food in general, and still doesn't answer my oil question, but because it's not the point I'm feebly trying to make!

When you start with already understood talking points and then dumb redirection.  You're already way behind the curve if not getting lapped.

You really suck at gEing.  It has to be said.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 01:06:16 PM »
I still have a Microsoft Zune from 2009, how libtard am I dax?

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »
You obviously still support the Gates Foundation and its weather control and eugenics, duh.

But I want to see Dax put a light on the hypocrisy of Pono owners. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
You obviously still support the Gates Foundation and its weather control and eugenics, duh.

I'm not really talking about owners of anything.

I'm talking perception driven PR.  cRusty touched on it. 

This isn't really that hard, but, oh well. 

The Big Train

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »
I still have a Microsoft Zune from 2009, how libtard am I dax?

My dad had one of those and even after they stopped supporting it he wouldn't let it go. :lol:

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »

I'm not really talking about owners of anything.

I'm talking perception driven PR.  cRusty touched on it. 

This isn't really that hard, but, oh well.

Oh, ok! Great thread! Sorry for weird/angry/sad redirect!

Guess I just got Pono'wned.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
All I know is this, I'll give you my iPhone when you pry it from my cold, dead hands

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
All I know is this, I'll give you my iPhone when you pry it from my cold, dead hands

Libtard outed.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »
dax is just outing people left and right, incredible

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »

Libtard outed.

Welp.

8values don't lie I suppose: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=39245.msg1712544#msg1712544

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »

sad

what a low bar troll job

When you start with already understood talking points and then dumb redirection.  You're already way behind the curve if not getting lapped.

You really suck at gEing.  It has to be said.

I think I'm getting close to striking the right nerve with you, never heard you lash out so badly at me. trolldax
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2017, 03:14:23 PM »
Fellas, it's okay.  Not everything is a laser beam pointed at you, take the big picture out for a spin.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2017, 03:23:01 PM »
Yeah fellas, when dax quotes your post and personally insults you that doesn't mean he's talking to you. The world doesn't revolve around you, sheesh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
Some people can't handle this thread.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »
kids love the crap out of apple - they start using ipads in school and by the time they are getting their own devices only the nice kids like mine are downloading WeChat so they can text the one kid in the grade stuck with Dad's old GS4

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »
I don't care who you are, Apple products are awesome.