Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285586 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #3200 on: April 21, 2023, 11:58:38 AM »
I'll be 55 when my nest is empty which I feel like is a good sweet spot. I think kk will be like 39 when his youngest departs the kk nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 21, 2023, 12:58:00 PM »
I'll be 55 when my nest is empty which I feel like is a good sweet spot. I think kk will be like 39 when his youngest departs the kk nest.

I used to think Kat Kid was like 15 years older than me because i thought he was the same age as all the octogenarian mods.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 21, 2023, 01:02:53 PM »
We tried the baby in a magic merlin sleep suit last night.  That crap cracks me up.  Like Randy from a Christmas Story.

fun fact: Will Howard's parents started the Baby Merlin company

woah

:lol: holy crap, I won't even have a single high school graduate by 50. I used to think I did it the right way by waiting, now that I'm old I think y'all got it right. But my wife is 8 years younger than me, so having kids in my 20s would have been hugely problematic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 21, 2023, 01:05:37 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 21, 2023, 01:10:03 PM »
I'll be empty nest'n at 54 if my math is correct.

Oldest in my house is a teenager now. He gets an attitude sometimes but is overall a great kid. 13 is kind of a unique age because the dude has a mustache and still plays with legos.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 21, 2023, 01:11:45 PM »
The biggest downside to having a teen is the amount of calories consumed daily is probably triple what it was when he was 9. Homeboy can eat an entire pizza without blinking

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 21, 2023, 04:35:49 PM »
Empty nest at 51. If the youngest does college in 4 years we’ll be done with that at 55. I think that works out perfectly. I had an old boss that had a great job at 55 & thought he’d retire in it. He spent like he would be able to & still had a kid in HS. Then we got bought & it all changed. I think 55 is perfect for time to be done with kids’ college costs & know if my job situation changes I can go “eff it” & coast if needed.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 21, 2023, 04:48:50 PM »
The biggest downside to having a teen is the amount of calories consumed daily is probably triple what it was when he was 9. Homeboy can eat an entire pizza without blinking

The milk! Nicname Jr drinks like 3+ pints a day
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 21, 2023, 07:49:20 PM »
I'll be empty nest'n at 54 if my math is correct.

Oldest in my house is a teenager now. He gets an attitude sometimes but is overall a great kid. 13 is kind of a unique age because the dude has a mustache and still plays with legos.

Even though my son is only four, I can say with absolute confidence that he won't have a moustache at 13. I was in my late 20s before i started shaving a mustache.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 21, 2023, 10:45:05 PM »
My oldest and I now wear the same size shoes. It's glorious.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: April 22, 2023, 11:04:40 AM »
58 for me.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 22, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »
My oldest is going to college this August.  My youngest will be going in two years. That will put me at 46 when they are both out and hopefully around 51 when everyone is done. That said, both are very interested in things that will require more school after their bachelor’s(law and bio) if they maintain the same interests.

I am thinking, worst case, they should both be out of all school and far enough into their careers to be stable by the time I am 53-55.

I might sell my biz and just build decks or something then. Just me and one other guy, just easy simple decks, and just one at a time. Take winter off and chase the Tangcats to away games.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 22, 2023, 11:16:07 AM »
My oldest is going to college this August.  My youngest will be going in two years. That will put me at 46 when they are both out and hopefully around 51 when everyone is done. That said, both are very interested in things that will require more school after their bachelor’s(law and bio) if they maintain the same interests.

I am thinking, worst case, they should both be out of all school and far enough into their careers to be stable by the time I am 53-55.

I might sell my biz and just build decks or something then. Just me and one other guy, just easy simple decks, and just one at a time. Take winter off and chase the Tangcats to away games.

A big deck guy, eh?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 22, 2023, 12:08:19 PM »

A big deck guy, eh?

There is definitely something to the simplicity and satisfaction of two guys erecting a deck together. Something pure. Something satisfying.  Pays good money too, as far as quasi early retirement goes, I bet.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 22, 2023, 01:23:44 PM »
I can honestly say I’ve never had my deck erected by another man. Not that I wouldn’t try it some day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 22, 2023, 01:24:07 PM »

A big deck guy, eh?

There is definitely something to the simplicity and satisfaction of two guys erecting a deck together. Something pure. Something satisfying.  Pays good money too, as far as quasi early retirement goes, I bet.
We talking decks in here!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 22, 2023, 01:35:01 PM »
We erect our own decks in this household
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: April 22, 2023, 02:13:50 PM »

Got the Mrs punching the time clock for those health benefits?  Don’t want to bankrupt yourself if you hammer your finger on your deck.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 22, 2023, 02:18:21 PM »

Got the Mrs punching the time clock for those health benefits?  Don’t want to bankrupt yourself if you hammer your finger on your deck.

We all have to go some time.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: April 22, 2023, 06:30:08 PM »

Bake into the sale that they have to keep you as an employee at minimum wage salary and allow you to buy health insurance on their plan until Medicare age. If you want to keep building decks with 1 other person, I’m sure you could work something out with the buyer for your employee to actually be their employee.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:35:54 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: April 23, 2023, 11:33:34 AM »
nothing better than a simple, perfect, deck

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: May 01, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »
Lil WW got pink eye last week, apparently the viral kind that doesn't respond to the normal drops. I woke up Sunday with one eye shut and I currently want to spoon my eyeball out. crap sucks.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: May 01, 2023, 05:33:15 PM »
Lil WW got pink eye last week, apparently the viral kind that doesn't respond to the normal drops. I woke up Sunday with one eye shut and I currently want to spoon my eyeball out. crap sucks.
Just in case...pink eye (conjunctivitis) is one of the symptoms of the new covid-19 strain (arcturus).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: May 01, 2023, 09:51:23 PM »
Just in case...pink eye (conjunctivitis) is one of the symptoms of the new covid-19 strain (arcturus).
Oh wow, didn't know that. Pink eye went around the day care of my youngest and he finishes his amoxicillin on Thursday and his provider just today said she thinks she has it.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: May 11, 2023, 10:14:09 AM »
Anyone have any good tips on a watch for a kid? I'm trying to hold off on the Apple watch situation for a bit and am def in the no phone category for a while. He just had one of those basic Garmin watches that just tracked his steps and it finally died. I'd rather not get something with a subscription, but he is getting to the age where I'd like to be able to communicate with him if he is somewhere else. Really on the fence here. My other kid has a fit bit thingy that connects to the iPad and will get messages while near and on wifi. I also found a Garmin called the Bounce that seems ok, but it requires a sub to work for the most part.