Author Topic: Is KU football still hurting?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Is KU football still hurting?
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
Kansas football still has an early top-15 class. Can KU keep its 2 Louisiana 4-stars? - http://bndl.tw/q0FOonvH

:ohno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
Re: Is KU football still hurting?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:23:33 PM »
2 4 star peanuts in a turd ain't gonna make that crap smell any better...
Dax fan club member!

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
They'll be hurting until they don't finish last in conference two years in a row.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »
Can KU football be turning the corner?  Their latest football hire was not a former good/great coach, but one that seems solid. 

Why?

KU has the fewest penalty yards of any team in the conference, and the only team to have zero turnovers.  Could this speak to a basic discipline that will lead to bigger and greater progress?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »
Can KU football be turning the corner?  Their latest football hire was not a former good/great coach, but one that seems solid. 

Why?

KU has the fewest penalty yards of any team in the conference, and the only team to have zero turnovers.  Could this speak to a basic discipline that will lead to bigger and greater progress?
Watch out when they get a full roster of football players

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 11:49:13 AM »

Why?

Yes. Good news-they’ll still suck

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »
ku has definitely improved year over year but they’ve still got a long way to go

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 04:50:03 PM »
ku has definitely improved year over year but they’ve still got a long way to go

That's fine by me, as long as we get a little bit better ever-y day.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 05:51:26 PM »

That's fine by me, as long as we get a little bit better ever-y day.

#4 Improve

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 07:48:21 PM »
this coach is the first actual coach that they have had since gill and as deputy dawg said there is some discipline in this team. they’re actually playing football versus wtf we’ve seen lately.  right now they just don’t have any talent.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »
this coach is the first actual coach that they have had since gill and as deputy dawg said there is some discipline in this team. they’re actually playing football versus wtf we’ve seen lately.  right now they just don’t have any talent.

Most of their talent transferred to other teams and are starting on those teams.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 09:13:18 AM »
We say this every year.  The bar is so low among fans, when really, there were certainly a few games in Miles' tenure where KU looked like they may have something.  2019 BC, 2019 Texas, 2019 Tech, 2019 Iowa State.  They were sorta competitive with coastal last year, almost beat tech.

KU so far this year beat South Dakota in a nailbiter and got blown out by coastal.  "Oh look at this progress!" 

Maybe Liepold gets them on track, maybe not, but i don't know how you can look at what they've done so far and walk away thinking it looks like anything other than what we've seen out of them since 2010.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 09:31:17 AM »
I think people see positivity because their QB isn't complete trash.  189 yds passing (0 INT which usually never happens), and 102 yds rushing with 2 TDs.  KU had 0 turnovers.  Good signs! 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 10:00:01 AM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.
We are between phases 1 and 2.  By the end of this season, when KU wins 1 or fewer games in the Big 12 (for the 13th straight year [!!!]), we'll be fully in Phase 2, bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to make our path towards phase 3 next year.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »
The most frustrating part is that they’re not giving anyone more than 3 years to turn their massive turd around. I legitimately think Beaty could have had them sniffing bowl eligibility if they didn’t get suckered into Miles.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 10:26:48 AM »
Gill - Mid-major
Weis - Big name failure
Beaty - Cheap up and comer
Miles - Big name failure
Leipold - Mid-major

They'll be due for another big name with their next hire.  Given the conference fluctuations, I wouldn't be surprised if they shorten the leash on Leipold a little bit more and try to hire that big name sooner to show the P5 that they are taking football seriously. 

I think KU has to hire Kiffin at some point, right?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 10:55:59 AM »
Kiffin at KU!?!?!?

Nah, I want to see Harbaugh come back home.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »
Let's see what Urban has to say first.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 11:51:40 AM »
Let's see what Urban has to say first.

You have to at least make him say no.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »
i can't decide which phase of the KU Football Circle of Life is my favorite.  Whether it's over the course of three years or four years, the following cycle plays over and over:

Phase 1: Alright boys, new coach!  Not the most inspiring hire, but at least we've got a guy who knows football.  let's give him a ton of time.  He should be a great recruiter, and anyone is better than that last clown.

Phase 2: Tough season, but it's obvious we're moving in the right direction.  And none of this is unexpected given the shithole the last coach left us in. Let's be patient.

Phase 3:  Horrible season.  I still think this coach is the guy, but if we don't start seeing results next year I think we need to let him go.

Phase 4:  Fire this idiot.  Why is he recruiting so many jucos?  Our football team is an embarrassment.  Anyone would be better than this clown.
We are between phases 1 and 2.  By the end of this season, when KU wins 1 or fewer games in the Big 12 (for the 13th straight year [!!!]), we'll be fully in Phase 2, bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to make our path towards phase 3 next year.

My God, 13 straight 1 win or less conference seasons. Big time yikes even for them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »
STRA13T is in their destiny

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »
I mean, it has to be Harbaugh, right? Oh, they'll WANT Urban, but Urban's too smart for that. Time to search the archives for the Harbaugh to KU threads (complete with photos, if I recall correctly). TSC Baby!
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 06:09:49 PM »
We say this every year.  The bar is so low among fans, when really, there were certainly a few games in Miles' tenure where KU looked like they may have something.  2019 BC, 2019 Texas, 2019 Tech, 2019 Iowa State.  They were sorta competitive with coastal last year, almost beat tech.

KU so far this year beat South Dakota in a nailbiter and got blown out by coastal.  "Oh look at this progress!" 

Maybe Liepold gets them on track, maybe not, but i don't know how you can look at what they've done so far and walk away thinking it looks like anything other than what we've seen out of them since 2010.

This bean fella looks to be their best QB in the last decade.  His play alone makes me think they are improved.  It's a low bar for them, but I think he's a serviceable qb at this level.  And the eye test for me says they showed quite a bit of improvement from week 1 to week 2. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2021, 09:58:42 AM »
 :driving:

This bean fella looks to be their best QB in the last decade.  His play alone makes me think they are improved.  It's a low bar for them, but I think he's a serviceable qb at this level.  And the eye test for me says they showed quite a bit of improvement from week 1 to week 2.
8-17 for 57 yards yesterday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2021, 10:36:09 AM »
:driving:

8-17 for 57 yards yesterday.

Did he get pulled?