Author Topic: oscar is on the clock...  (Read 21495 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: oscar is on the clock...
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:42 AM »
i liked when Frank talked about loyalty and how when the going gets tough the tough gets going, except when your boss annoys the crap out of you.

So you're disloyal if you don't stay at your job forever and ever? Interesting. I'd guess a grand majority of people consider themselves loyal to their job/employer but would leave if circumstances merited doing so. I suppose its fair to hold basketball coaches to a grander standard than such careers as doctors, teachers, and clergy.
That's not what I'm saying.  And Frank isn't some random guy.  Frank's a guy who spoke ad nauseum about the merits of loyalty and overcoming adversity and so on.  But he seemed to become pretty self-interested when the circumstances merited doing so.  I don't blame him for leaving at all.  He had to make a move that was best for him and I understand that and I also understand what a pain in the ass it had to be working under Currie. 

I just find the whole ordeal kind of funny in hindsight, given his unique devotion to talking about the importance of loyalty.  Of course  I don't think coaches should be held to a higher standard, but if any teacher told me every chance he got how important loyalty is, and then had a huge disagreement with the principle and left shortly after, I'd probably bring up the whole loyalty thing to some of my friends and we'd all have a short laugh about it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:47 AM »
There wasn't a disagreement and he left shortly thereafter, they had issues the entire time Currie was here. The first six months alone had Frank being left out of Currie's extension handouts, Frank being forced to apologize after the Oregon game and Currie very publicly sitting right behind Frank after the Oregon game and taking notes. Here's where someone should post the shop/gif/emoticon of Currie leering from behind the newspaper. So no this was far from an isolated argument about Dillon's trashcans and then bolting to USC. Would he fit your standard for loyalty if he left and it wasn't after a highly publicized disagreement with his boss?

Either way Frank not meeting someone elses definition of loyal doesn't make him disloyal IMO. If that were the case I suppose we'd all be disloyal to some extent.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2013, 01:36:45 AM »
There wasn't a disagreement and he left shortly thereafter, they had issues the entire time Currie was here. The first six months alone had Frank being left out of Currie's extension handouts, Frank being forced to apologize after the Oregon game and Currie very publicly sitting right behind Frank after the Oregon game and taking notes. Here's where someone should post the shop/gif/emoticon of Currie leering from behind the newspaper. So no this was far from an isolated argument about Dillon's trashcans and then bolting to USC. Would he fit your standard for loyalty if he left and it wasn't after a highly publicized disagreement with his boss?

Either way Frank not meeting someone elses definition of loyal doesn't make him disloyal IMO. If that were the case I suppose we'd all be disloyal to some extent.

Agreed.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2013, 01:45:18 AM »

Listen, I think I must be doing a poor job of expressing what I'm trying to say.

I'm not trying to make some "frank is a big bad person and i hated him."  i liked frank.  i just think his "loyalty, loyalty, loyalty," stuff is funny given his and the AD's inability to get along with one another and him leaving to go to South Carolina.  Maybe the observation is not funny at all.  Who knows.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:51:39 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »

hilarious. 

listen dlew, frank not meeting your definition of disloyal doesn't make him disloyal according to my definition.

now if there's anything else you want to discuss, let's just hash it out right here and i'll tell you you're wrong and we can be done with it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »
Are there people out there who believed that Frank Martin deserved yet another pay raise from K-State? 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:26 AM »
does it matter? 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »
does it matter?

I responded in another thread . . . sure it matters, when you start tossing out things like that, I'd like to know who those "people of influence" are, and I got my answer, he was just throwing crap at the wall seeing if it would stick,  per usual.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2013, 08:21:59 AM »
No raise. He was grossly overpaid for what he did.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »
There wasn't a disagreement and he left shortly thereafter, they had issues the entire time Currie was here. The first six months alone had Frank being left out of Currie's extension handouts, Frank being forced to apologize after the Oregon game and Currie very publicly sitting right behind Frank after the Oregon game and taking notes. Here's where someone should post the shop/gif/emoticon of Currie leering from behind the newspaper. So no this was far from an isolated argument about Dillon's trashcans and then bolting to USC.

technically he wasn't left out. he was just insulted by the paltry cola raise that was offered, mushed currie and then went on a run that eventually ended up in the elite 8 and forced currie to offer him an actual raise and renegotiate the contract. frank won that battle. lost the war, but won that. agree with the rest.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:52:51 AM by rick daris »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2017, 03:31:24 PM »
#ticktock

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »
I foresee a Jim Woolridge-type sixth year coming up soon.

No. Currie has his annoying traits, but he isn't nearly as dumb as whoever our AD was then.

Oh man.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
Oh boy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »
Oh boy.

Don't feel bad, it was only a matter of time.

slightly OT: but FAN's meltdown threads have great meme potential. YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK, WEBER!

:thumbs:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:33 PM »
A hearty  :lol: at anyone who thinks oscar can suck but will still be coaching at K-State for a long time.

Jon Wefald left the building a long time ago kids.

:frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2017, 04:55:08 PM »
What a world we live in guys :frown:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »
Why do only dufus cats are the ones that really have 9 lives?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2017, 08:18:08 PM »
A hearty  :lol: at anyone who thinks oscar can suck but will still be coaching at K-State for a long time.

oscar is amazing at being just good enough to not get fired. A true tightrope walker.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »

oscar is amazing at being just good enough to not get fired. A true tightrope walker.

Exactly .500 across 2 P5 leagues over 12 years is the definition of this. 106-106. Amazing really.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »

Exactly .500 across 2 P5 leagues over 12 years is the definition of this. 106-106. Amazing really.

But he got fired from his other P5 job for having a season similar to his last two? He's not walking a tightrope he lucked into John Currie.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »

But he got fired from his other P5 job for having a season similar to his last two? He's not walking a tightrope he lucked into John Currie.

k-state